Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Let's be honest, every generation sucks in one way or another. It's just WAY more obvious with hers because of technology. Gone are the days of parents telling their kids to be home by 9 having no clue or way to find out what their kid is doing and where they're doing it.

That was one thing I found funny when watching Stranger Things. The parents had no clue what was going on...then I realized mine didn't either...
She was just saying that the music her generation makes sucks when compared to what her dad likes, which is all over the map, since he's a keyboard player and has played in many bands.

OTOH, the kids can leave their phone somewhere, go somewhere else to get in trouble and retrieve the phone later.

Ward Cleaver would have a hard time being a parent, these days.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Where would one find the infrastructure that supports this piece?
The hardest part of such venture is typically the last mile problem, which was already taken care for them, by a consortium of local energy companies which lay dark fiber along power lines.
http://www.swissfibrenet.ch/en/index.php
https://www.bakom.admin.ch/bakom/en/homepage/telecommunication/technology/deployment-of-optical-fibre-in-switzerland.html

You add CEO from ex-Google GM and CTO who ran SFR cable company in France, now owned by Altice who purchased Cablevision and Suddenlink cable companies here in the US.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
WOW this is the first time I logged in to ahole-ics and didnt see this thread at the top of the recents list?!?!?!?!?! a few weeks with no activity on it? what is going on in here, where is alex?

LOL, anyway, hey guys, hopefully all are well...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
WOW this is the first time I logged in to ahole-ics and didnt see this thread at the top of the recents list?!?!?!?!?! a few weeks with no activity on it? what is going on in here, where is alex?

LOL, anyway, hey guys, hopefully all are well...
Hope everything is going good for you too.

I'm also wondering where Alex is...Really like that dude.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Getting my ac and furnace replaced right now :/
Just had the A/C part of mine done a few weeks ago. Furnaces part was done at the tail end of 2015 and I had the A/C coils installed at that time. I couldn't afford the compressors outside at the time because I needed $4000 worth of electrical upgrades to be able to hook up A/C.

So far only one day of trying it and it wasn't particularly hot, just really humid. Man, what a joy! Totally worth the expense, as long as it lasts at least 10 years.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Our old system was the one that came with the house, so it lasted approximately 16 years. I hope this one lasts as long. We couldn’t afford getting a nice variable system so we stuck with single stage. We should still see a significant difference in our utility bills however. Went from 10 SEER to 16 SEER :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
In New England, the HVAC regs are different. We don't get the heat you do for the lengths of time you do so mine are 13.7 SEER. My contractor pointed out that in areas of the south they (manufacturers) can't sell anything below 16 SEER and in some areas, 17. My units have a label on the them that they're illegal to be sold in several states in the south. Ours are a little cheaper. I have Bryant, a division of Carrier. I wish I could have got Trane, but just out of my budget.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I’m not sure what the minimum requirements are here but I did receive quotes for systems ranging from 14 SEER up to 20. We got an American Standard system which is the same thing as Trane as far as I know. Old one was a Carrier. All of the quotes I got were for American Standard or Lennox. That wasn’t by my choice or anything though.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
OTOH, the kids can leave their phone somewhere, go somewhere else to get in trouble and retrieve the phone later.
You're out of touch with today's kids!
That will NEVER happen!!!
Well...unless they get "burner phones" to take with them!:D

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You're out of touch with today's kids!
That will NEVER happen!!!
Well...unless they get "burner phones" to take with them!:D
I'll have you know that I'm very in touch with the younger element!o_O

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Finally moving out of a condo into a house so can enjoy home theater again. It’s been years.

Home is old but going to live in it for a while until I knock it down. Hoping to custom build a home in the next 4-5 years on the land so between having a place to play with some of my old gear and a upcoming project it’s time to catch up on the lastest home theater stuff :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You know what really grinds my gears? People don't know how to haggle, horse trade, you know negotiate. Where selling or apparently buying, putting OBO on an item means you get one offer to be either accepted or rejected. No counteroffers, no nothing. Makes the whole process boring and laborious.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder if Alex is still working on Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Dentist appointment excuse to cut out at noon on a Friday ... now I gotta go see the dentist of course.

Sent from my house. Using my computer.
Couldn't have anything to do with that sweet tooth could it???

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Couldn't have anything to do with that sweet tooth could it???
Not yet. Got a clean bill of dental health but in celebration, some sugar based goodness came home with the fat pork chops. I left my phone out in the truck but I'm already down to my panties so SWMBO is gonna be testy about not being able to reach me but fat pork chops at 6:20 should make up for it. Roller coaster ... of love.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis