Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Since Doug made me change my avatar at Facebook, I thought it would be a good idea for Audioholics, too.

Change your avatar to a cartoon character from your childhood. Show your support to stopping child abuse.
A noble cause.

Done.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Goodbye beloved rower. The wife claims you hurt knees, but I know you only hurt her ego. Jealous of my good looks the wife must try to fatten me up again.
---
Hello stationary bike you take 3 times longer to get a real workout on, but the wife wants you instead. Jealous of my good looks she knows that me working out less will let her catch up.

Hey it's a boring day what the heck. :rolleyes: Cardio Machines = boring. My stories = boring. My stories about cardio machines boring times 2.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Just got the good word. A corporate restructure effecting IT only and once again, I'm forced to look for work. :( . Whatever happned to the days of good solid work being rewarded with the ability to stay on with a company.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Just got the good word. A corporate restructure effecting IT only and once again, I'm forced to look for work. :( . Whatever happned to the days of good solid work being rewarded with the ability to stay on with a company.
Right before Christmas? :mad:

That really sucks.
Sorry about the news.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
... so I'm in bed with Barely Legal and and Enthusiastic Thirty Something when the door bursts open and it's this really pissed off man about my age. By the way he made a B-line for the closet you'd think that I was in his bed with his daughter and his g/f. I run for the door as he is pulling this huge rifle out of the closet and trying to assemble it while he mutters to it and calls it Monique. I don't care about much but getting out of there before he can get a shot off at me. I realize that in this dream I am black and it's okay with me as it seems to lend itself to running real fast. Then the shots come and sh!t starts blowing up around me. Monique is not being fired with a lot of accuracy. I run faster hoping to make it to this really wide tree for some cover. I wake up ...

I am exhausted and running all this through my head as I pour a cup of coffee. My g/f who got up minutes before me asks if I was dreaming. Not wanting to admit to this embarrassing infidelity I respond with, "why do you ask?" She says,"cause it seemed like you were running."
When you told that story, all I can think of is the incident with M.C. Gainey's character in "Sideways". :D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
... so I'm in bed with Barely Legal and and Enthusiastic Thirty Something when the door bursts open and it's this really pissed off man about my age. By the way he made a B-line for the closet you'd think that I was in his bed with his daughter and his g/f. I run for the door as he is pulling this huge rifle out of the closet and trying to assemble it while he mutters to it and calls it Monique. I don't care about much but getting out of there before he can get a shot off at me. I realize that in this dream I am black and it's okay with me as it seems to lend itself to running real fast. Then the shots come and sh!t starts blowing up around me. Monique is not being fired with a lot of accuracy. I run faster hoping to make it to this really wide tree for some cover. I wake up ...

I am exhausted and running all this through my head as I pour a cup of coffee. My g/f who got up minutes before me asks if I was dreaming. Not wanting to admit to this embarrassing infidelity I respond with, "why do you ask?" She says,"cause it seemed like you were running."
At least you got some excercise.:D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry to read this man. I hope it turns out that you end up with a much better job in the end.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, is this some people wearing nice suits and making their decisions based on numbers in an excel spreadsheet... tough... good luck !!
Make it an opportunity to find a better job!

Last edited:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Man that sucks. I've had a few jobs that I got laid off of just before Christmas. I don't know why people do that. It makes baby Jesus Cry.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I've been anti-corporate ever since I got laid off from my first job. Some might call me jaded, I just think of myself as experienced. I never feel bad about job hopping, because capitalism comes before loyalty and taking care of people these days.

Sorry to hear of your job though, it always sucks and I really wish you the best. Hopefully you can find something else that can be both rewarding and challenging.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
That sucks! Sorry to hear. :(

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Your loyalty should of course be with the ones that's close to you... you do what you need towards the employer(s) that gives you the best run long term, do you think your employer is gonna care the day you get sick and in trouble? It's probably time to be cynical in this sense

You can see what happened with EDS the moment HP took over, I worked with EDS a while ago and at that time it seemed like a very good company.... far from what we're hearing now :mad:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I never thought of EDS as a good company.
It's the people that make the company and while I was there... in Australia, there were many good people around (some not so good too :eek:) but mainly I enjoyed it a lot back then some 10 years ago, but things have changed dramatically from what I know....

I cannot say anything about how EDS is or has been in US, only my epxeriences from the land of down under :p

However, there were some dark shadows over the company then too but they didn't bother me or others much but some things were controlled from the elite in Plano TX, and some things they just controlled too much... you do it our way.. they say.... or you do it in another company :eek:

It was also interesting where EDS put the headquarters for the Asia Pacific region, Asia Pacific mainly invokes Australia, New Zealand and southeast Asia (China, India +++) They put the headquarters for this region in Hawaii, so there was the place where the corporate bosses would live and breathe, thousands of miles away from the people they're leading, but in a very very comfortable place :eek:

Wonder what was the main requirements behind the decision to make the EDS Asia Pacific HQ in Hawaii, I don't think it was about how to best help the people working for EDS...

Last edited:
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I really enjoy the land down under.

And my wife is grateful.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I really enjoy the land down under.
Me too.... it's just to much lethal stuff
White sharks, redback spider, Sydney funnel web spider, bluebottle octopussy, box jellyfish, tiger snakes, poisonous lizards +++ :eek::eek::eek:

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Me too.... it's just to much lethal stuff
White sharks, redback spider, Sydney funnel web spider, bluebottle octopussy, box jellyfish, tiger snakes, poisonous lizards +++ :eek::eek::eek:
Wow, she should probably get that checked out! :eek:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, she should probably get that checked out! :eek:
She could get an M80 firecracker. Paint it with gorilla glue, and roll it in broken glass. Then insert it down under and light the fuse. In a few moments, all those varmints would make a hasty exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis