RBH Sound Owner's Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Right. I wonder how they would compare to the Sierra 2's in the highs and mids..
It depends on whom you ask. :D

How about asking, "How does the Sierra 2 compare to the $12,000 Status Acoustics bookshelf in the highs and midrange?" :D

Or how the RAAL tweeter compares to the Scan-Speak 9500 tweeter? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There's also a price to pay in sensitivity, with the AT-2 being a bit below average at 85dB vs the KEF/SVS measuring in at 90dB/90.5dB respectively.
True. The AT-2 is 85dB/2.83v/m, the RBH SX-661 is 90dB/2.83v/m, and the RBH SX-T1 is 92dB/2.83v/m. Since most of us have subs in one form or another, I would side with higher sensitivity. :D

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
What is the difference between the T-2P and T-2P/R?
The website says:
Increased audio quality and higher power handling are just two of the enhancements the T-2/R has over the T-2. The 1010-SE/R’s long-throw subwoofers increase the T-2/R’s bass accuracy and overall output capability.
I don't understand. What does that mean for me?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What is the difference between the T-2P and T-2P/R?
I don't understand. What does that mean for me?
The "R" is the Reference line.

Status Acoustics is the ultra-expensive high-end flagship brand of RBH. Status Acoustics speakers use higher end drivers.

The "R" = Reference line of RBH gets you the Status Acoustics drivers.

The "R" has more power handling, more dynamics, more SPL output before distortion. More extreme. :D

But in the end, although some people can tell the difference (probably at crazy higher volumes), some people will probably not be able to tell the difference (especially at under 95dB volume).

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Comparing specs of the Aperion Grand Towers and RBH SX-T1/R, they look similar. Both are (+/- 3dB) 45-20,000 Hz. The RBH modular design means I could start w/ just 2 of the SX-T1/Rs. It would seem a pretty much apples to apples replacement for the Aperions, (which I could move to my surround rears). Since I already have 2 nice subs, I may or may not chose to add the 1010s later. Reasonable plan?

The sensitivity also seems comparable, 91dB and 92dB. But the T1/Rs are 4ohms while the Aperions are 6ohms, and the recommended power is 100-500w for the T1/Rs, and 20-300w for the Aperions. I'm pushing 200wpc w/ an Emotiva XPA-5. The rare and very loudest I every push my AVR is 0dB. LOUD music is usually -15dB. Normal is -30dB. So I'm nowhere near pushing even 200w, right? And w/ similar sensitivity, volume from the T1/Rs should also be similar, right?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Comparing specs of the Aperion Grand Towers and RBH SX-T1/R, they look similar. Both are (+/- 3dB) 45-20,000 Hz. The RBH modular design means I could start w/ just 2 of the SX-T1/Rs. It would seem a pretty much apples to apples replacement for the Aperions, (which I could move to my surround rears). Since I already have 2 nice subs, I may or may not chose to add the 1010s later. Reasonable plan?

The sensitivity also seems comparable, 91dB and 92dB. But the T1/Rs are 4ohms while the Aperions are 6ohms, and the recommended power is 100-500w for the T1/Rs, and 20-300w for the Aperions. I'm pushing 200wpc w/ an Emotiva XPA-5. The rare and very loudest I every push my AVR is 0dB. LOUD music is usually -15dB. Normal is -30dB. So I'm nowhere near pushing even 200w, right? And w/ similar sensitivity, volume from the T1/Rs should also be similar, right?
I've heard the Aperion. They sound good. But I'm not going to just compare specs between any speakers and call it even. :D

But this is my mind. The reason I am 100% happy going from Revel Salon2, B&W 802D2, KEF 201/2, Linkwitz Orion3, and Philharmonic 3 to SX-T2/R (which is SX-T1/R + 1010) is because I think the RBH is very special.

You won't need more power than 200WPC for the SX-T1/R. My dealer was driving the T2/R with a Denon 3312 AVR. No sweat.

And, of course, you don't have to get SX-1010. I just love the looks of a big bad tower SX-T2. :D

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I've heard the Aperion. They sound good. But I'm not going to just compare specs between any speakers and call it even.
Thanks. What I meant by "apples to apples" is with similar frequency response, the SX-T1/R won't sound better because it digs deeper. If it sounds better to me, it's because it sounds better within the same frequencies. So it seems a listening comparison would be a fair matchup.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks. What I meant by "apples to apples" is with similar frequency response, the SX-T1/R won't sound better because it digs deeper. If it sounds better to me, it's because it sounds better within the same frequencies. So it seems a listening comparison would be a fair matchup.
True that. :)

The T1 will sound better because it has better clarity, detail, resolution, imaging, and soundstage. ;)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Have you noticed that when you Google RBH speakers, you get a lot of what look to be Russian sites?
I did, "rbh SX-T1/R", and got 11 sites on the first 3 pages that seem to be Russian or Slavic.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Have you noticed that when you Google RBH speakers, you get a lot of what look to be Russian sites?
I did, "rbh SX-T1/R", and got 11 sites on the first 3 pages that seem to be Russian or Slavic.
I just entered exactly "RBH SX-T1/R" on Google. On the first page I got all American sites - 6 from RBH website, 1 from Audioholics, AVS forum, Sound & Vision Magazine, Audio Review, etc.

On the 2nd page, I got international sites. :D

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
You can set Google to show only English pages using the lang tag.

Try searching for the same thing on startpage.com. It searches Google without using your 'profile' which changes results based on things like location and search history.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Sucks to be ADTG... He has to go home and only listen to his Linkwitz Orions with Excel W22 woofer and Seas Millenium tweeter.

Wait, lol.

You can last another few months :p

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Sucks to be ADTG... He has to go home and only listen to his Linkwitz Orions with Excel W22 woofer and Seas Millenium tweeter.

Wait, lol.

You can last another few months :p
Absolutely. The man definitely has first-world problems - no wait - one-percent problems. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm whinny like a little girl, aren't I? :D

Don't get me wrong. The Orion are fantastic. I've just never listened to them exclusively for 3 months before. It feels........monogamous. I got a reputation to uphold, you know? :eek:

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I'm whinny like a little girl, aren't I? :D
Not gonna respond to that.

:D

Just gonna grin and not respond to that.

Don't get me wrong. The Orion are fantastic. I've just never listened to them exclusively for 3 months before. It feels........monogamous. I got a reputation to uphold, you know? :eek:
I still remember when you sold your DefTechs and got the Orions. You were so monogamous with those. But it sure didn't take you long to get KEF, Revel, ATC, Dynaudio, etc after.

Can you be monogomous to RBH?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I still remember when you sold your DefTechs and got the Orions. You were so monogamous with those. But it sure didn't take you long to get KEF, Revel, ATC, Dynaudio, etc after.

Can you be monogomous to RBH?
I can hardly remember that. Seems like a lifetime ago. :D

I really feel the RBH are my last speakers. All speakers do have compromises for sure. But I believe the T2s have just the characters I want...... If I ever get them. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis