Subwoofer advice: closed or ported?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I recently added an Elac 1225 12-inch sub to my Infinity P353 tower speaker setup. Had to dial the volume way down and set the sub to the lowest crossover setting to get rid of the boominess. That said it seems to work pretty well now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I recently added an Elac 1225 12-inch sub to my Infinity P353 tower speaker setup. Had to dial the volume way down and set the sub to the lowest crossover setting to get rid of the boominess. That said it seems to work pretty well now.
So is that a non-recommendation for this particular sub? It's a one note wonder or something?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
@sakete, I have two Rythmik subs, an 8 year or older LV-12R and a new LV-12F, both ported with servo. Both are 12" ported subs, one ported in the back, the other ported in the front with more control settings. They serve both HT and 2 channel music roles excelling in both capacities. Unlike some posters like to think, having servo is not another point of failure. If it were a point of failure , Rythmik would have changed their design eons ago.

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis