Sometimes Craigslist blows my mind

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
This guy has that deal beat.

Whole stack of Macs for a dollar! So, why do they do that anyway, put a dollar or even $0 in the ads?
No trickery intended with those ads so long as they are for multiple items and the items are itemized in the ad. It’s easier than making 20 ads.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have come close on more than one occasion to contacting a white van speaker seller just to blast them, but like you said, can't save the world, lol.
I worked for a big box appliance/furniture/electronics chain and one day, I drove a customer's car to the front parking lot where I was greeted by two guys in a white van and they gave me the typical spiel. I was wearing a shirt with the company logo!

I told them to leave, or I would call the Police.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This guy has that deal beat.

Whole stack of Macs for a dollar! So, why do they do that anyway, put a dollar or even $0 in the ads?
That gets peoples' attention.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I sell Triad speakers. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Before the pandemic, Triad would sometimes do factory tours. In the meantime, check this out:
Thank you so much! I’m going to message you shortly.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I love that Pio 100 disc changer shown in the stack for sell!

Been running mine for 15 years now. What I love is that you load it via 25 disc flip out trays. Flip it down, roll the CDs in, flip it shut. And, you can play discs from the other trays while you are loading it.

The only thing I never liked about it, is it only has analog outs, no option to use it as a transport. Minor complaint for a large storage CD changer. And, I sold my Sony 200 disc carousel style changer, but kept this one.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
6000K x 2 =12000K! for two mac used amps! comon man!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This guy has these nice Kef Blades pictured in his ad for $0! He must need the space if he's giving them away. I should see if he still has them...

00B0B_2dBU2wTIlOHz_09G0cU_600x450.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah there's a couple Audioquest cable listings in our local Craigslist, one has been around for over a year for some Rocket 88s....don't know if he deals in Audioquest or is really having trouble getting what he wants for them (he's got one of those $0 listings). Another is trying for $140 for a different set and that ad's been going a while now. I'm not curious enough to find out let alone tell them what a junk product it is....

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yeah there's a couple Audioquest cable listings in our local Craigslist, one has been around for over a year for some Rocket 88s....don't know if he deals in Audioquest or is really having trouble getting what he wants for them (he's got one of those $0 listings). Another is trying for $140 for a different set and that ad's been going a while now. I'm not curious enough to find out let alone tell them what a junk product it is....

These have been listed and re-listed for over 2 years. I don't know why the guy doesn't just trash them. It's funny because some listings I see on there so often that I know them just by thumbnail.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

These have been listed and re-listed for over 2 years. I don't know why the guy doesn't just trash them. It's funny because some listings I see on there so often that I know them just by thumbnail.
Yeah I could easily see the frustration of someone who paid top dollar for something at some point (especially for crap like Audioquest) and thinks they can extract that on the used market....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been lost down a Kef Blade rabbit hole for the last half hour, which led me to the Muon... I tapped out after 1 video for the latter.

The bass drivers in the Blade look really beefy and the way they're incorporated is interesting.

force-cancelling.jpg

The whole damned speaker is pretty interesting. I have the space to set up a pair of those in my living room. That 32k price tag tho... phew.

So, let's talk diminishing returns. I have to admit if I had the money I'd consider dropping 32k on a pair of those. Of course some rigorous auditioning would be involved. You guys think some of Salk's better offerings will give you more or less equal performance for less than half the price?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've been lost down a Kef Blade rabbit hole for the last half hour, which led me to the Muon... I tapped out after 1 video for the latter.

The bass drivers in the Blade look really beefy and the way they're incorporated is interesting.

View attachment 44656

The whole damned speaker is pretty interesting. I have the space to set up a pair of those in my living room. That 32k price tag tho... phew.

So, let's talk diminishing returns. I have to admit if I had the money I'd consider dropping 32k on a pair of those. Of course some rigorous auditioning would be involved. You guys think some of Salk's better offerings will give you more or less equal performance for less than half the price?
I'd like to hear a pair but 32k they'd practically have to give me a blow job everytime I listened. I'd rather buy some new JBL M2.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Those are right up Noob's alley. If he lived in the area they wouldn't have lasted long. He prolly woulda got 'em for $15 and fixed 'em with some Elmer's glue and toilet paper.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I'd like to hear a pair but 32k they'd practically have to give me a blow job everytime I listened. I'd rather buy some new JBL M2.
Just to add my two cents if either of you happen to come across any sort of speakers (even horribly sounding ones) that give you a blowie every time you listen to them please send the ad this way. I’ve been looking for a speaker setup like that for decades.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just to add my two cents if either of you happen to come across any sort of speakers (even horribly sounding ones) that give you a blowie every time you listen to them please send the ad this way. I’ve been looking for a speaker setup like that for decades.
You'll be near the top of the list :)

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Those are right up Noob's alley. If he lived in the area they wouldn't have lasted long. He prolly woulda got 'em for $15 and fixed 'em with some Elmer's glue and toilet paper.
Condition is Good but don't pay attention to the woofer that is busted in

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Condition is Good but don't pay attention to the woofer that is busted in
That's what the elmer's glue and tp is for!

Noob said he got that advice on another forum then ended up getting banned. You know, that might be a fun read... I wonder if @Kingnoob still has a link to the thread..?

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
That's what the elmer's glue and tp is for!

Noob said he got that advice on another forum then ended up getting banned. You know, that might be a fun read... I wonder if @Kingnoob still has a link to the thread..?
Yes I saw that. That was funny. Add that to list of things that make you head for the door is when the seller recommends Elmers glue :)

Also, "I'm sure it's easy to fix, I just don't have the time" ... Translation ... It's broken

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yes I saw that. That was funny. Add that to list of things that make you head for the door is when the seller recommends Elmers glue :)

Also, "I'm sure it's easy to fix, I just don't have the time" ... Translation ... It's broken
Might be another thread before this but I cannot find it .. lmao elmers glue and coffee ☕ filters . Coulda just said it’s trash don’t fix it .... that site is a joke
F364C017-9DCC-45BB-9C51-9A1C8F623295.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis