2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I prefer a ribeye over the filet myself. A little more flavor.

Did I ever tell you I was a butcher for 30 years?
No. but I want to say I knew you were transitioning from another gig when I started coming on the board.

Very cool.

My main dish when we have people over...surf and turf...with my butcher cut ribeyes. I can get restaurant results with the Primo...500 deg sears

Due the marbling I can't disagree.. there is more flavor.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I always like the ribeye, but wifey isn't a fan of fat on her meat...which can be irritating.

However, I've got a good way of cooking filet that works quite well.

That reminds me, I need to cook a steak.
My wife will work around it, but the beauty of buying the butcher cut...I get to hand select the ones I want...I like marbling, but hate to have it conquer an entire side of the cut...nearly every packaged ribeye I come across seems to have one with a huge vein of fat running through it...ruined.

Sunday was stormy-wicked weather for Easter so I did my somewhat traditional surf and turf on Saturday instead. Got a few pics of the surf part of it.

The surf was some fairly large lobster tails...butterflied...a quick sear on direct cast iron...them finished on the indirect side for about 6 mins...basting with this cilantro and garlic infused butter.

lobster.jpg
lobster2.jpg
lobster3.jpg

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I suppose I should add a photo of the results. Smoked for three hours, then wrapped it in foil. Two more hours to reach 200 degrees. It was just a 1/2 brisket, which explains why it finished so quickly.
20210522_162822_resized_1.jpg

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I need to get mine out of the freezer and make half pastrami and half "plain" smoked brisket.

Didn't we have a general food thread at one time? I'm going to have to look for it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A new BBQ place opened up down the street called Mesquite and Oak. They have an excellent brisket sandwich. Seeing this thread made me want to go get one for lunch :)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I want BBQ so bad, alas, I live in Southern California, I only buy BBQ in Texas.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I want BBQ so bad, alas, I live in Southern California, I only buy BBQ in Texas.
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

However, if you haven't heard of it, this place might be a bit closer to you. I'm sure there are plenty of BBQ places in CA, but this one would be where I would go.

Bludso's BBQ

I'm smoking a brisket this weekend if that makes you feel better. I'll take pictures.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis