Stand ideas for old tv? To set in same room as my dinosaur system ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
What’s a Good idea for a cheap stand that would fit one of these TVs ?
Hopefully don’t
Have to diy one or spend a Lot on something so old.

32” Phillips none of my pictures will fit even in small .
anything just wide enough Home Depot sells or heavy weight stands ? What can you use to fit

Need room in a tv stand too fit this receiver on . Want to put it in same room
As my small 40” lcd and use it for older games and films that look bad on hdtv. Possibly get a vhs player someday or fix current one .
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
You can often find vintage “entertainment center” furniture in a thrift store or antique store. Just be sure to bring along your dimensions and a tape measure.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You can often find vintage “entertainment center” furniture in a thrift store or antique store. Just be sure to bring along your dimensions and a tape measure.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Any other ideas ? I don’t plan on making a diy shelf for it that would be a real painstaking effort .
I have one in basement but it’s too wide and not tall enough to put my receiver inside . R.I.P. I saw one in thrift store for $1 before I got this tv epic fail it’s gone now

I need something not too wide but tall enough to put this receiver inside . Such a hard task !!!!
Any help? Plozzz

The corner directly in front of the tube tv covered by this towel is were it’s going I need a short small square stand for this behemoth!!

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Any ideas? I’ll wait til habitat for humanity has some sort of sale but it’s going to be hard to find something to sit this heavy thing on that’s got a small footprint .?

Ultimate bass lover !! Stereo integrity si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
No ones got any tv stand ideas or something ??!

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Furniture is almost always bought for the room it is in and what is good for me, may be lousy for you.

I'm a fan of teak furniture and over the years I've picked up some great deals via Craiglist, including a number of free pieces. So, if you are a bargain hunter, that's where you begin as there could be a lot of good deals in your area.

I used to go to racksandstands.com but I think they are now part of Wayfair, so there's an absolute ton of options from them...
https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/cat/tv-stands-entertainment-centers-c413913.html

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Furniture is almost always bought for the room it is in and what is good for me, may be lousy for you.

I'm a fan of teak furniture and over the years I've picked up some great deals via Craiglist, including a number of free pieces. So, if you are a bargain hunter, that's where you begin as there could be a lot of good deals in your area.

I used to go to racksandstands.com but I think they are now part of Wayfair, so there's an absolute ton of options from them...
https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/cat/tv-stands-entertainment-centers-c413913.html
Nothing good free on my local Craig’s, I may just use a stand laying in my basement. I use it for my speakers to keep them off floor.
4:3 shows look terrible on all my hdtvs
How on earth do you move such a awkward bulky tv to the basement?????

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

nhttps://www.wayfair.com/furniture/cat/tv-stands-entertainment-centers-c413913.html
Not seen anything good free on Craig’s yet but im out of money looking for a desk job too .
How exactly do you fit a crt tv besides a lcd do I need a smaller stand for the lcd ?
Why the massive markup on new furniture it cost a incredibly lot for what you get ?
Really bad luck now my moms all mad saying I cannot set up two tv in that room . Why do old parents hate the fat style tv ? I keep getting threatened that it needs to go on the curb . Tube tv are toxic to the environment and I wanted to use this tv . But even if I do get it into basement how on earth would I ever get it out. ??

???
Should never got this tv fail , until I move out I’m under tyrannical idiocracy rule .

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Check your local DAV
What’s a dav ??
Why does my mom hate tube TVs?? Some sort of vengeance against them haha I got plenty of room to set it beside my 40” hdtv

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
What’s a dav ??
Why does my mom hate tube TVs?? Some sort of vengeance against them haha I got plenty of room to set it beside my 40” hdtv

DAV thrift store. Usually, pretty good quality stuff.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
DAV thrift store. Usually, pretty good quality stuff.
Ahh I never seen one near me in Ohio , best I’ve seen was habitat. Sucks when I got space for a second tv but my mom is boycotting it : says tube tv are bunk junk and I don’t need to make this room a movie theater

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Ahh I never seen one near me in Ohio , best I’ve seen was habitat. Sucks when I got space for a second tv but my mom is boycotting it : says tube tv are bunk junk and I don’t need to make this room a movie theater

Well seems like your having mom issues. One way to solve that is, as Pogre suggested to you on another one of your threads. Build that DeathRay machine from those DLP tv's you were looking at. :D
Wait, wait, maybe I shouldn't say that. For legal purposes, I do not condone nor do I consent to the previous statements made above and herein going forth. o_O

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Well unfortunately most loved ones are not fans of fat TVs or big subwoofers. They would rather have less clutter. Use it as motivation for your future home search someday for a place with a den of your own to use as you please. LOL :)

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Well unfortunately most loved ones are not fans of fat TVs or big subwoofers. They would rather have less clutter. Use it as motivation for your future home search someday for a place with a den of your own to use as you please. LOL :)
Problem is if I move it to basement won’t be able to carry it back up probably without a very expensive dolly .
Ehhh I need to really supercharge my job search . I got student loans so I will be an indentured servant or slave to the banks the system of the beast the end of bible haha .
R.I.P. glad I went to community college cheaper . Possible to pay off !!
I may go back and see how many classes til finished think 1 ... zzz
Something wrong with my car cat conversation bad it’s making smog clouds

Last edited:
Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Problem is if I move it to basement won’t be able to carry it back up probably without a very expensive dolly .
Ehhh I need to really supercharge my job search . I got student loans so I will be an indentured servant or slave to the banks the system of the beast the end of bible haha .
R.I.P. glad I went to community college cheaper . Possible to pay off !!

I feel for you. But just remember, those student loans you entered into, are a contract that no one forced you to do. That was done on your own accord. And remember, that bank money you speak of, comes from those depositors.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I feel for you. But just remember, those student loans you entered into, are a contract that no one forced you to do. That was done on your own accord. And remember, that bank money you speak of, comes from those depositors.
Your right about first part go over his research fractional reserve banking they don’t need actual money to loan out they can literally print and less money they can loan out 10 do 100 times as much money as they have through digital credits and the bank only carries 5% of it money at a time. The fed is private banking cartel and the government does not own it they do not own it and they have no control over it. Go do some research on the federal reserve.
Yes I should’ve done more research before I went to school for a degree so I could pick something that was relevant now graphic design which there’s no jobs for where I live and my car won’t make it far enough to go to Akron or Cleveland

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh geez. Do the cinder block and planks or shelving idea I suggested in another thread of yours!

2a842a859bfbd58e01fc9e55176bce45--cinder-block-shelves-cinder-block-ideas.jpg

1-Cinderblock-DIY-Media-Console-showyourvote.jpg
a99f92fcaa5265b0a45b63855a091bd4.jpg
tv_3.jpg

It's cheap, you can make it pretty much any size you want and would be very sturdy. You can make it basic or add some complexity with compartments and storage cubbies to get organized. You can even make it look nice with a little effort. If you don't like the cinder block look you can cover the whole thing with some fabric. Personally the look doesn't bother me at all. If it's done nice and clean and it's square and level I'd daresay I kind of like the aesthetic.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Oh geez. Do the cinder block and planks or shelving idea I suggested in another thread of yours!

View attachment 32371
View attachment 32372View attachment 32373View attachment 32374

It's cheap, you can make it pretty much any size you want and would be very sturdy. You can make it basic or add some complexity with compartments and storage cubbies to get organized. You can even make it look nice with a little effort. If you don't like the cinder block look you can cover the whole thing with some fabric. Personally the look doesn't bother me at all. If it's done nice and clean and it's square and level I'd daresay I kind of like the aesthetic.
I have one do those old style , tv stands for projector tv in my basement. Should I set cinder blocks under it Incase basement ever floods ???
What on average do cinder block cost?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis