Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Even after looking that up and sort of skimming the info I am so completely lost as to exactly what it is that that thing does that I would rather read a review of a hammer or a shoe lace. I think you are safely within the sufficiently boring parameters to post about that thing in here.
For your reading enjoyment:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3LV25I2RHFLE8/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R3LV25I2RHFLE8

PS, I got no idea what that thing does either. But it does look pretty boring.;)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Just for billy. (and any other baseball fan...):)

Sorry to my Texas buds but the whole Texas thing is hilarious! :D

NSFW

Last edited by a moderator:
dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Even after looking that up and sort of skimming the info I am so completely lost as to exactly what it is that that thing does that I would rather read a review of a hammer or a shoe lace. I think you are safely within the sufficiently boring parameters to post about that thing in here.
I'll be sure to have a section of the review dedicated to some hammers for you :D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Just for billy. (and any other baseball fan...):)

Sorry to my Texas buds but the whole Texas thing is hilarious! :D

NSFW

I still can't view it because of Canadian copyright laws...:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt34

Matt34

While at Best Buy today I directed all the display PC's and Ipad browsers to Audioholics.com.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
While at Best Buy today I directed all the display PC's and Ipad browsers to Audioholics.com.
You're a wildman!!!:D

What's next 007? Running with scissors?:eek:

Nice to see you back Matt. Hope all is well.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Wwmd?

So I found a couple of mic stands on Craigslist in Cambridge for 30 bucks and thought I could kill 2 birds with one stone by paying some union dues in Boston at the same time. Cool, huh? Yeah I thought so too until plumes of steam started coming out from under the hood of the fofo as I sat in traffic. Bummer. I checked under the hood when I got the mic stands and saw that I had only lost a little coolant. I figured it was probably coming out og the water pump's weep hole. I calmly went to my next stop through Boston and proceeded onto the highway which had backed up traffic due to it being our first snowfall ... a particularly nasty piece of precipitation that froze on the roads in this 10 or 15 mile stretch and had like a dozen vehicles either in ditches or just stopped from having run into one another. :eek:

I was on the phone when I noticed the fofo behaving oddly. I got off the phone only to see my temperature gauge going straight to the red zone. I pulled over and let it cool off some which it did quickly cause of course it's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey. There was a gas station a couple three miles ahead and I tried to make it ... fret not, I didn't blow up the motor. I made it another mile or so to this emergency stopping lane that the construction rats use to relieve themselves from having been drinking beer on the ride home trying to forget what they had been doing for work all day. Anyway it occurs to me that I had taken a bottle of water with me ... but I drank it. However there was a bottle of water from days gone by ... but it was frozen. After a bit of consternating I thought to turn around and look into the woods ... yep, right there not 30 feet away ... a babbling brook. I used my drinking water bottles to tote the water of life back to my fofo and proceeded to drive to Home Depot, the auto parts store, the grocery store (twice) and made a dessert run.

I guess the real MacGyver would have had some method to keep his little fingies from f^%&ing freezing in that water but I have a better hair do. :cool:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

So I found a couple of mic stands on Craigslist in Cambridge for 30 bucks and thought I could kill 2 birds with one stone by paying some union dues in Boston at the same time. Cool, huh? Yeah I thought so too until plumes of steam started coming out from under the hood of the fofo as I sat in traffic. Bummer. I checked under the hood when I got the mic stands and saw that I had only lost a little coolant. I figured it was probably coming out og the water pump's weep hole. I calmly went to my next stop through Boston and proceeded onto the highway which had backed up traffic due to it being our first snowfall ... a particularly nasty piece of precipitation that froze on the roads in this 10 or 15 mile stretch and had like a dozen vehicles either in ditches or just stopped from having run into one another. :eek:

I was on the phone when I noticed the fofo behaving oddly. I got off the phone only to see my temperature gauge going straight to the red zone. I pulled over and let it cool off some which it did quickly cause of course it's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey. There was a gas station a couple three miles ahead and I tried to make it ... fret not, I didn't blow up the motor. I made it another mile or so to this emergency stopping lane that the construction rats use to relieve themselves from having been drinking beer on the ride home trying to forget what they had been doing for work all day. Anyway it occurs to me that I had taken a bottle of water with me ... but I drank it. However there was a bottle of water from days gone by ... but it was frozen. After a bit of consternating I thought to turn around and look into the woods ... yep, right there not 30 feet away ... a babbling brook. I used my drinking water bottles to tote the water of life back to my fofo and proceeded to drive to Home Depot, the auto parts store, the grocery store (twice) and made a dessert run.

I guess the real MacGyver would have had some method to keep his little fingies from f^%&ing freezing in that water but I have a better hair do. :cool:
So, how's the FoFo now? Was it the pump? And, what's with the mic stands - starting your own karaoke club?:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord

I think Alex needs his own reality show. You must have been a bad boy in your past life.:rolleyes:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So, how's the FoFo now? Was it the pump? And, what's with the mic stands - starting your own karaoke club?:D
I'm pretty sure it's the pump because there isn't anything else it could be at the location of the leak but I haven't actually looked right at the weep hole. I bought a pump for it a while ago along with everything I needed to change the timing belt except this one thing I need to order that locks the cams in place while you release the belt tensioner. Gotta do that now.

I drained the reservoir of water, added anti freeze and did a bunch of errands to get it to mix into the block and heater core. Can't have the block cracking on me. So it leaks a little coolant when running ... maybe when sitting too. I bought my brake parts for the F150 in case my bleeder valve E-Z Out trick doesn't work which it probably won't. Right now the truck is the easier fix. I have two lame vehicles and I need one completely reliable one. I gotta get a serpentine belt for it too ... maybe a tensioner also because the belt has been chewed and that's what happens when the tensioner is out of alignment. Sh!t.

It's funny but my buddy who has been using my truck asked me why I was going through all the trouble with the truck since it was actually drivable. I told him that I wanted my brakes in 100% working order and that anything less was irresponsible and reckless. Seeing all those vehicles in accidents and/or ditches punctuated my position on that nicely. The truck is due for an inspection which is good for two years. It's been hit enough times to have pretty rust free doors and bed but the cab is starting to go so this will be it's last hurrah. I'm secretly hoping to get an oldie but a goodie exactly like it from rust free Oklahoma and do organ transplants but we'll see.

The mic stands are for the Behringer calibrated mic to be used with REW. I now have all the toys for that. I'm still wanting the Dayton Woofer Tester toy to be able to get T/S Parameters from drivers but that's just another thing for me to get out of my depth in.

Hanging around outside in the cold seems to have resurrected my cough which led to yet another troubled night's sleep and even worse I am now thinking that I need to stay indoors until I get better while I really want to be out playing. Beyond living in New England as a former inhabitant/prisoner of Canada I have some pretty heavy duty cold weather gear and can be comfortable out in the cold. I guess I can do all my planning from in here. It's kind of like a military mission where logistics plays a part. :rolleyes:

I think Alex needs his own reality show. You must have been a bad boy in your past life.:rolleyes:
What past life? I've been a complete cornhole in this one.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm pretty sure it's the pump because there isn't anything else it could be at the location of the leak but I haven't actually looked right at the weep hole. I bought a pump for it a while ago along with everything I needed to change the timing belt except this one thing I need to order that locks the cams in place while you release the belt tensioner. Gotta do that now.

I drained the reservoir of water, added anti freeze and did a bunch of errands to get it to mix into the block and heater core. Can't have the block cracking on me. So it leaks a little coolant when running ... maybe when sitting too.
Hey, stay warm up there!
If I may offer some car repair advice.
To avoid any more coolant loss, while waiting to fix the water pump. Loosen (but don't remove) the radiator cap, to prevent the system from pressurizing.
You won't loose as much coolant; it's a temporary fix so you won't have to re-fill the radiator every few days.
When you do fix it; refill it with coolant and distilled water, instead of using tap water in the mix. The minerals in tap water are corrosive, and so are the silicates that are in some anti-freeze. (if mixed at greater than a 50% - 50% ratio)
Oh, and stay warm up there.:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The mic stands are for the Behringer calibrated mic to be used with REW. I now have all the toys for that. I'm still wanting the Dayton Woofer Tester toy to be able to get T/S Parameters from drivers but that's just another thing for me to get out of my depth in.

Hanging around outside in the cold seems to have resurrected my cough which led to yet another troubled night's sleep and even worse I am now thinking that I need to stay indoors until I get better while I really want to be out playing. Beyond living in New England as a former inhabitant/prisoner of Canada I have some pretty heavy duty cold weather gear and can be comfortable out in the cold. I guess I can do all my planning from in here. It's kind of like a military mission where logistics plays a part. :rolleyes:
Welllllllll, ain't you gettin' all high-falutin' with yore fancy test equipment!:rolleyes:

Oh,and I hope you take care of yourself. Wouldn't want you to have to sell all your audio equipment in order to get treated for pneumonia.:p You see, all us inmates up here don't have to worry so much about that.;)

Seriously, take care of yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis