RBH Sound Owner's Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Have you ever been without a major audio purchase for that long before? I hope you're under a doctor's care. You seem a little shaky.
Definitely on the edge.

I have self-prescribed a high-dose continuous infusion regimen of TV shows.

It is, of course, only short-term and won't be able to control my manic-depressive-anxiety state of mind for too long. :eek:

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, it has been 3 months.
Just go into your pill drawer and find something to ease the anxiety, stress and panic attacks. You know what to do :D
I need to call your wife and advise her to get you doing some real work around the house...:eek: :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just go into your pill drawer and find something to ease the anxiety, stress and panic attacks. You know what to do :D
I need to call your wife and advise her to get you doing some real work around the house...:eek: :D
LOL. No, I'll stay strong and take it like a man. ;)

Real house work? No way. Sweating and stuff? Kidding me? I'm already working 40hrs a week! :eek: :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
LOL. No, I'll stay strong and take it like a man. ;)

Real house work? No way. Sweating and stuff? Kidding me? I'm already working 40hrs a week! :eek: :D
40 hrs, darn man I spend 40hrs a week working at retirement, talk about hard work :D

Those RBH's will be here soon and then you can write a honest review comparing them to the OTHER speakers you used to own.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
40 hrs, darn man I spend 40hrs a week working at retirement, talk about hard work :D

Those RBH's will be here soon and then you can write a honest review comparing them to the OTHER speakers you used to own.
Yeah, hopefully soon.

As many components as I've bought and waited a long time for (KEF 201/2, Salon2, Orion, Phil3, Funk 18.0, Focal), it still doesn't get any easier waiting.

I'll keep you guys posted next week whether or not shipping takes place from RBH to the dealer. Hopefully no other issues. Stay tuned. :D

Last edited:
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
40 hrs, darn man I spend 40hrs a week working at retirement
Always laugh when I hear somebody refer to 40hrs/week as "full time". I could take a couple days vacation and still do 40 hrs that week. And I used to walk 4 miles to school, barefoot and uphill both ways. These kids today are so spoiled. :rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Always laugh when I hear somebody refer to 40hrs/week as "full time". I could take a couple days vacation and still do 40 hrs that week. And I used to walk 4 miles to school, barefoot and uphill both ways. These kids today are so spoiled. :rolleyes:
So what's fulltime ? :eek: :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
So true. Not to mention the movies were a quarter and gas was 50cents a gallon. Man I miss those years. You could purchase so much more back then. Still have my 69 Z28 which is undergoing a total frame off restoration .

These "kids" today, cell phones, computers games yep kids are so spoiled and my two daughters know it. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So true. Not to mention the movies were a quarter and gas was 50cents a gallon. Man I miss those years. You could purchase so much more back then. Still have my 69 Z28 which is undergoing a total frame off restoration .
Did you get a rebuilt engine for the Z28 or is it the original?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
So what's fulltime ? :eek: :D
For me, fulltime was 60-70 hrs/week. First meeting 7am, 9pm call at night, Mon-Fri. Sat/Sun morning & evening calls were not unusual. Holidays? A US holiday doesn't mean China/Japan/Mexico shut down. Vacations? Thanks to cellphones and laptops, (I warned 'em), conf call attendance was still possible and often expected. Retire at 57? You bet!!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For me, fulltime was 60-70 hrs/week. First meeting 7am, 9pm call at night, Mon-Fri. Sat/Sun morning & evening calls were not unusual. Holidays? A US holiday doesn't mean China/Japan/Mexico shut down. Vacations? Thanks to cellphones and laptops, (I warned 'em), conf call attendance was still possible and often expected. Retire at 57? You bet!!!
So you work 60-70 hrs/wk so you can retire @ 57 yr old?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
So you work 60-70 hrs/wk so you can retire @ 57 yr old?
Nope. Worked 60-70 hrs/wk because that was the job I worked into. Worked there 30+ years. The job I ultimately ended up with was a 60-70 hr job. My choice. Knew it going in. No problem. No complaints. When we hit our retirement savings goal, I retired. And still, no problem, no complaints. :)
But like I used to hear my grandfather and father do, now I have fun poking the younger generation(s) about being lazy. That's why I worked in the comment about walking to school. I didn't really do that. I rode the short bus.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Wow. I was thinking most car engines don't last 45 years. :)
Oh sure when it only has low miles on it. My tour in the military and a smart car collector told me to store and buy something else. So I bought a jeep and drove that thing to death. I would drive the Z on weekends or to car shows but that is about it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nope. Worked 60-70 hrs/wk because that was the job I worked into. Worked there 30+ years. The job I ultimately ended up with was a 60-70 hr job. My choice. Knew it going in. No problem. No complaints. When we hit our retirement savings goal, I retired. And still, no problem, no complaints. :)
But like I used to hear my grandfather and father do, now I have fun poking the younger generation(s) about being lazy. That's why I worked in the comment about walking to school. I didn't really do that. I rode the short bus.
So now you duly get to enjoy your retirement (cars, speakers, etc.) and the lazy younger generation gets to work their butts off. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh sure when it only has low miles on it. My tour in the military and a smart car collector told me to store and buy something else. So I bought a jeep and drove that thing to death. I would drive the Z on weekends or to car shows but that is about it.
I see. So most of the time the Z is just sitting pretty inside your garage like your speakers are sitting inside your house. Sometimes I see a slight similarity between buying a personal "collection" car and buying speakers. Sometimes. :D

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
So now you duly get to enjoy your retirement (cars, speakers, etc.) and the lazy younger generation gets to work their butts off. :D
Exactly! And not only work their butts off, but listen to me tell them how easy they have it compared to "back in the day".
Life is good! :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Exactly! And not only work their butts off, but listen to me tell them how easy they have it compared to "back in the day".
Life is good! :D
Well, you retirement guys earned it! :D

Do you have a "list" of things to check off?

House, Home Theater System, Car, etc.?

Sometimes I feel like I have to make a "list" in order to get a since of "completion". :D

Like if I could complete this artificial list, then I wouldn't have to worry about it when I retire in 20 years or something. :D

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
In the words of Jerry Seinfeld, "I made a Bucket list. Then, I changed the B to an F"

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis