Salk Ascend better the Big ones

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
The only speakers I would EVER be interested in now are big curvy cabinet speakers that don't look like a rectangular boxes. I mean in addition to my SVT towers. :D

No squarish speakers for me. Only big, curvy, shiny speakers.

My Point is proven in my last post, Gotta be rich in think like that in the first place!! lol but to Be a billionaire? You ain’t no Gates! Bragging rights? comes with the Territory I guess. Hey Andrew, have you seen that movie “Crazy Rich Asians” lol :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My Point is proven in my last post, Gotta be rich in think like that in the first place!! lol but to Be a billionaire? You ain’t no Gates! Bragging rights? comes with the Territory I guess. Hey Andrew, have you seen that movie “Crazy Rich Asians” lol :)
Yeah, I hated that movie. :D

Don't we all wish we had Bill Gate's money? :D

As for being rich in the first place, I think many people could afford $10K systems. Even $20K systems. They don't have to buy everything all at once. Maybe someone could start a thread about $10K and $20K systems. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I hated that movie. :D

Don't we all wish we had Bill Gate's money? :D

As for being rich in the first place, I think many people could afford $10K systems. Even $20K systems. They don't have to buy everything all at once. Maybe someone could start a thread about $10K and $20K systems. :D
You guys should just get a room...

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
You guys should just get a room...
care to join us? ADTG and I are about to head over to PCH, drop some duds and headout just about the time the fire starts on that Dumpster forum. :p;)

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
They were powered with ATI AT3005 amps.
mighty powerful amp for sure, being 5 channel, you had more than one ?

They sound great. But not necessarily the best overall. The treble and midrange were great. But the bass was still lacking for me. With all these speakers, I needed dual Subwoofers.
when I auditioned the Salons I too(at first) thought the bass was not what it should be given their price point. They were driven by a big Levinson amp(forgot the model, 532 perhaps), weeks later I listened to another pair at friends house driven by a Pass X350 and I remember thinking, wow, better bass. Could very well have been the room and it's respective boundaries.

Regardless, for me the sweet spot was the Studio2's along with my Velodyne DD-15 that I continue to enjoy 3 plus years later ..........

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
mighty powerful amp for sure, being 5 channel, you had more than one ?

when I auditioned the Salons I too(at first) thought the bass was not what it should be given their price point. They were driven by a big Levinson amp(forgot the model, 532 perhaps), weeks later I listened to another pair at friends house driven by a Pass X350 and I remember thinking, wow, better bass. Could very well have been the room and it's respective boundaries.

Regardless, for me the sweet spot was the Studio2's along with my Velodyne DD-15 that I continue to enjoy 3 plus years later ..........
I had an ATI AT3002, AT3005, AT2005, and AT2002. Oh, and also the AT6012 for the Linkwitz Orion 3.2.1.

I think the problem with ALL passive bass is that you can't control the amount of bass you get. You could EQ it, but I rather not mess around with EQ.

With my speakers, I get a "single" tower, but I also get Active bass so I can easily adjust the bass levels without messing around with EQ.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with adding subwoofers. The more the merrier. But it just comes down to preference.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
care to join us? ADTG and I are about to head over to PCH, drop some duds and headout just about the time the fire starts on that Dumpster forum. :p;)
I figured I ask Pogre, since this is the 2nd time he’s posted up we get a room. lol maybe he’s being rhetorical with his post. Sometimes it’s really hard to tell ya know this being the internet and a open forum and all. You know what they say, Twos company, 3 can Turn into a Orgy. :p;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
One thing about this audio hobby, replacing a Perfectly good pair of speakers or speakers isn’t nothing new. I’d say 99% just on AH, members have do the replacement of Top-tier speakers from a good Manufacturer or “home-made” brand makers. Case in point, Gene just got done Swapping out 50k speakers. Why? cause he wanted to and it’s his money. Not cause, oh Gene thinks he will hear that Chocolate smooth velvet mid range or they just look better in his audio room. Like everyone who upgrades or downgrades the Excuses are Limitless when it comes to audio or video for matter. Take 4K UHD TV’s, Guy has a 65” nothing wrong with it he has a Top-tier from Sony or LG whatever than he upgrades to a 85” or Decides he wants to go really big jumps head first into A projection screen type of format the size of that upgrade can go as. big as a drive-in home type screen. Audio Video very very Subjective especially when it comes to the your Wallet. Like ADTG said buy everything if coin is no issues and lots of high-end rollers do just that.
Yeah, Gene is going from a PASSIVE ANALOG system to an ACTIVE DIGITAL system with EXTERNAL class-D amps.

Active system is great as long the amps are external and big and powerful.

None of those little bitty built-in plate amps inside the speaker/sub cabinets. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I figured I ask Pogre, since this is the 2nd time he’s posted up we get a room. lol maybe he’s being rhetorical with his post. Sometimes it’s really hard to tell ya know this being the internet and a open forum and all. You know what they say, Twos company, 3 can Turn into a Orgy. :p;)
As long as the 3 includes 2 women plus me. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, Gene is going from a PASSIVE ANALOG system to an ACTIVE DIGITAL system with EXTERNAL class-D amps.

Active system is great as long the amps are external and big and powerful.

None of those little bitty built-in plate amps inside the speaker/sub cabinets. :D
So your telling me he dumping all of his Amps? for Class D? Why? When he already had a Reference system set up. Gotta be rich to think like that really is true. Yeah I can dig that, them Aashiqui dudes over in Saudi Arabia that are billionaires got what, a wife for each day of the year than when a new year rolls around, They sell off their old wifes as B Stock. So their Cousins can have them a dealer prices. Yeah I can see that.:D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
As long as the 3 includes 2 women plus me. :D
Yeah I don’t share Either!! lol Kisses bro Smooch smooch.:p:D lolo ain’t saying i’m Gay or anything that Applies to the Nature of the Homosexual community. But if the shoe fits I’m sure Boy George wouldn’t mind 3 or more. Now I can handle two Bi-Sexual woman as long as there’s no hand Cuffs and a strap on involved. lmao! See what You and Porge done started. This went from joking around to, a Preference of Choices very very Subjective subject indeed.:D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So your telling me he dumping all of his Amps? for Class D? Why? When he already had a Reference system set up. Gotta be rich to think like that really is true.
You know Gene only owns SOTA components. So these Class-D amps must be SOTA.

Gene will do a review on the RBH SVTRS towers and class-D amps. And probably whichever Pre-pro he gets next - probably something that has Dirac room EQ.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Hey man, I’m small Change Lee Roy. Gmoney is a thing, chould stand for “gangsta” money, or “Got”some, in my case not much money, or “Go” get your own Money. But in my case if you guys really want to know why I choose “G” money, is because of my Settlement from my knee injury from working in the Gulf of Mexico. Get it now? “ Gulf”. “G”. Money!! I do have A substantial amount in a annuity investment. Sooo... GMoney!!
Andrew, you have My permission the use my name on here Mike. But if you like Gmoney than by means post up. But never do I have or had billionaire status mind like of Amplitude mind!!
You gotta be rich to think like that in the first place. :)
@Gmoney Comon ca va ? If you don’t mind what did you do offshore ? I was a production operator and loved it while I was able to .

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
@Gmoney Comon ca va ? If you don’t mind what did you do offshore ? I was a production operator and loved it while I was able to .
Well where do I start? longtime ago, but my last 7 or more or less cause I slept since then. my time with the last two E&I companies I was “Labeled” cause the pay didn’t come with that little tag. Senior instrumentation technician, Relief supervisor, aka do the time tickets till he Decided to get off his a&& and come back run the job. Lead Instrumentation fitter, another tag, where the line Instrumentation supervisor gets to go in, and I get stuck with watching over the other fitters and helpers plus still gotta do my Control panel breakout. You know you been there done that. You where Oilfield in the Gulf, None of them co*k smokers are Truly friends.
There was this time them co*k smokers put a Actual mailbox next to a master control panel I was breaking out took me like umm 2 1/2 weeks cause I like to do my order change as close to the Bulkheader on the control panel. Well having to stop all the time to go check on them Millennial slackers and all took me longer Usually I its done way before my 14 days is up. Yeah when my 14 was up, standing on the Stairway wait for the crew to come down from the Helicopter. Just so Happens! the project manager flewout Quinn his is had a Actual plastic mailbox in his hand and his Briefcase in the other. I didn’t give much thought when we passed by each other but he had to Cheesy littke freaking smile on his face. Well when I flew back out fir my bext 14 days there was his mailbox sitting next to my rack of a 75 plus line breakout all I had to finish up was clip up the ends after I did the Union bank after my order change. Lolo Oh there was a note in the mailbox from Quinn to go see the PIC that he had the key to the mailbox so went get the key went back to the mailbox in it was my Safety award check and from my Project manager saying keep up the good work. Know what I did with that mailbox? You guess it over the handrails it went. But before I threw it I put some old SS 316 fittings in it to make sure ut stayed at the bottom of the Gulf. Needless to say my project manager didn’t like that.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
@CajunLB, what is “ca va” I have done some PO hated it!! 7 and 7. Hated it! I pulled my 7 days out of those 7 days got woke up every night two to three times the Alarm. Junkie Nexen production platforms. VM block.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Well where do I start? longtime ago, but my last 7 or more or less cause I slept since then. my time with the last two E&I companies I was “Labeled” cause the pay didn’t come with that little tag. Senior instrumentation technician, Relief supervisor, aka do the time tickets till he Decided to get off his a&& and come back run the job. Lead Instrumentation fitter, that another tag, where the Instrumentation supervisor gets to go in, and I got stuck with watching over the other fitters and helpers plus still gotta do my Control panel breakouts. You know you been there done that. You where Oilfield in the Gulf, None of them co*k smokers are Truly friends.
There was this time them co*k smokers put a Actual mailbox next to a master control panel I was breaking out took me like umm 2 1/2 weeks cause I like to do my order change as close to the Bulkheader on the control panel. Well having to stop all the time to go check on them Millennial slackers and all took me longer Usually I its done way before my 14 days off is up. Yeah when my 14 was up, standing on the Stairway wait for the crew to come down from the Helicopter. Just so Happens! the project manager flewout Quinn his is had a Actual plastic mailbox in his hand and his Briefcase in the other. I didn’t give much thought when we passed by each other but he had to Cheesy littke freaking smile on his face. Well when I flew back out fir my bext 14 days there was his mailbox sitting next to my rack of a 75 plus line breakout all I had to finish up was clip up the ends after I did the Union bank after my order change. Lolo Oh there was a note in the mailbox from Quinn to go see the PIC that he had the key to the mailbox so went get the key went back to the mailbox in it was my Safety award check and from my Project manager saying keep up the good work. Know what I did with that mailbox? You guess it over the handrails it went. But before I threw it I put some old SS 316 fittings in it to make sure ut stayed at the bottom of the Gulf. Needless to say my project manager didn’t like that.
I mostly worked at a large seperation facility on land in Henry La. it’s about 10 miles south of Erath. But during the summer I would go offshore and work vacation relief on my days off. I just enjoyed what I did and wOuld get bored on my week off so I would always volunteer to work vacation relief. Plus the money didn’t hurt either.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
@CajunLB, what is “ca va” I have done some PO hated it!! 7 and 7. Hated it! I pulled my 7 days out of those 7 days got woke up every night two to three times the Alarm. Junkie Nexen production platforms. VM block.
Comon ca va is Cajun for How are you. Probably spelt it wrong.lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis