Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Am I doing this right? So hypothetically, if my annual AGI is $60,000 under the new federal tax plan I would get the standard deduction of $12,000, bringing my taxable income to $48,000 at a rate of 22% which means before any tax credits my federal income taxes would be $10,560?
$48000 taxable income

$9525 x 10% = $953
$29175 x 12% = $3501
$9300 x 22% = $2046

$6500 federal income tax before any credits

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Isn't it a little late for that?

Since we're on the topic of taxes, my wife asked me yesterday how to fill out her W4 for her new job (she was at the last one so long she forgot). Well, I apparently have no clue how to do it either because it said since we file jointly that we should split our dependents...woops.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Isn't it a little late for that?

Since we're on the topic of taxes, my wife asked me yesterday how to fill out her W4 for her new job (she was at the last one so long she forgot). Well, I apparently have no clue how to do it either because it said since we file jointly that we should split our dependents...woops.
You mean W2 and please don't split the kids

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Started Whole30 today with my wife to support her. This means I can't drink at all. I'm bored.

Hello again, audioholics. Its been a while.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Started Whole30 today with my wife to support her. This means I can't drink at all. I'm bored.

What is Whole30? (For the non-US members, I guess)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord

That's pretty much my daily diet for the past 3 or 4 years but since mine is a long term eating plan I modified it. I eat 35 grams of carbs with breakfast(always slow cooked oats and 1/2 apple) and I get the other 1/2 of the apple at lunch with my post workout meal.

On Fridays I get one meal where I can eat whatever I want. This is the night we go out and have nice dinners and drinks. This is important to keep you sane plus it helps burn more fat as your body doesn't think your starving it and it won't try to protect itself by holding onto fat.

Once you body learns how to effectively burn fat vs carbs it becomes an easy and healthy diet. Your bloodsugar will stabilize and you will feel so much better and you won't have cravings. I have to eat about 8 small meals a day on this or I lose too much weight. 3 of those meals are protein bars or protein shakes. The other meals are 6 oz of lean meat and vegetables, my veggies are usually raw except at dinner time and then grilled or roasted. It very easy for me to walk around at 10% bodyfat now and my muscle size has actually increased. My vascularity is crazy and I get comments on that all the time.

I do tend to have too many Bourbon's way too often but hey...I'm not perfect...

Getting old doesn't suck all that much....

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
two months ago I've started easiest diet in the world, specifically Intermittent Fasting or IF.
like I said I chose easiest version 16:8 - each fasting for 16 hours and eating during 8 hours. Practically this means skipping breakfast and no late snacks. So I eat from midday till 8pm. So far lost about 20lbs, but been same weight for last month or so. Does feel better. I tend not to count calories during eating hours.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That's pretty much my daily diet for the past 3 or 4 years but since mine is a long term eating plan I modified it. I eat 35 grams of carbs with breakfast(always slow cooked oats and 1/2 apple) and I get the other 1/2 of the apple at lunch with my post workout meal.

On Fridays I get one meal where I can eat whatever I want. This is the night we go out and have nice dinners and drinks. This is important to keep you sane plus it helps burn more fat as your body doesn't think your starving it and it won't try to protect itself by holding onto fat.

Once you body learns how to effectively burn fat vs carbs it becomes an easy and healthy diet. Your bloodsugar will stabilize and you will feel so much better and you won't have cravings. I have to eat about 8 small meals a day on this or I lose too much weight. 3 of those meals are protein bars or protein shakes. The other meals are 6 oz of lean meat and vegetables, my veggies are usually raw except at dinner time and then grilled or roasted. It very easy for me to walk around at 10% bodyfat now and my muscle size has actually increased. My vascularity is crazy and I get comments on that all the time.

Interesting diet. Any idea how many calories a day you're actually consuming? I'm trying to put something like this together for wifey. She's been complaining about her weight since kid #3 (he's 18 months now sooooooo). She's started doing yoga because her muscle tone is....lacking. It's doing her good, but she needs the more strict diet.

I'm on your Bourbon diet already...I look at my bottle and think "man, wonder who drank all this"

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja

4AA7E615-6A08-4F6A-B6AF-170A62A060AA.jpeg
I made this tonight. Not sure if I’m doing it right, but I’m less grumpy. I’d probably trade my car for a bottle of Malbec right now.

In seriousness, I am kind of excited to get back in shape. Since I stopped working on golf for 12 hours a day, I’ve definitely packed on a bunch of pounds.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Since I stopped working on golf for 12 hours a day, I’ve definitely packed on a bunch of pounds.
Say what now? That seems like a lot....

Seriously though, good on you for paying attention to your health. I plan to cut back on drinking and such...plan to.

I'm lucky enough that I've always been able to eat whatever the hell I want and never get fat. Granted, I'm a protein guy. Never been a huge fan of sweets or carbs that aren't potatoes. Beer and whiskey and coke are my carbs. Yes, I drink whiskey with coke. I'm sorry. I'm thinking of switching to sparkling water or something...decisions. Need to start going to the gym again too.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
:):) Thanks, pantera. I do know about googling. Just wanted to strike up a conversation with the guy.

Anyway, I don't think eating healthy is really good for you. Never went on a diet in my life. I eat what I want, when I want it. If I see I'm gaining pounds, I lower the intake. I'm 6feet tall and I weigh 182pounds (if the conversion calculator I found on the net is accurate). When I want to deprive myself of something, I do it with all the diet schemes and ads.

But I wish you the best, @adwilk and let me say that's a beautiful T-bone steak (if my steak conversion calculator is accurate).;) And yes, Malbec would be the way to go.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Say what now? That seems like a lot....
I was trying to make a living doing it. Lots of training, walking, practice etc.

Seriously though, good on you for paying attention to your health. I plan to cut back on drinking and such...plan to.

I'm lucky enough that I've always been able to eat whatever the hell I want and never get fat. Granted, I'm a protein guy. Never been a huge fan of sweets or carbs that aren't potatoes. Beer and whiskey and coke are my carbs. Yes, I drink whiskey with coke. I'm sorry. I'm thinking of switching to sparkling water or something...decisions. Need to start going to the gym again too.
All of that resonates with me. I guess getting a little older changes things. In my mid-thirties now and not being nearly as active has added up. I don't eat many sweets at all either, but like potatoes pasta and pizza. I also get way too many carbs from beer and spirits. Hopefully this 30 day kick will get me started on making some better choices.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
:):) Thanks, pantera. I do know about googling. Just wanted to strike up a conversation with the guy.

Anyway, I don't think eating healthy is really good for you. Never went on a diet in my life. I eat what I want, when I want it. If I see I'm gaining pounds, I lower the intake. I'm 6feet tall and I weigh 182pounds (if the conversion calculator I found on the net is accurate). When I want to deprive myself of something, I do it with all the diet schemes and ads.

But I wish you the best, @adwilk and let me say that's a beautiful T-bone steak (if my steak conversion calculator is accurate).;) And yes, Malbec would be the way to go.
So, my wife isn't doing the diet for weight loss- I guess I'm technically not either since that's not what the program is for. Her and her doctor are trying to narrow down some other health issues and this could help determine some food sensitivities, etc. BUT, I am hoping to kickstart some better decision making for myself when it comes to food. I love to cook and I love to drink with food. It just starts to add up. I'm also about 6'1" and although pretty athletic, 240lbs on this frame is a little much. I'm looking to drop 25lbs. I like the Dawg's approach. Sustainability is key.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I was trying to make a living doing it. Lots of training, walking, practice etc.

All of that resonates with me. I guess getting a little older changes things. In my mid-thirties now and not being nearly as active has added up. I don't eat many sweets at all either, but like potatoes pasta and pizza. I also get way too many carbs from beer and spirits. Hopefully this 30 day kick will get me started on making some better choices.
I figured as much. My dad used to practice all the time, but he's since stopped (almost 60). Says it became a chore so it wasn't fun anymore. I haven't played in 10 years or so. Got clubs in the garage. I still enjoy it when you can go out and take your time. Too many people in a hurry. Mid 30's as well (almost) so my thinking is that I need to make sure I start getting into better shape cause if I don't do it now it will just become more difficult in the future.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

I eat what I want too. Keeps me at around 170lb at 6'2" so I'm still on the pretty thin side. According to my fitbit (not sure if I can trust it) I burn around 3000 calories a day doing almost nothing. My active days it shoots up quickly. People would always ask why I can eat what and as much of as I do and still look this way. I guess I just burn a lot more than most people.

That aside, I think our "do what I want" diet can still be harmful in other ways. Cholesterol and all the other things that can be wrong with us and cause health issues should still be taken into account. For all I know my blood sugar is super high and I've got high cholesterol. I doubt it, but it's still possible.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
two months ago I've started easiest diet in the world, specifically Intermittent Fasting or IF.
like I said I chose easiest version 16:8 - each fasting for 16 hours and eating during 8 hours. Practically this means skipping breakfast and no late snacks. So I eat from midday till 8pm. So far lost about 20lbs, but been same weight for last month or so. Does feel better. I tend not to count calories during eating hours.
That goes against everything I believe in but maybe I don't understand fitness....

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
That goes against everything I believe in but maybe I don't understand fitness....
16:8 is meant to applied in combination with fitness. I just skip fitness part and my results are only very moderate and as I've mention - already plateaued. IF is not a diet but a type of eating schedule. It doesn't negate fitness or correct food intake, basically self inflicted limitation of calories.
more info here (including links to research papers)
https://www.reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/index

if you're interested in getting full research papers, check out http://sci-hub.tw/

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis