Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
As I understand it, HD broadcasts are compressed before broadcast via cable or satellite. So, you shouldn't be surprised.:(
Yep. OTA is better. Been using it for years.
That's what I read afterwards, that's there is less compression. I just wish some of the "specialty" channels were available OTA instead of just regular network stuff.
Guess cause it's free I shouldn't complain. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I love how when I ordered the miniDSP 4X10HD it wasn't out of stock. I also love how when they finally got around to posting on the website that it is out of stock that they were kind enough to not send me any notification that it is out of stock. For a company that make such a great product, they really don't have their sh!t together sometimes.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That's what I read afterwards...
Dude, I've been saying for years that OTA is better and why. Hmmm. Maybe I didn't get your attention because I was phrasing it wrong.

"There's nothing quite like the taste of an orange rubber ball before it all goes dark...oh, and hey, OTA broadcasts aren't as compressed as cable."

:D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Dude, I've been saying for years that OTA is better and why. Hmmm. Maybe I didn't get your attention because I was phrasing it wrong.

"There's nothing quite like the taste of an orange rubber ball before it all goes dark...oh, and hey, OTA broadcasts aren't as compressed as cable."

Pretty straight forward if you ask me. ;)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Pretty straight forward if you ask me. ;)
Doesn't sound "straight" at all, to me.:eek::D

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief

Oh ... now you spell it out for me. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hectic morning followed by a pretty easy day. Plus the school had their evacuation drill today, so I even got to go outside and get some fresh air. Good times right there.

On the downside, we have an away game today, against a team that only has 9 players and they refuse to play a small field game. They'll only play full field, and we have 3 teams on the bus. It's going to be a sketchy ride down.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I love how when I ordered the miniDSP 4X10HD it wasn't out of stock. I also love how when they finally got around to posting on the website that it is out of stock that they were kind enough to not send me any notification that it is out of stock. For a company that make such a great product, they really don't have their sh!t together sometimes.
A good way for them to lose potential customers...
Thinking of the minidsp myself :p
would be good to hear about your experiences when you (hopefully) get it :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm kind of disappointed that YAA didn't come up with at least one German/Irish/Slovak joke.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm kind of disappointed that YAA didn't come up with at least one German/Irish/Slovak joke.
You never know. He might be telling a few of those jokes to his new buddies in the pen right now. After all, "the funny one" is one of the better options in jail.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'd rather be the crazy one everyone just leaves alone.

Rick on the other hand has seen The longest Yard and thinks it would be tons of fun!

longest-yard-2005.jpg

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just spent about three hours working to get winter grass. Shopping for the seed and soil, mowing the lawn, dethatching the lawn...twice, raking the lawn...four times, seeding the lawn...twice, and all the assorted lugging around of equipment. I sure do hope that it grows well this season.
It's already growing! I'm pretty dang happy. The bag says that it germinates in 7-14 days, so to have some shoots showing up all around after five days is excellent.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis