Speaker cable thought

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
you obviously didn't watch the video for Gene states ...... "it's the best measuring speaker cable to date"
Is that the same video where he also acknowledges that he knows there are no audible improvements with using them and he thinks they look nice?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
it's the video the Op posted at the beginning of this thread

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
it's the video the Op posted at the beginning of this thread
In no way does that answer my question! I've seen many of gene's videos on cables and have not noted anywhere at any time where he said that he believes there are audible gains or improvements using Audioquest cables. In fact from what I recall he goes out of his way to point out that he prefers them for aesthetic reasons. Am I wrong?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
your question(to which you asked me) should be directed to Gene !

Bottom line is this, he has his reason, as do any of us. We all talk about science, measurements , etc to which I agree !

and BTW we're talking Kimber here not Audioquest !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
your question(to which you asked me) should be directed to Gene !

Bottom line is this, he has reason, as do any of us. We all talk about science, measurements , etc to which I agree !

and BTW we're talking Kimber here not Audioquest !
Kimber, fraudioquest, whatever. It's irrelevant to my point, but a good way to dodge acknowledging that I don't have to ask gene, because he's stated plainly and clearly several times across multiple videos that he does not believe there are any audible differences. That's my point. The Kimbers measure well, as they should, and look nice.
you obviously didn't watch the video for Gene states ...... "it's the best measuring speaker cable to date"
So what is your point here? Are you suggesting something else?

A

aceinc

Audioholic
Since I have been shut down regarding determining whether there is any difference between Romex, coat hanger wire or Quasimoto Mk IV cables, I guess I will move on to something I think perhaps I may be able to get help on.

Acoustics

Which forum would I find best to post questions on acoustics?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
D
Is that the same video where he also acknowledges that he knows there are no audible improvements with using them and he thinks they look nice?
Didn't he also purchase them at lower than current prices? Spendy but like Bluejeancables spendy at the time IIRC.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Since I have been shut down regarding determining whether there is any difference between Romex, coat hanger wire or Quasimoto Mk IV cables, I guess I will move on to something I think perhaps I may be able to get help on.

Acoustics

Which forum would I find best to post questions on acoustics?
Actually there have been blind tests where folk couldn't distinguish the hanger wire. The editor of avsforum did an experiment with aluminum foil wires too. Electricity isn't all that particular about the conductor as silly audiophile magazines and vendors have made it out to be....

We do have this subforum https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/audio/room-acoustics-system-layout-setup.10/

Might try here too https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?forums/room-acoustics-and-general-speaker-discussions.9/

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Since I have been shut down regarding determining whether there is any difference between Romex, coat hanger wire or Quasimoto Mk IV cables
I would not recommend using coat hangers.

Now you have been shut down. :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Actually there have been blind tests where folk couldn't distinguish the hanger wire. The editor of avsforum did an experiment with aluminum foil wires too. Electricity isn't all that particular about the conductor as silly audiophile magazines and vendors have made it out to be....

We do have this subforum https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/audio/room-acoustics-system-layout-setup.10/

Might try here too https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?forums/room-acoustics-and-general-speaker-discussions.9/
To piggy back on HD, Audioholics recently had a series of videos on room acoustics with Anthony Grimani, an acoustician, and they get pretty deep in the weeds on the subject. It's above my pay grade, but there's a lot of info in these videos.

There's a lot to it, and you really do need to do some homework and have proper data before putting up any room treatments. From what I've read a common theme seems to be with folks slapping up treatments all over the place, over-do it and completely deaden the room, which you don't want.

Last edited:
A

aceinc

Audioholic
To piggy back on HD, Audioholics recently had a series of videos on room acoustics with Anthony Grimani, an acoustician, and they get pretty deep in the weeds on the subject. It's above my pay grade, but there's a lot of info in these videos.

There's a lot to it, and you really do need to do some homework and have proper data before putting up any room treatments. From what I've read a common theme seems to be with folks slapping up treatments all over the place, over-do it and completely deaden the room, which you don't want.
I watched one of them last night (the first one I think).

A

aceinc

Audioholic
I would not recommend using coat hangers.

Now you have been shut down. :p
I think you can weld coat hanger wire. I hear it provides a better transparency and the midrange has more hints of oak casks than solder.

I stopped using coat hanger wire and switched to #6 rebar.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think you can weld coat hanger wire. I hear it provides a better transparency and the midrange has more hints of oak casks than solder.

I stopped using coat hanger wire and switched to #6 rebar.
I get the best results when I wrap them in hymens of angles angels [doh!] and sprinkle a little pixie dust at then ends for that little extra sparkle.

Last edited:
Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
4 conductor SouthWire Romex® will make an excellent speaker cable. To bad it's stiff and ugly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis