REW and dual subwoofer calibration help?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
What should you set your receiver main volume too for pink noise speakers leveling? I always did 0 dB which is pretty loud but that’s what I read on a lot of articles and forums?
Are you doing it in the AVR? If so after calibration 0 should loud. If manually with an spl, yes I set it to zero and trim or boost to the reference point you want, 75 to 85db. I wear earplugs when doing sweeps FWIW.

P

Polish023

Junior Audioholic
I just got my UMIK for REW and I’m gonna use that for leveling. I’m just trying to figure out where to start with everything I was gonna run ypao to get my distances set for delays then adjust everything and level match everything. I used a spl meter before but I wanted to get a UMIK to get more accurate measurements!!!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I just got my UMIK for REW and I’m gonna use that for leveling. I’m just trying to figure out where to start with everything I was gonna run ypao to get my distances set for delays then adjust everything and level match everything. I used a spl meter before but I wanted to get a UMIK to get more accurate measurements!!!
Adjust the volume till REW reads at least 75db, then take your measurements. If it were me, depending on your sub, sweep from 16hz to 300hz as that's were the room is effecting the sound of the speakers the most.

Spend a few minutes going thru the tutorial.

I think I just posted it in the other thread, so it might be easier if you keep the questions consolidated FWIW

P

Polish023

Junior Audioholic
How come a lot of the tutorials use 0 to 200 for subs?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis