Speaker Wire Myths and Truths

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
GreenJelly said:

And your point is?

I've already shown you how your use of the terminology is incorrect and how justifying your use of the term is illogical.

I just Googled god: 422,000,000 results!

Does this large number kicked back by Google prove anything?

No, I didn't think so.

You can continue to spew rubbish but what’s the point?

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Let's stop messing around and get to the important stuff. I just got 2,100,000 hits on aphrodisiacs.

Nick

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
GreenJelly said:
Ofcourse we could also call it RCA Composite Cable, RCA Video Cable, RCA Stereo Cables, etc...
Perhaps that might be more accurate.

Depending on the equipment that you use you may have a component cable with RCA connectors or BNC connectors but the same piece of cable between terminations.

Thus it becomes more important to describe the cable in more accurate and precise terms.

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Nick250 said:
Let's stop messing around and get to the important stuff. I just got 2,100,000 hits on aphrodisiacs.

Nick
Another great example...thank you.

G

GreenJelly

Banned
I feel sorry for you Nibhaz, for one of the many names used for these cables are "RCA Cables".

In fact, all of the stores I buy these cables from also call them "RCA Cables", including all of the stores mentioned in a previous thread were I asked what was the best place is to find cables. They do not use ANY other word terminology to describe these cables, other then "RCA Cables".

Think what you want, but you have not provided any resources, links, or backup evidence that support your claims. In addition, language develops through common usage and understanding. I have proven without a doubt that the common usage and understanding of the term "RCA Cables" has occurred. Therefor it is proper to use.

What would you prefer me to call them?

G

GreenJelly

Banned
I personally have come to realize through another post that I am engaged in a stupid argument. This is foolish on my part, and I personally will change my behavior. It simply isn’t worth arguing with people.

I hope to have peaceful debate and not hostile behavior. This topic has clearly changed for me from debate into a hostile argument.

I am sorry Nibhaz if I have insulted you at any time during this thread. I do not back down from my position, however I ask for a truce. We simply have to agree to disagree. I will not partake anymore on this specific topic.

Mike

nibhaz said:
If now I take a piece of RG6 and terminate each end with RCA connectors does it change the fact that I have RG6 between the two connectors?
Still a type of RCA cable for those of us who don't analyze the dialectric in our spoons before eating our cereal. Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Go start your own thread on "terminology gripes".

GreenJelly said:
I hope to have peaceful debate and not hostile behavior.
One more outburst like this and you're banned! lol.

G

GreenJelly

Banned
There is a fine line between debate an arguement. I can only tell when a debate becomes an arguement for me, so I must step out of the situation... I have no bad feelings towards Nibhaz, and I hope he has none for me.

Thanks
Mike

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis