RBH Sound Owner's Thread

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
LOL. You mean the five 61" tall towers are my new family? Well, they are certainly big and heavy enough. :D
Turn the center channel horizontal so your family can see the screen while watching movies :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Turn the center channel horizontal so your family can see the screen while watching movies :)
Probably 99% of all people would do that.

I'm that 1%. :D

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Probably 99% of all people would do that.

I'm that 1%. :D
I am just curious how you are going to set the center channel up since its over 5' tall. My speakers are 55" tall and there is no way I would want to mount my projector screen that high.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Just got FedEx tracking number. ETA is this Friday 10/17. :D

Family coming over for the weekend, so I may not have time to get things set up until Sunday.
Oh Geez! Down to the short rows. I can imagine the distracted and preoccupied conversations w/ your family. A lot of, "Uh huh"... "Right"... "I'm sorry, what?"... "What time do you need to leave?"... "Can ya'll help me move a couple boxes?"... :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh Geez! Down to the short rows. I can imagine the distracted and preoccupied conversations w/ your family. A lot of, "Uh huh"... "Right"... "I'm sorry, what?"... "What time do you need to leave?"... "Can ya'll help me move a couple boxes?"... :D
LOL. Yeah. "I love you guys, but what time are you leaving again, so I can play with my speakers?" :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Are they here yet :D
Eagle has landed. But all boxed up. I must be getting old or something. But those boxes look scary. Will need some help from friends/family later this weekend to set up speakers. :)

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Eagle has landed. But all boxed up. I must be getting old or something. But those boxes look scary. Will need some help from friends/family later this weekend to set up speakers. :)
If you were close, I would help. Not sure a drive from Florida is in the cards this weekend..:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
And there it is... the silver lining!!!
Well, you know how it is when distant relatives come and the wife has you running all kinds of errands. :eek:

I just lock up my HT room in the mean time. :)

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
I kinda understand how you might feel, I pulled up to the house from work yesterday to my new amp on the porch. It is in a box in my living room floor right now unopened, and I'm in a hotel room 300 miles away on a mini vacation with my wife for our anniversary.
Of course you had to wait a lot longer then I did, and yours is just right across the hallway... yeah I suppose mine doesn't compare... ☺

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I so feel your pain my back wished I would have waited to get help to move my T1s, but I was too pumped up to get them out of the box and fortunately avoided a hernia :). Smart decision to get help, and it saves a lot of pain

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Alright guys. Finally got the speakers hooked up, but have not even run Audyssey or completely dial them in yet. The wife wanted to watch TV shows, so that's what we did. :D

But I am ecstatic to report that these 60" towers are as awesome sounding as I recall, maybe even more impressive.

The Center channel sounds awesome for dialogue.

Now, yes, it is 60" tall, but remember my wife and I lie down on our lounge chairs to watch. We've been lying down to watch for 14 years now. So although the screen is up above 60", it never bothers us. It feels very natural to us with our heads on the soft pillows looking up and being extremely comfortable on our backs. :D

I will be fine tuning the system and doing a lot more listening and then write my review. :D

I've posted the pictures of the RBH speakers on Photobucket as well.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Looks nice. Imagine how nice they will sound when you pull the LR further apart :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Looks nice. Imagine how nice they will sound when you pull the LR further apart :)
Good point. I haven't had the chance to move them around yet. But will experiment eventually. :D

But even right out of the box, they already sound spectacular. I guess great speakers don't need a lot of help to sound great. Theoretically they should even improve upon further fine tuning. So even better sound than now is always a good thing. :D

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Now that's awesome looking! I bet it sounds incredible. After pulling them apart and fine tuning I'd love to hear them. That's a lot of dynamics and bass for a fairly small footprint! I like

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Alright guys. Finally got the speakers hooked up, but have not even run Audyssey or completely dial them in yet. The wife wanted to watch TV shows, so that's what we did. :D

But I am ecstatic to report that these 60" towers are as awesome sounding as I recall, maybe even more impressive.

The Center channel sounds awesome for dialogue.

Now, yes, it is 60" tall, but remember my wife and I lie down on our lounge chairs to watch. We've been lying down to watch for 14 years now. So although the screen is up above 60", it never bothers us. It feels very natural to us with our heads on the soft pillows looking up and being extremely comfortable on our backs. :D

I will be fine tuning the system and doing a lot more listening and then write my review. :D

I've posted the pictures of the RBH speakers on Photobucket as well.

You're insane! What are those red things to the sides of the speakers? Perhaps you can swap them to get more distance between your mains?

Also put the carpet spikes as it will help clean up bass response. Just put a coin under the spikes so you don't damage your rug.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis