RBH Sound Owner's Thread

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Adrenaline works...only for long as it lasts...you will feel the burn afterwards, but no pain, no gain :)

I did not enjoy moving my 100lbs Triton Ones up/down stairs, but it is doable and fortunately your speakers are in 2 pieces which should make the trip a lot less painful. I am curious your feedback once they are up
That's nothing but dead weight, and your going upstairs wow,. I see you eat your Wheaties to accomplished that feat,.
100lbs, I though that was a misprint when I saw that but your spot on. I tried the move the ones at my dealer in Daytona and that cabinet is very solid.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Front Heights.

The standard non-reference series 61 will be great enough.

I think the Denon 4520 alone is more than enough for the 5 speakers. Set speakers to small, XO 80Hz, and bi-amp the 8300s w/ LFE & external amp (like HSU sub amp).

No need for additional amps until you just have the itch like the rest of us and want something like an ATI AT2005. But it most likely won't be because you actually need the amp. You just want one. ;)
One day my ATI2002 will come back as a 2005. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's nothing but dead weight, and your going upstairs wow,. I see you eat your Wheaties to accomplished that feat,.
100lbs, I though that was a misprint when I saw that but your spot on. I tried the move the ones at my dealer in Daytona and that cabinet is very solid.
Yeah, when it comes to dead weight speakers, I want all the gain and no pain. :D

Hence, modular towers. ;)

My days of big towers (DT BP7000SC, DT BP7001SC, Salon2, 802D2, Phil3) are over.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, I do work out, but even still, it was a chore. Fortunately these speakers are packed extremely well, I took them out of the box, they are wrapped and taped up and reinforced with heavy cardboard/particleboard? encased in Styrofoam.

I was able to move them up the stairs lifting with my legs and take them up step by step... was not fun, especially when I had to replace a speaker that arrived defective.

Modular is the way to go, but damn...they sound so good :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, I do work out, but even still, it was a chore. Fortunately these speakers are packed extremely well, I took them out of the box, they are wrapped and taped up and reinforced with heavy cardboard/particleboard? encased in Styrofoam.

I was able to move them up the stairs lifting with my legs and take them up step by step... was not fun, especially when I had to replace a speaker that arrived defective.

Modular is the way to go, but damn...they sound so good :)
Just keep them forever and don't ever sell them. ;)

Are these the last set of loudspeakers you will ever need ? :D

We need to start a thread "The Last Set of Loudspeakers I Will Ever Need". :eek: :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Just keep them forever and don't ever sell them. ;)

Are these the last set of loudspeakers you will ever need ? :D

We need to start a thread "The Last Set of Loudspeakers I Will Ever Need". :eek: :D

The last loudspeakers I will ever need....yes

The last loudspeakers I will ever want or buy.......probably not :) That is how we keep these companies in business :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The last loudspeakers I will ever need....yes

The last loudspeakers I will ever want or buy.......probably not :) That is how we keep these companies in business :D
Good point. It should be "Last loudspeakers I will ever WANT". :D

No one would believe. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That would be a very short thread. ;)
Who would dare say, right? :D

I should add, "The last loudspeakers I will ever want.......unless I win the lottery." :D

Anyway, no word from my dealer regarding the last loudspeaker I will ever want unless I win the lottery. :D

So I will give him a call later today to get an update. Otherwise, I will contact RBH directly.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Bummer. :( Just talked to my dealer on phone. My RBH speakers are ready to ship from RBH's end. But there was a miscommunication between my dealer and RBH. So RBH has not shipped the speakers to my dealer yet. My dealer is out of town in FL on an installation project. But he assures me that when he gets back on Monday, he would take care of it.

Well, I'm disappointed, but as long as I get the speakers THIS MONTH of October, I will be happy enough.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Bummer. :( Just talked to my dealer on phone. My RBH speakers are ready to ship from RBH's end. But there was a miscommunication between my dealer and RBH. So RBH has not shipped the speakers to my dealer yet. My dealer is out of town in FL on an installation project. But he assures me that when he gets back on Monday, he would take care of it.

Well, I'm disappointed, but as long as I get the speakers THIS MONTH of October, I will be happy enough.
:( .....Just remember there are only 28 days left in October...should we start a pool on which day you get your speakers :)

I feel your pain, I had to wait about 2 extra weeks due to some strike at the loading docs for mine. I actually logged on today to see if you were getting them sorry about the bad news.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
:( .....Just remember there are only 28 days left in October...should we start a pool on which day you get your speakers :)

I feel your pain, I had to wait about 2 extra weeks due to some strike at the loading docs for mine. I actually logged on today to see if you were getting them sorry about the bad news.
I am definitely bummed out. :(

I will be conservative and predict that I will get them in 3 weeks. :eek:

That way if I actually get them before that time, I will feel good. :D

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
^ and a steep discount on shipping/installation or at least uncrating all those things for you and bringing them in for you to set up?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
^ and a steep discount on shipping/installation or at least uncrating all those things for you and bringing them in for you to set up?
I guess like they say, no pain no gain. :eek:

I'm sure after I actually get my RBH speakers and I look back on this, I will most likely say that it was all worth it.

But it sure hurts plenty until I get my speakers. I'm only human after all. :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I am definitely bummed out. :(

I will be conservative and predict that I will get them in 3 weeks. :eek:

That way if I actually get them before that time, I will feel good. :D

hey stop whining, you wanted this long you can wait a few weeks more. :D, do some honey do's, relax.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I do feel bad for you.

That's what you get for not ordering internet direct :p :p :p :p :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis