Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
She could get an M80 firecracker. Paint it with gorilla glue, and roll it in broken glass. Then insert it down under and light the fuse. In a few moments, all those varmints would make a hasty exit.
We have next Rambo movie coming up, called Ms Rambo :cool:

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've been ripping blu-rays and i just realized they haven't been including the lossless audio. ARRGHGHHGHHG.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Is this what we call a woman's hard week? :p
No, a woman's hard week is what follows when she rolls out of bed in the morning and looks behind her and sees Alex.

:p

Ya, that was kinda rough. Too much coffee. You know I'll spoon you any day, Alex.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You know I'll spoon you any day, Alex.
Fork that. You always go back to your wife and I spend Valentine's alone.

EDIT: I did not win the lottery. Yes ... I needed that money. Maybe tomorrow.

EDIT II: I bought 3 pairs of pants yesterday.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Fork that. You always go back to your wife and I spend Valentine's alone.

EDIT: I did not win the lottery. Yes ... I needed that money. Maybe tomorrow.

EDIT II: I bought 3 pairs of pants yesterday.
Don't act like you wouldn't take him back in a hot second. You know that you can't say no to him.
Is it time for drinks yet?

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Don't act like you wouldn't take him back in a hot second. You know that you can't say no to him.
Is it time for drinks yet?
I was going to buy something nice for Christmas Eve for my father-in-law and I too get $hitty with. I was between Crown Royal Special Reserve (which I love) or a Glenlivet 18-year old SMS.

Any thoughts? I've never drank a scotch before, I hear they are a lot "rougher" than a Canadian whiskey.

I'd like to keep it below $60 for a 750mL.

Last edited:
J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I was going to buy something nice for Christmas Eve for my father-in-law and I too get $hitty with. I was between Crown Royal Special Reserve (which I love) or a Glenlivet 18-year old SMS.

Any thoughts? I've never drank a scotch before, I hear they are a lot "rougher" than a Canadian whiskey.

Not long ago, I did some research for a high value scotch as a gift for my bro's bday.

I bought a bottle of Battlehill Macallan (but can't remember the specific age). Basically, for this product (they make others too), they buy the casks directly from Macallan, and make their own in them. The difference is that it costs a lot less, and/or you can get much older ages for the same price. From what I remember, they use differing ages to distinguish themselves, I think of numbers maybe like 11yr, 13yr, 15yr, or something. I bet all of those would hit your budget, but I just don't know if you can find it near you.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

I do enjoy me some Crown Royal. A little on the rocks goes down so smooth. I don't have a taste for scotch though. Tastes like rust in a glass to me.
:eek:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I do enjoy me some Crown Royal. A little on the rocks goes down so smooth. I don't have a taste for scotch though. Tastes like rust in a glass to me.
:eek:
I don't drink scotch either, but it's mostly because of higher prices.

Latest high value I've found is a handle of Bulleit for $33. That's a bargain.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've never drank a scotch before ...
That's incredible. What is also incredible is that I have never bought a bottle of Crown. It never appealed to me the few times I tried it but beyond that I think the Glenlivet is a more tasteful gift. Scotch is the drink of snobs and the Glenlivet is a milder sample of the single malts and more likely to appeal to a wider group of palates. I think my choice is clear.

EDIT: Man, I need a drink. :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

There's a huge range of taste in single malt. I would consider Dalwhinnie as being on the lighter side. Or, Glen Breton, which is even lighter. My personal favourite is Talisker. It has strong smoke and peat flavours - you might not like that one.;)

For an alternative to Crown Royal amongst rye whiskys, I have a fondness for Alberta Springs. Its stablemate, Alberta Premium, is the only 100% rye on the market, IIRC. You might want to try that as well. To be classified as a rye, it only has to 51% rye.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
There's a huge range of taste in single malt. I would consider Dalwhinnie as being on the lighter side. Or, Glen Breton, which is even lighter. My personal favourite is Talisker. It has strong smoke and peat flavours - you might not like that one.;)

For an alternative to Crown Royal amongst rye whiskys, I have a fondness for Alberta Springs. Its stablemate, Alberta Premium, is the only 100% rye on the market, IIRC. You might want to try that as well. To be classified as a rye, it only has to 51% rye.
It looks like Alberta Premium is crazy difficult to get in the states, which is unfortunate since I thought I'd give it a try. Can you still freely get it up north?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It looks like Alberta Premium is crazy difficult to get in the states, which is unfortunate since I thought I'd give it a try. Can you still freely get it up north?
Absotively! The liqour stores are full of it. Amongst people in the know, it's an excellent whisky. The problem is that they market it as a rather "lowbrow" whisky and it doesn't get the respect it deserves. On the plus side, it keeps the price reasonable.:)

That's why single malts command the prices they get - marketing as premium products. Don't get me wrong - I love my single malts - I just don't like what I have to pay for them. I certainly don't drink a single malt when I'm in the mood to party. Leads to an expensive hangover....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis