RSL 12s speedwoofer

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Yes this. I can’t believe nobody does this. Joe is awesome and here’s the crazy part. THEY WANT SATISFIED CUSTOMERS!!! That Klipsch fart box is nothing compared to the 12s and something is very possibly, although unlikely wrong with it. At the very least they can walk him through some things and I have no doubt they’d exchange it after some testing.
I don't know if they are manned for phone help on the weekends....But, they are better than anyone when they are there !
Those subs are thoroughly tested before they are shipped.
RSL would be out of business if they didn't do that with the shipping costs involved.

My feeling on the OP's issue is that he has "confused" the 12S by turning it on with the remote.
I'm going to post this excerpt I received from Drew at RSL concerning the procedure.

"Glad you are enjoying your new 12S! You bring up a good question regarding the Power/Standby function. The remote control overrides the auto-power (signal sense) function. Meaning if you use the IR Remote’s Power/Standby button to turn ON or OFF, you will need to use the remote again to turn it back ON or OFF. To reset this function and allow for the signal sense to Auto-Power ON or OFF, the amp would need to be completely power-cycled (LED OFF COMPLETELY) and then don’t use the remote to put it into Power/Standby. I hope this helps to clarify the Power/Standby functionality of the 12S."

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
OTOH could be the Klipsch being more one note wonders are more at the frequency/distortion levels he prefers? I would tend to agree its more unlikely it was DOA and is more setup but hard to know from the OP's cryptic responses on such.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis