Speaker Wire Myths and Truths

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Come on guys, if everyone heard the difference there must be a difference. The most convincing evidence of all is 'Even my wife/girlfriend heard the difference and she doesn't even care about audio'. ;)

wire

wire

Senior Audioholic
MDS said:
Come on guys, if everyone heard the difference there must be a difference. The most convincing evidence of all is 'Even my wife/girlfriend heard the difference and she doesn't even care about audio'. ;)
My girlfreind also heard the difference between regular Monster Cable and Monster Cable XP . I also agree with her , there less SHHhhh out of the tweets with XP .

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
MDS said:

I am sorry, I had an encounter with a wall not too long ago, made me forget. Thanks for snapping me out of that alternate reality:D

V

Vault 35

Enthusiast
Cross-Talk

I had some cross-talk problems recently. Somehow, I was hearing FM radio broadcasts through any amplifier I tried while plugged directly into the wall outlet--didn't matter if it was regular or vacuum tube. On a whim I purchased and installed one of MonsterCable's cheapest power conditioners and the problem went away. The cost of the power conditioner was less than how much I spend on booze and cashew nuts in any given month.

T

ToxicFrog

Enthusiast
Some people just can't bring themselves to connect their 4/5 figure equipment with 1/2 figure cable. Besides, the eye is quivker than the ear and thick, covered cables look the sh*t. Oh snap.

D

Duettadude

Enthusiast
mtrycrafts said:
Turning off the EQ altered the sound? Of course that alters the sound if you had the EQ altering the FR in the first place.
You and your guests were still biased, no matter how you try to slice and dice it:D
Unless the power cable has changed the ground plane of the system, somehow, no reason for it to alter the signal to the speaker terminals. But that is a different issue.
No, you are not convincing yet.
I think you mis-understand, the system sounded excellent after we eq'd it, but when we changed the power cables, it altered the sound enough to make it sound bad.
Put it this way, like you I did not expect it to change anything, but it did.
And yes, the power cables address grounding.

G

GreenJelly

Banned
GreenJelly said:
I like monkeys... I think they are funny... and i always want to give them Bananas...
My response here is the most valid response that we can make at this point.

We covered the differences and did a great job at explaining how and why these wires sell. We mentioned the psycology, science and feelings people have about them.

I just dont see the point in triing to convince someone that bought something that his purchase wasnt a good purchase. It will only serve to make him feel bad. I really hope he could tell the difference, for what ever reason. If he sleeps better, and feels better about his system because he bought a pair of cables, then that was money well spent.

If you feel, that the information presented in this forum is incorrect, or contrary to your personal experiances, then go and buy the cables...

As far as what else we havent covered... Well that is MONKEYS! Lots of MONKEYS...

The EVIL MONKEYS are the worst. They come into my bedroom late at night and steal one sock of every matching pair... DAMN THEM RIGHT TO HELL!

Mike

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

stratman said:
You don't know what lard is????? pig fat!.....Dip Rosie in it the squeeeeeze her into the black box (who knows what magical listening experience will happen)

Oh. Looked like some cyberspace abbreviation, like ROTFLMAO:D

Of course I know about lard especially when not capitalized:)

G

GreenJelly

Banned
LARD = Laughing and Retartds Dieing
LARD = Low Anal Retention Deficit
LARD = Lovable Armadilos Rarely Dance
LARD = Liers (or and other L noun) Are Really Dumb
LARD = Leaking ******** R' Disgusting

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

GreenJelly said:
LARD = Laughing and Retartds Dieing
LARD = Low Anal Retention Deficit
LARD = Lovable Armadilos Rarely Dance
LARD = Liers (or and other L noun) Are Really Dumb
LARD = Leaking ******** R' Disgusting

Precisely :D
That is why I was scratching head.:rolleyes:

P

philh

Full Audioholic
GreenJelly said:
Speaker signals are DC not AC signals...
So instead of wearing out the speaker cable, all the electrons fly out the end of the cable?

G

GreenJelly

Banned
the current doesnt switch, on and off...

Thats it... AC creates vibration... but DC doesnt (they both create excitement in the atoms), but AC can excite the eliments to the point of vibrating and making noise. DC produces electron excitement that is way, way, way beyond what most people not only can hear, but that can measure with most scientific equipment.

Vibration creates heat, and ofcourse had been claimed to cause issues. However we are talking about a METAL... and not a soft one at that. Its not going to break apart, or deteriate.

Mike

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

GreenJelly said:
the current doesnt switch, on and off...
GreenJelly said:
I am at a loss what you are trying to say here.

Thats it... AC creates vibration... but DC doesnt (they both create excitement in the atoms), but AC can excite the eliments to the point of vibrating and making noise.

Please document this and explain it further. Don't hold back; Jneutron will understand all of it.

DC produces electron excitement that is way, way, way beyond what most people not only can hear, but that can measure with most scientific equipment.

Oh, really? What kind of equipment? Does Radio Shack carries this equipment? The national labs?

Vibration creates heat,

With electron motion?

However we are talking about a METAL... and not a soft one at that. Its not going to break apart, or deteriate.

Mike

Copper is not soft? Which ones will deteriorate and fall apart?

Hipnotic4

Hipnotic4

Full Audioholic
I really don't see all this as a problem. Its really just a market.

Their will always be a market for A)those who just don't know better. B)Those who WANT to spend a lot. Believe it or not their are tons of people out their who WANT to spend a lot on these things. They make them selves believe that they if they cost so much THEY HAVE TO BE GOOD! And it also makes them selves feel good knowing that "hey my cables cost more than your car."

Its simple marketing. And in audio its very easy to trick the consumer. You give a review company a free set of 15grand cables obviously they are going to write a great review on it. Even if they sell it back for 5grand they made a great profit. I can bet half the guys that get those cables and write reviews do not even hook up the cables. I would not be surprised if they had pre-written article reviews and they just replace the names with the products.

Is it right? Not from a moral stand point. But business wise? I think its great. If people want to be that ignorant to spend that kind of money on cables with out research, great go ahead spend money. Their are tons of articles that let the public know the truth about things like this. Its not something new. But I know from experience that their is no need for half the audio products out their.

To each his own.

hyghwayman

hyghwayman

Audioholic
WoW never did I imagine...

That my posting would receive so many responses:eek:
Keep it going :D

Hyghwayman

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com