Rythmik Audio Owner's Thread

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
My question is why? I would much prefer several manageable subs than one gigantic unmovable monster. The only reason I can think of to go for a form like that is for a deeper tuning point, like the Captivator 4000ULF. However the porting on that unit does not look like it is aiming that low. And the FV15HP can already be tuned to 12 Hz- how much lower do you really need a ported sub to go? Still, I am sure it will be a very good sub, and I certainly wouldn't mind having one.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
My question is why?
If nothing else, it'll make a useful halo product. Personally, I'd just assume see a DO sealed sub using the DS1510 driver. Brian would probably have to move to a different amp topology to make that feasible though, and I'm not sure that's something he's comfortable with.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
If nothing else, it'll make a useful halo product. Personally, I'd just assume see a DO sealed sub using the DS1510 driver. Brian would probably have to move to a different amp topology to make that feasible though, and I'm not sure that's something he's comfortable with.
I don't understand what you mean by halo product?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Rythmik's spec on their 18" sub with an MSRP of $1700.

Driver

DS1820 18" high excursion with custom sensing coil
Driver materials One piece black anodized dish aluminum with rubber surround
Cast aluminum basket
Multiple aluminum flux de-modulation shorting rings
Amplifier 900W RMS Hypex class-D patented servo controlled
Dimensions 21"(W) x 33" (H )x 22"(D) - (23" D with grille and heatsink)
Shipping Weight 180 lbs
Frequency Response 12 - 200 Hz (-4db@12hz) with LFE input

12 - 90 Hz (-4db@12hz) with LINE IN input
Multi-tune 16hz (3 port) and 12.5hz (2 port)
Crossover slope Selectable 12 or 24 dB / octave (PEQ)
Crossover range (Low pass) 25 - 100 Hz
Rumble Filter (High pass ) 12 Hz 18 dB / octave (defeatable, recommended for high SPL playback)
Phase adjustment 0 - 180 degrees continuously variable
Bass damping factor settings high (Q=0.5), med (Q=0.7), and low (Q=1.1)
Finishes Available in black matte paint or black oak vinyl
Warranty 5 years warranty on driver and 3years on electronics
45 day home trial with customer paying one-way return shipping

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/FV18_specs.html

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Rythmik's spec on their 18" sub with an MSRP of $1700.

Driver

DS1820 18" high excursion with custom sensing coil
Driver materials One piece black anodized dish aluminum with rubber surround
Cast aluminum basket
Multiple aluminum flux de-modulation shorting rings
Amplifier 900W RMS Hypex class-D patented servo controlled
Dimensions 21"(W) x 33" (H )x 22"(D) - (23" D with grille and heatsink)
Shipping Weight 180 lbs
Frequency Response 12 - 200 Hz (-4db@12hz) with LFE input

12 - 90 Hz (-4db@12hz) with LINE IN input
Multi-tune 16hz (3 port) and 12.5hz (2 port)
Crossover slope Selectable 12 or 24 dB / octave (PEQ)
Crossover range (Low pass) 25 - 100 Hz
Rumble Filter (High pass ) 12 Hz 18 dB / octave (defeatable, recommended for high SPL playback)
Phase adjustment 0 - 180 degrees continuously variable
Bass damping factor settings high (Q=0.5), med (Q=0.7), and low (Q=1.1)
Finishes Available in black matte paint or black oak vinyl
Warranty 5 years warranty on driver and 3years on electronics
45 day home trial with customer paying one-way return shipping

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/FV18_specs.html
Some impressive specs.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Would like to see DataBass test this unit out.
Absolutely. I'm squirreling for a pair of fv15hp's, but these 18's look reeeaally interesting. I've been looking for SVS's ultra16 on DB as well.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I would love a pair of PB16 Ultras. I got to touch one Bill!
Me jelly!!!!!!
Hope you didn’t leave marks on it! Lmao!!!

Actually I’m envious of your journey altogether. I’ve been to TX once, and our local av store pushes Jamo( a fine danish company), last I checked, but mostly they cater to their installers. Not really retail. And B.B. which has some crappy klipsch bookshelf’s on grocery store shelves. Lame... got some nice 4K HDR displays though!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Me jelly!!!!!!
Hope you didn’t leave marks on it! Lmao!!!

Actually I’m envious of your journey altogether. I’ve been to TX once, and our local av store pushes Jamo( a fine danish company), last I checked, but mostly they cater to their installers. Not really retail. And B.B. which has some crappy klipsch bookshelf’s on grocery store shelves. Lame... got some nice 4K HDR displays though!
AFAIK, Jamo was bought by Klipsch Group in 2005 which was then bought by Audiovox 2011. Jamo has been mostly "dummied down" (ass were Mirage and Energy) in the interest of cashing in on a once good reputation. Perhaps the custom install segment was handled differently?

http://www.klipsch.com/news/klipsch-acquires-brand-name-and-key-assets-of-danish-speaker-company-jamo-a-s
https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/audiovox-buys-klipsch-group-jamo-mirage-energy-and-athena.71256/

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
AFAIK, Jamo was bought by Klipsch Group in 2005 which was then bought by Audiovox 2011. Jamo has been mostly "dummied down" (ass were Mirage and Energy) in the interest of cashing in on a once good reputation. Perhaps the custom install segment was handled differently?

http://www.klipsch.com/news/klipsch-acquires-brand-name-and-key-assets-of-danish-speaker-company-jamo-a-s
https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/audiovox-buys-klipsch-group-jamo-mirage-energy-and-athena.71256/
I guess I couldn’t say. My FIL bout a system from them(yamonkyo) backin the Pro Logic days(before he trusted me lol). His jamos are decent(but small). Too bad the company got the big #1 like so many that are absorbed by bigger companies. That’s why it broke my heart a little when Samsun bought Harmon group.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I would love a pair of PB16 Ultras. I got to touch one Bill!
If you guys did not know this.....Rythmik is based in Austin, TX. I have visited the facility when I bought my sub.

And, if you get to visit Austin (it is only 1 to 1.5 hours from San Antonio), then I like AudioSystems and A&B TV.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I guess I couldn’t say. My FIL bout a system from them(yamonkyo) backin the Pro Logic days(before he trusted me lol). His jamos are decent(but small). Too bad the company got the big #1 like so many that are absorbed by bigger companies. That’s why it broke my heart a little when Samsun bought Harmon group.
Not sure when your dad bought, but many decent products were kept on the market for a few years after the acquisition.
I know PENG is convinced that the later (heavily discounted) Energy speakers were not the same despite having the same model number and no "version" or "generation" designation to clarify when such changes were made. Who knows how quickly (or if) they "devalued" the Jamos.
For all I know they may still be good value. At $204 these certainly have a superficial appeal (curved cabinet and outrigger feet with dual woofers):
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4DY58K8949&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Home+Audio+Speakers-_-9SIA4DY58K8949&gclid=CjwKCAjwmqHPBRBQEiwAOvbR862lbiiRZ7D_EV-Py4LQgquTlfMyPJVS3ZeC00ZbFzVZlio0LYiVOBoCH6cQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

But that is certainly not reflective of the Danish Jamo!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Not sure when your dad bought, but many decent products were kept on the market for a few years after the acquisition.
I know PENG is convinced that the later (heavily discounted) Energy speakers were not the same despite having the same model number and no "version" or "generation" designation to clarify when such changes were made. Who knows how quickly (or if) they "devalued" the Jamos.
For all I know they may still be good value. At $204 these certainly have a superficial appeal (curved cabinet and outrigger feet with dual woofers):
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4DY58K8949&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Home+Audio+Speakers-_-9SIA4DY58K8949&gclid=CjwKCAjwmqHPBRBQEiwAOvbR862lbiiRZ7D_EV-Py4LQgquTlfMyPJVS3ZeC00ZbFzVZlio0LYiVOBoCH6cQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

But that is certainly not reflective of the Danish Jamo!
I came really close to buying a pair of these Jamo. I believe these were some of the last from Jamo before the buyout.
http://www.audioholics.com/bookshelf-speaker-reviews/jamo-c803-bookshelf-speaker-review

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
The Rythmik F18 is up on Data-bass. Link
Looks like the FV18 and FV25HP are up next.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis