Sometimes Craigslist blows my mind

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And this guy is reaching, wanting $1200 for these KEF Q750s. They look really nice, but retail for not much more brand new.

And these things... the "holy grail" of 1960s vintage speakers for $3000?? I'm unconvinced... Behold. The JBL C50 Olympus-S7

View attachment 44801

Some of the older JBL can indeed fetch some serious bucks. Kinda nice looking furniture in any case :) http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?26876-1962-JBL-C50-S8-Olympus

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Junk fest galore ???!!!
7181F089-B569-465B-8C73-AC0F8F4E56F1.jpg

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Maybe I’ll start my own... cable risers, $1,295 set of four.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe I’ll start my own... cable risers, $1,295 set of four.

some of those old insulators bring crazy money. While I utilize cable risers for my speaker cables, not for sonic concerns, rather ease of cleaning/dusting, I suspect someone clever enough could retro fit some of these old insulators and have a market for them. Not to sure about the $1295 for 4 though ..... :eek:

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
some of those old insulators bring crazy money. While I utilize cable risers for my speaker cables, not for sonic concerns, rather ease of cleaning/dusting, I suspect someone clever enough could retro fit some of these old insulators and have a market for them. Not to sure about the $1295 for 4 though ..... :eek:
I have starving children in private school and upper management just resigned, I need all the money I can get!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I can't believe these old Bose 901s can fetch these prices. $900 for series 3.

01414_b9DSGwzG5L4z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

They just look like junk with the grilles off. Nothing resembling a tweeter. Unless those Flash Gordon rocket booster looking things sticking out qualify as tweets... I can't imagine they sound very good. Seriously.

00101_6GWW66ux2FPz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
01717_2jccI7T7Ch6z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Has the equalizer and associated other crap that goes with it, so I guess that's a bonus for what they are. Still tho, 900?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

View attachment 45182

They just look like junk with the grilles off. Nothing resembling a tweeter. Unless those Flash Gordon rocket booster looking things sticking out qualify as tweets... I can't imagine they sound very good. Seriously.

View attachment 45184View attachment 45183

Has the equalizer and associated other crap that goes with it, so I guess that's a bonus for what they are. Still tho, 900?
LOL they have a following. All full range drivers IIRC. Really cheap ones.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
LOL they have a following. All full range drivers IIRC. Really cheap ones.
They look cheap af, lol. I have to admit tho, I'd like to hear them set up properly just to experience the intent of the design. I know they're weird about placement.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, this one is pretty nuts. A set of Infinity reference speakers and all tube electronics for $15k!!

00G0G_d7T1tZErzuVz_0CI0pO_1200x900.jpg
00H0H_gLLlqNiF5M5z_0CI0pO_1200x900.jpg

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

View attachment 45182

View attachment 45184View attachment 45183

While I never owned them back in the day I did listen to them properly set up and they sounded decent, but remember the jingle ........ 'no highs , no lows, gotta be Bose' !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Okay, this one is pretty nuts. A set of Infinity reference speakers and all tube electronics for $15k!!

View attachment 45189View attachment 45188

remove a '0' and it would be worth it perhaps ......

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While I never owned them back in the day I did listen to them properly set up and they sounded decent, but remember the jingle ........ 'no highs , no lows, gotta be Bose' !
Might be better than the later Acoustimass stuff, tho. I got the chance to listen to those a coupla times (properly setup, too)....they made for pretty good party speakers back then....

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Might be better than the later Acoustimass stuff, tho. I got the chance to listen to those a coupla times (properly setup, too)....they made for pretty good party speakers back then....
exactly, when set up their 'holographic midrange' was respectable. But then I was being influenced by some cannabis and more concerned about getting laid ......

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Then there’s this guy, maybe he accidentally added a zero

Hmm... that is for 4 towers and a center channel. Maybe a tad overpriced for older DefTechs but again, it's 4 towers and not just 2. I mean, if DefTech is your thing it'd be a maybe? Gouge him for 500 and offer 1000.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Hmm... that is for 4 towers and a center channel. Maybe a tad overpriced for older DefTechs but again, it's 4 towers and not just 2. I mean, if DefTech is your thing it'd be a maybe? Gouge him for 500 and offer 1000.
I’ll pass... I’m always cruising all the websites looking for another pair of S40’s, maybe someday have a 5 channel setup but only at about $1k per speaker. Just missed out on another pair recently.

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic

View attachment 45189View attachment 45188

Yeah. No screens for the front and most likely for the rear either. And the mid-range drivers have been replaced. Not sure about pricing on the electronics.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
They look cheap af, lol. I have to admit tho, I'd like to hear them set up properly just to experience the intent of the design. I know they're weird about placement.
I would also like to hear some of those Bose speakers but certainly don’t want to buy them

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis