Speaker cable thought

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
You are aware of course that all biblical (Christian) angels are male, right? Michael, Gabriel, etc. They all have male names and when described they always have a male appearance. So Angel Hymens, must be very rare...
Only in "Human" Shape in Appearance, they/them have No Genitals of Either. Who has seen one? other than reading about Angels. Do they really Exist? (Christian) belief is that there are (Baby Angels). How many are there? Just as many more than the One and his/her bunch that got kicked out? There are Billions of people alive today and billons more that are dead. One would have to think that since time is Infinite that there is a Possibility that there may be a Unlimited number of Angels. Even if they do exist at all.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Nope, no godly reference from my side. By now you probably guess what I meant :)
I did, but checked for a reference to angles vs angels and found the link to Greek mythology.

Just pulling your leg. :)

highfigh

highfigh

What a crook! And sadly people apparently falls for it and gives our hobby a bad reputation.

My recent new cables are interconnects to my Genelec monitors and subwoofer, like the following, and they work great and appears to be of good quality.

Which Genelec monitors? You didn't mention those- you're holding out on us!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Which Genelec monitors? You didn't mention those- you're holding out on us!
I bought two pairs of Genelec 8330A monitors: One pair for me and one for wife after she commented several times how nice mine where sounding. I bought the smallest Genelec SAM subwoofer the 7350A but that is to be replaced with the larger 7360A. On top of that I bought the Genelec GLM kit used for calibration of the monitors and the subwoofer. A very nice thing about the GLM calibration is that it can be stored in the monitors and subwoofer, so no need for software running on a PC or an extra connected box.

In total, fairly expensive, and for the output the Genelec subwoofers is not that a good deal but they integrate very nicely with the monitors using the GLM kit.

highfigh

highfigh

I bought two pairs of Genelec 8330A monitors: One pair for me and one for wife after she commented several times how nice mine where sounding. I bought the smallest Genelec SAM subwoofer the 7350A but that is to be replaced with the larger 7360A. On top of that I bought the Genelec GLM kit used for calibration of the monitors and the subwoofer. A very nice thing about the GLM calibration is that it can be stored in the monitors and subwoofer, so no need for software running on a PC or an extra connected box.

In total, fairly expensive, and for the output the Genelec subwoofers is not that a good deal but they integrate very nicely with the monitors using the GLM kit.

Their speakers aren't well-known in consumer audio, but they have a large following in the pro/studio world (for good reason)- the first time I heard anything through them was in a recording studio. I had been at the studio where the engineer had worked previously and they had B&W (possibly 802), which I didn't like- that room had some phase problems that really bothered my ears. I don't know how they ever made anything sound good. The one with the Genelec- didn't need to think about the speakers, just the sound coming from them. I had also been in older studios with big JBL monitors- they sounded good for that time, but the improvements in studio monitors have been tremendous. 'Effortless' comes to mind when referring to listening with those- some speakers just require too much thinking, to enjoy them. Hearing something through supposedly good speakers and wondering "What's wrong with this?" is far too common.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Their speakers aren't well-known in consumer audio, but they have a large following in the pro/studio world (for good reason)- the first time I heard anything through them was in a recording studio. I had been at the studio where the engineer had worked previously and they had B&W (possibly 802), which I didn't like- that room had some phase problems that really bothered my ears. I don't know how they ever made anything sound good. The one with the Genelec- didn't need to think about the speakers, just the sound coming from them. I had also been in older studios with big JBL monitors- they sounded good for that time, but the improvements in studio monitors have been tremendous. 'Effortless' comes to mind when referring to listening with those- some speakers just require too much thinking, to enjoy them. Hearing something through supposedly good speakers and wondering "What's wrong with this?" is far too common.
Probably as you say they are not a well-known consumer audio company, and the places I've seen them is music stores and not elsewhere. Even their smallest and cheapest ones are probably more than an ordinary consumer will pay for a set of active monitors used as PC speakers.

Their speakers are still made in Finland, which I think is great.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've always read great things about Genelec speakers. Never had and opportunity to listen to any tho.

highfigh

highfigh

Probably as you say they are not a well-known consumer audio company, and the places I've seen them is music stores and not elsewhere. Even their smallest and cheapest ones are probably more than an ordinary consumer will pay for a set of active monitors used as PC speakers.

Their speakers are still made in Finland, which I think is great.
I think some people might not buy them, even if they knew- WE may think they look great, but when the speakers need to blend with the other furniture, oh well.

I hope they're able to remain competitive and avoid being bought by a foreign company. I hate that, although it can mean continued operation and success for the company that was purchased. As much as I think Jamo concentrated too much on custom installation products, the goal for manufacturers IS to gain market share and sell more but it would have been nice if they could have been known more for their stereo speakers. The problem with that is in the fact that surround and home theater had become so big it would be very difficult to avoid vs perishing because they wanted to "do what we do best". That said, a lot has changed since they sold to Klipsch, which has since been sold to Audiovox. Another reason I don't like the sale of Jamo is that I can't call the office and chat- I really liked those people.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've always read great things about Genelec speakers. Never had and opportunity to listen to any tho.
I've read the same and they support their monitors with spare parts for a long time. By registering I get an extra three years of guarantee, but by reading on gearslutz and other forums I see that many posters has had their Genelec in daily use for many years, so I could expect a long life out of them.

The specs Genelec are giving are useful and is confirmed with third party testing as well, so the company is honest, which matters to me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis