Rythmik Audio Owner's Thread

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
As long as your receiver lets you know the frequency of each test tone (so you know where to apply the EQ).

Alternately, this site has a tone that starts at 150Hz and slowly decreases the pitch with a digital readout of the frequency. Playing it and watching your SPL meter should give you a pretty good idea of where you have spikes and dips in the FR (as well as determining where useful bass ends...my PC system stops around 49Hz:)).
The site also provides test tones at 10Hz intervals, but I'd like to see smaller increments between frequencies since at low frequencies, 20Hz between 20-40Hz represents an entire octave!

http://onlinetonegenerator.com/subwoofer.html

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
As long as your receiver lets you know the frequency of each test tone (so you know where to apply the EQ).

Alternately, this site has a tone that starts at 150Hz and slowly decreases the pitch with a digital readout of the frequency. Playing it and watching your SPL meter should give you a pretty good idea of where you have spikes and dips in the FR (as well as determining where useful bass ends...my PC system stops around 49Hz:)).
The site also provides test tones at 10Hz intervals, but I'd like to see smaller increments between frequencies since at low frequencies, 20Hz between 20-40Hz represents an entire octave!

http://onlinetonegenerator.com/subwoofer.html
Thanks once again Kurt. Looks like I have a weekend project..:D

D

decooney

Enthusiast
I have two Rytmik Audio RA-350 350watt home plate subwoofer amplifiers, one in use and the other is a spare previously used as my 2nd sub amp. I'm now switching to a smaller and much more compact subwoofer in a much smaller room.

Question:
Where is the best place to market used RA gear for sale versus just sticking it on eBay or local craigslist, is there a proper for sale forum - I don't frequent this site much so I'm asking. Thanks.

Last edited:
E

elf1

Enthusiast
Hello to all,
I greatly appreciate recommendations and opinions of others. I am a 70 year old who still enjoys sitting in my chair and listening to music. While I do not consider myself an audiophile, I do have some decent equipment.
Magnepan 1.6 speakers
Audio Research SP6 tube preamp
Bryston 4B st amp.
I am testing Rythmik L12 subs. Two of them. Price and reputation is why I am testing. I am limited as to where I can place the subs, so size is important. My only complaint is the subs only come in black. SVS makes a sb1000 in white for a little more than the L12's. I know this might sound crazy to many of you, but appearances is important (Maggie's are white).
Any thoughts on sound quality of the SVS 1000?
Thanks
Elf1

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hello to all,
I greatly appreciate recommendations and opinions of others. I am a 70 year old who still enjoys sitting in my chair and listening to music. While I do not consider myself an audiophile, I do have some decent equipment.
Magnepan 1.6 speakers
Audio Research SP6 tube preamp
Bryston 4B st amp.
I am testing Rythmik L12 subs. Two of them. Price and reputation is why I am testing. I am limited as to where I can place the subs, so size is important. My only complaint is the subs only come in black. SVS makes a sb1000 in white for a little more than the L12's. I know this might sound crazy to many of you, but appearances is important (Maggie's are white).
Any thoughts on sound quality of the SVS 1000?
Thanks
Elf1
The SB1000 is a capable speaker for its size. Very smooth, very articulate, but a little light on thump. I had 2 of them in my system and I still think they're one of the best subs I've heard. Pretty much limited to small rooms tho. My room is just too big and I ended up with a pair of Hsu VTF -3 MK5's.

Hsu would be another great option, but they don't generally win points for aesthetics.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis