Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
8 PM and it's 63 degrees here in beach cities, Los Angeles county. And it get really cold in the morning at about 51 degrees.;)

This coming Sunday we will get highs for about 80 degrees. Time to bike around the beach in shorts again.:cool::p

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
It's gonna be hot today...High of 44!:eek: That's about 8-10 degrees warmer than it's been. It's gonna be 52 and raining tomorrow. I guess it will be take a shower day!;):D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Currently 39F and climbing to ~45F @ 1:00 PM.
I'm off to buy a 4' brake line to install on my truck.
Now does that sound like a good time or what? :rolleyes:

All I know is that I ain't paying a dealership to do it ... well ... I know I'm gonna be hatin' it too. :eek:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Currently 39F and climbing to ~45F @ 1:00 PM.
I'm off to buy a 4' brake line to install on my truck.
Now does that sound like a good time or what? :rolleyes:

All I know is that I ain't paying a dealership to do it ... well ... I know I'm gonna be hatin' it too. :eek:
Sounds like great fun. I will keep procrastinating on the speakers and the shelves. Laziness has set in. I've not even worked out yet today!

Last night was a feast fitting for a king, two baked potatoes with about 15 strips of bacon, butter, and cheese. Polished it off with key lime Pie and 4 Pepsi Throwbacks. I fear your post may motivate effort though? What am I to do if I have effort?

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Great Convertible weather

Cruis'n with the top down - 73 degrees currently.

Later,

Forest Man ;)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Cruis'n with the top down - 73 degrees currently.

Later,

Forest Man ;)
too cold for convertibles man. Gotta be 80s at least. I love taking a convertible along the ocean. No way would I ever own one in DFW though.If buying summer tires makes it snow 3 times here. I can't imagine what buying a convertible would bring.

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Isiberian - my limits are wider

too cold for convertibles man. Gotta be 80s at least. I love taking a convertible along the ocean. No way would I ever own one in DFW though.If buying summer tires makes it snow 3 times here. I can't imagine what buying a convertible would bring.
First , Hi Isiberian .. hope all is well!

My convertible limits are a little wider: :D

low 55 degrees with full heat - shorts ( always shorts in TX :cool:) and a vest.

high 95 degrees with air con including recirculate ( just higher fan SPEED)

Take Care,

Forest Man -- Now CISSP certified :)

P.S. - My new, fairly inexpensive, TV recommendation - "Sony BRAVIA EX 400 Series 40-Inch LCD TV, Black"

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
First , Hi Isiberian .. hope all is well!

My convertible limits are a little wider: :D

low 55 degrees with full heat - shorts ( always shorts in TX :cool:) and a vest.
Man you can take the cold well.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm in a predicament. I can either:

A. get a new receiver, one that can handle my 4 ohm Behringers
or
B. get new speakers, that my receiver can handle

Both will roughly cost the same. What should I do?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

or

You could run an amp off your zone 2 so long as your source is analog ... at least I don't think the line level zone 2 outs will work off a digital source ... and this is the Boring Thread ... shame on you.

Seriously, I would post the question in General AV Discussion as the smart guys generally don't post here. It's beneath them ... they're snobs.

I think those speakers deserve a chance to be all they can be and with an amp you'll be ready for anything else that may come down the pike.

dkane360

dkane360

You could run an amp off your zone 2 so long as your source is analog ... at least I don't think the line level zone 2 outs will work off a digital source ... and this is the Boring Thread ... shame on you.

Seriously, I would post the question in General AV Discussion as the smart guys generally don't post here. It's beneath them ... they're snobs.

I think those speakers deserve a chance to be all they can be and with an amp you'll be ready for anything else that may come down the pike.
my source is the toslink from my mac. i tried the zone 2, didnt work for some reason. although to be honest, i didnt try very hard lol. I don't understand why the cheap receivers with the crap amp sections dont have pre outs, but the good receivers with the more robust amp sections do. I think I'm gonna pick up an Integra DTR 7.6. Its got a 4ohm rated amp section, plus preouts. And to top it all off... hdmi 1.1!!!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

or

Your Integra DTR 4.6 shouldn't have an issue while crossed over with your sub unless you are driving them really hard. Does the AVR get unusually hot?

Amplifier Section
Power Output
2 channels driven
90 W + 90 W (8 ohm, 20 Hz–20 kHz, FTC)
Dynamic Power
225 W + 225 W (3 ohm, Front)
170 W + 170 W (4 ohm, Front)
105 W + 105 W (8 ohm, Front)
THD (Total Harmonic Distortion)
0.08% (Power Rated)
Damping Factor
60 (Front, 1 kHz, 8ohm)
Input Sensitivity and Impedance
200 mV/ 47 kohm (LINE)
Output Level and Impedance
200 mV/ 470 ohm (REC OUT)
Frequency Response
5 Hz–100 kHz/ +1 dB-3 dB (LINE)
Tone Control
±10 dB, 50 Hz (BASS)
±10 dB, 20 kHz (TREBLE)
Signal to Noise Ratio
100 dB (LINE, IHF-A)
Speaker Impedance
6ohm–

Alex --- at least he's not posting about computers.:eek::D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Alex --- at least he's not posting about computers.:eek::D
That would be a very serious infraction.

Good thinking to look at the spec's on the 4.6. I wonder what the issue could be. They should be plenty loud for nearfield. My experience with the smaller 2030P's was that they actually would put out some volume even in a medium sized room.

I am bracing myself for rain. Working on my truck yesterday I broke the bleeder valve on one of my rear brakes and am now looking at having to redo the rear brakes completely.

Now I need to find the receipt for the lifetime warranty shoes.
That sucks almost as much as doing the brakes.
At least it's freezing outside because I really like to suffer. :rolleyes:

dkane360

dkane360

Your Integra DTR 4.6 shouldn't have an issue while crossed over with your sub unless you are driving them really hard. Does the AVR get unusually hot?
If I cross it at 80, it still does it, and if I cross any higher, the sub sounds terrible. The amp does get very hot actually. That was the first sign that something wasnt right. I thought it was just because onkyo/integras run a little hotter, but this could cook an egg after one song. The 2030 is 8 ohm, and the 2031 is 4 ohm.

Alex- yea I saw that one on audiogon, thats why I picked that model. It was the cheapest with the best range of features that I saw when I looked last night.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
... but this could cook an egg after one song.
I bet your rec'r would run just as hot with an 8 Ohm load and I bet the 7.6 will be just as toasty. Onkyos are manufactured on a different planet with a lower boiling point. It's all very scientific really. Here on Earth they contribute to global warming and the moons decaying orbit. My advice is to not worry about it and don't bother recycling either.

dkane360

dkane360

I bet your rec'r would run just as hot with an 8 Ohm load and I bet the 7.6 will be just as toasty. Onkyos are manufactured on a different planet with a lower boiling point. It's all very scientific really. Here on Earth they contribute to global warming and the moons decaying orbit. My advice is to not worry about it and don't bother recycling either.
Lol. If the 7.6 gets warm, I'll know its not because it cant power my speakers. It has preouts too, so I can hook up my adcom to it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
If I could get a 55 degree day, I'd put the top down. Massive snowfall here today.:mad:
Starting tonight, they're calling for rain - for the rest of the week!:mad: I don't need to be buried in snow, but I do like a white Christmas and it ain't looking very likely, at this point...:(

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That would be a very serious infraction.

Good thinking to look at the spec's on the 4.6. I wonder what the issue could be. They should be plenty loud for nearfield. My experience with the smaller 2030P's was that they actually would put out some volume even in a medium sized room.

I am bracing myself for rain. Working on my truck yesterday I broke the bleeder valve on one of my rear brakes and am now looking at having to redo the rear brakes completely.

Now I need to find the receipt for the lifetime warranty shoes.
That sucks almost as much as doing the brakes.
At least it's freezing outside because I really like to suffer. :rolleyes:
I used to do a lot of my own mechanical work, but it's gotten to the point where it just isn't worth the bother anymore. I don't have a lot of spare time and the situation you find yourself in has happened to me on more than one occasion. Either you don't have the right tool, or you have everything apart and discover you need something else. At which point, you now don't have a fully assembled vehicle with which to go get the needed part. :rolleyes:

I've had 3 brake lines let go on my Ranger - one at a time. I'm just waiting for the 4th to go on me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis