Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
too soon to mention BB, too soon.... :D

I seen him live twice, another one I like is jim jefferies Jim Jefferies Alcoholocaust - YouTube "I bet our bullets can reach him" "what a fun story about a man dying" its an hour or so you wont regret on youtube, lol if you get offended easy don't click the link,...

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So, did you buy the truck? The listing that I saw yesterday morning on craigslist that I thought might be the one has been deleted by the author.
I did buy it but it wasn't on CL. A guy I work with had a brake line blow out and then his registration expired so he thought he'd do well to get a couple of grand. It's my next money pit but I like to suffer so it should all work out. :rolleyes:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I did buy it but it wasn't on CL. A guy I work with had a brake line blow out and then his registration expired so he thought he'd do well to get a couple of grand. It's my next money pit but I like to suffer so it should all work out. :rolleyes:
I don't know what it is with Ford pick-ups and brake lines. A buddy of mine has a F-150 ('07, I think). He's had a couple of brake lines burst. My old Ranger blew out at least 3 of them. Certainly adds to the pucker factor when it happens as you approach a red light at a busy intersection...:eek:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know what it is with Ford pick-ups and brake lines. A buddy of mine has a F-150 ('07, I think). He's had a couple of brake lines burst. My old Ranger blew out at least 3 of them. Certainly adds to the pucker factor when it happens as you approach a red light at a busy intersection...:eek:

The use of plain steel lines and routing them in areas that get minimal air flow like through the frame so they stay wet longer then if they were more exposed. They also like to brine the roads in Pennsylvania before a winter storm so the ice cant take hold as easily. Then spread salt...it's a wonder that there is any metal on any vehicle more then ten years old.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
As Doug said, it's the salt.
It's not only Fords, just the combined miles and the percentage driven on salty roads.
Another reason to move to Florida.:D
Edit: They seem to put so much more salt on the roads now than they did 25+ years ago.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I watched a business proposal that was pitched to VW {I believe they are the largest manufacturer in the world}, it showed a program {essentially a recipe} for the "forever" car, a vehicle that would last 50 years and 750K miles with under $225 per year of "upkeep", there was some cool stuff in there, a lot of exotic plastics, a sleeved low compression 5 cylinder engine with 2 oval valves per cylinder, an engineered frame that had fuel, brake, exhaust all integrated into it, the braking system was really interesting one rear caliper type device with 2 in the front that can on the axles away from the wheel but in direct air flow, power steering that was powered by a direct drive system {worked when you were moving but had a small reserve can for when you were not moving enough to turn the wheel back and forth a few times}, most of the stuff was direct drive altenator, brakes, steering, a/c compressor all driven by a road drive that spun when the car was moving with an electrical back and pressure reserves for when not in motion.... The moving parts were cut in half, the engine was designed with oversized bearings, and made to be in chassis rebuildable... It was very interesting but car companies will never go for it because they would lose a ton of money with a car that lasts 50 years....
They have integrated some ideas, like the plastic body, but the body on this vehicle was replaceable wiith no body work, no epoxies {like saturn} ect, just unbolt it and bolt the new part back on... I will say the car was ugly, I looked on the internet a few years back to find info on it, but found nothing, it was a swedish company, never heard of it again, I watched the video at a business seminar years ago...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I love how logging onto the computers is something that substitutes actually need to do from time to time, especially if the teacher leaves "watch this video" as their lesson plan, but the school has specifically told the IT guy not to allow subs to create user names and passwords.

Makes sense.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I watched a business proposal that was pitched to VW {I believe they are the largest manufacturer in the world}, it showed a program {essentially a recipe} for the "forever" car, a vehicle that would last 50 years and 750K miles with under $225 per year of "upkeep"...
Was the pitch from the 1930's? :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I have officially enlisted the help of two of the high school kids to secretly CNC machine me the baffle template. It may or may not work.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I saw this going in a completely different direction :D
I have officially enlisted the help of two high school boys to secretly.....

I guess it doesn't sound much better when I word it like that :eek:

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Just got my free OTA HD connected up, woohooo. I was surprised to see that the picture is better than the same channel on cable.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The use of plain steel lines and routing them in areas that get minimal air flow like through the frame so they stay wet longer then if they were more exposed. They also like to brine the roads in Pennsylvania before a winter storm so the ice cant take hold as easily. Then spread salt...it's a wonder that there is any metal on any vehicle more then ten years old.
Dude, this is Nova Scotia, where "salt" and "road" are synonymous.:eek: I'm well acquainted with salt induced corrosion. It just seems that for some strange reason, I hear more about bursting brake lines on Fords than on other makes. If you have a Ford, good luck...er, I mean...I'm sure you won't have any problems.:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Just got my free OTA HD connected up, woohooo. I was surprised to see that the picture is better than the same channel on cable.
As I understand it, HD broadcasts are compressed before broadcast via cable or satellite. So, you shouldn't be surprised.:(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis