Rythmik Audio Owner's Thread

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I figured since we have an SVS owners thread, I thought I would start up an owners thread for Rythmik Audio. What models do you own, auditioned and what sub did they replace.

Reviews can be found here..

Data-Bass

Rythmik FV15HP Subwoofer Review | Audioholics

Salk/Rythmik 15 With Dual 15" Passive Radiators Subwoofer Review - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Rythmik LV12R Subwoofer Review - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

I have an LV-12R which replaces a PSB Subsonic 5

Official Rythmik Website:
Servo subwoofers •Rythmik Audio Direct Servo subwoofers

{edit: added Rythmik homepage and updated page title}

Last edited by a moderator:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I have a 12" that I built the box for with specs on their website. Not sure what model it is as I bought it about 6 years ago but it's a great sub and really plays quite low for its size.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have a 12" that I built the box for with specs on their website. Not sure what model it is as I bought it about 6 years ago but it's a great sub and really plays quite low for its size.
That's the F12 kit if I recall correctly, and I've heard this sub at his house and felt it was a very clean sounding sub.

I formerly owned one of their A370 amps that I used with my Adire Tempest 15" and it was one hell of an amp for the small price.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Re: Rythmik Owner's Thread

Dual E15 not collocated (with the 600W amp which is standard now, but earlier one had to spec the E15HP to get this amp).

I'm still playing with the settings, the 14Hz extension with high damping servo setting gave very low distortion aka. musical bass. But, when watching Inception there was audible distress at -12dB. The 20Hz extension with high damping servo setting had my 2000 cu. ft. living room HT pressurized and objects rattling without issue. Didn't seem like I lost anything in extension.

Love the subs.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I have a FV15HP. It was the first "real" sub I got, and it replaced a little KEF 10". It is indeed a beast! For the first time, I could make my glass of tea skitter across the table if I wanted. Set it up according to instructions, (I thought). While playing with big boom movies and high volume, I heard some distinct clicking noise at the big booms. I thought it was my towers. It didn't even occur to me that this 15" beast could be the cause. I called Aperion and played w/ crossovers and various settings. Finally noticed that even w/ very high crossovers to my towers, I still got the click. Figured out it was the sub. Called Rythmik. He told me to turn on the limiter switch. I did. Problem went away. Put tower crossovers back where they should be. Life is good.

I'm not smart enough to understand the design reasons for a limiter switch, and under what conditions you would turn the switch off. But I'm not smart enough to understand a lot of things, and choices are good. Now properly set up, this sub is good and strong. It is now one of two subs in my fairly large, high ceiling room, and life is good. I do not anticipate wanting to replace it before it dies.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
F15HP that I bought used at a very good price from a guy only a little over an hour from me. Typically when these things come up on the used market, they're well out of driving distance. Mated with Martin Logan Ascents. First sub. I still need to run REW on my system to optimize. I believe I'm sitting in a bit of a null. Home theater is in a large completely open basement. Very happy with it for music. For hometheater, I really need multiple subs, but just can't afford a second at this time.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Given that two of the linked reviews are mine I should probably subscribe to this thread... :)

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
That makes three. Guess I really have to pay attention now. :p

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I own the Rythmik sealed F12.... It's OK. I have not been able to get it to sound very deep or loud yet. Most likely my room etc.... Still a work in progress.. It does have a nice tight punch to it.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Bought a pair of Rythmik FV15HP's after reading up on them a few years back. I have them in my theater room handling everything below 60 Hz. They aren't cranked up real high since I have the T2's in the same room.

A few days ago I decided to try Bassotronics - Bass I Love You [HD] - YouTube that BillyP posted in the subwoofer song thread. My wife was out in the main part of the living room playing piano and said she could barely hear the piano over the bass. It was a little excessive for my taste, but I wanted to give my system a thorough cleaning you could say; blow out the webs and what not :D. While I was playing it, I thought the level was shaking my projector screen. I noticed it wasn't actually the screen moving, but the projector was shaking. So it wasn't shaking the projector screen, just the foundation of my house is all.

Anyway, I don't tend to crank up super bassy music or movies crazy loud, but when I do these things do not hesitate to react. They are likely way overkill for what I need/use but who doesn't need a little overkill from time to time.

Here's where they're located, right in the middle of my front stage LCR. Everything hides nicely behind the screen. Some point I'll take the time to update that thread to show a couple updates I have made since March. :)
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/pros-joes-systems-gallery/76503-finished-setup-now-6.html#post1020517

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My LV12-R on the starting of "Edge Of Tomorrow" I took a piece of painters tape which I stuck on and off on a carpet 5 times before putting it on the sub to help show the woofer movement.

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
My LV12-R on the starting of "Edge Of Tomorrow" I took a piece of painters tape which I stuck on and off on a carpet 5 times before putting it on the sub to help show the woofer movement.
I played that scene and cracked up when my Bluetooth earpiece that was sitting on top of my sub vibrated off of it. Still haven't had time to watch the movie though. I only played that one scene. :rolleyes:

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Perhaps someone could help me understand this. The LV12R has two sets of inputs. LFE and L/R.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/download/LV12R_quickguide.pdf

They are both Line In. On the spec sheet it gives freq. response for both.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/LV12R_specs.html

What is the purpose of two line in options. I used to think one was amplified, in my mind that would be the L/R where as LFE was line LEVEL in. Is this the reason LFE gives a response to 300hz, because it is not amplified? Did I just answer my own question? o_O

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Perhaps someone could help me understand this. The LV12R has two sets of inputs. LFE and L/R.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/download/LV12R_quickguide.pdf

They are both Line In. On the spec sheet it gives freq. response for both.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/LV12R_specs.html

What is the purpose of two line in options. I used to think one was amplified, in my mind that would be the L/R where as LFE was line LEVEL in. Is this the reason LFE gives a response to 300hz, because it is not amplified? Did I just answer my own question? o_O
The phase and filter settings do not work with the LFE input whereas the L+R inputs are affected by the sub's phase and filter settings as described in the quick guide. Both inputs are amplified by the subs amp. I think the R+L inputs will allow for finer control over the sub then relying on the receivers RC facilities to control the sub. I use L+R and leave my filter at its maximum setting using the 80Hz crossover supplied by the AVR. I found this worked best for my HT area.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis