Radical catholic supreme court nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
You know it doesn't matter if you are a Christian if you're a Muslim, if you're a Jew. It doesn't matter what your beliefs are. It's all about Morals and Ethics it's about knowing the difference of Right and Wrong. Doesn't matter what your religion is. You guys are all Full of Sh_t

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I am going to point out here the following. The founders of our constitutional government were well aware of the Greek state democracy. When the majority leaves off it's restraint, they become abusive to the minority. The republican form was deliberately chosen to limit the tyranny of the majority and force a national consensus. The judiciary is not the place for reinterpretation of the law but in the minds of many this has become the place to change law. The proper place is in the legislature and not at the judicial bench. If congressional representatives are not doing their jobs in changing law that should be changed, the ballot box is the proper place for the corrective and not the judicial bench. A constitution that can be changed on a whim of a judge makes a governing document of no consequence and sends us down either the direction of a tyranny by dictatorship or lawlessness neither of which I want to see. Packing the court to push an opinion rather than judges that are supposed to hew to a standard is the base of the current argument. I won't be drawn into debate here, but we need a restrained conservative set of judges at all levels to protect us all from the malefactor and excesses of the legal system against the small guy. If law needs changed, it needs to be done in the legislature! Go vote your preference.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Are you crazy that's one of the most absurd things I think I've heard. You don't just turn it off it's always in your head it's what you do it if that's the difference. You're telling me she can't do what he does that's bulshit complete crap
Well, we will see. Unfortunately if you are wrong, it cannot be easily corrected.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I know she did before the hearing, but what people seem to forget about that argument is that IVF is no longer an option for people if the SCOTUS agrees with that standpoint.

Religion needs to be removed from the courts. If we start making laws based on religious beliefs, we have to take ALL religions into account. No matter how much people won't agree with that.
Yes, that too, and who knows what else is on the chopping block, marriage? And perhaps a dozen more?
Almost everything is on the chopping block except a couple of "super" precedence.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

You know it doesn't matter if you are a Christian if you're a Muslim, if you're a Jew. It doesn't matter what your beliefs are. It's all about Morals and Ethics it's about knowing the difference of Right and Wrong. Doesn't matter what your religion is. You guys are all Full of Sh_t
Yes, we are, hopefully that is allowed?
Yes, it shouldn't matter but it happens all the time. As to morals and ethics, whose? Is there only one true morals and ethics? Where?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
In our Quebec province until the 1950's, the Catholic church was ruling. Fortunately, it has lost its power since people started to wake up and get more education. Today, it only controls the people who believe in it and the ones who are afraid to go to hell.
Hell only exists on this planet. There are a lot of reasons to believe that God never existed. I no longer believe in his existence, but I believe in the power of the Universe.

highfigh

highfigh

Didn't she bring up her belief about life at conception, a religious belief, at the hearing? I think she did. Certainly in publications.
She did, but if she ever says "My lord tells me that.....", it's trouble.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I am going to point out here the following. The founders of our constitutional government were well aware of the Greek state democracy. When the majority leaves off it's restraint, they become abusive to the minority. The republican form was deliberately chosen to limit the tyranny of the majority and force a national consensus. The judiciary is not the place for reinterpretation of the law but in the minds of many this has become the place to change law. The proper place is in the legislature and not at the judicial bench. If congressional representatives are not doing their jobs in changing law that should be changed, the ballot box is the proper place for the corrective and not the judicial bench. A constitution that can be changed on a whim of a judge makes a governing document of no consequence and sends us down either the direction of a tyranny by dictatorship or lawlessness neither of which I want to see. Packing the court to push an opinion rather than judges that are supposed to hew to a standard is the base of the current argument. I won't be drawn into debate here, but we need a restrained conservative set of judges at all levels to protect us all from the malefactor and excesses of the legal system against the small guy. If law needs changed, it needs to be done in the legislature! Go vote your preference.
Interesting, maybe. How about the tyranny of majority in the senate? Why are there 400++ bills sitting in Moscow Mitch's desk collecting dust? Why was Obama shafted with his nominee? Because they could! Tyranny of the majority.
Reinterpreting the law happens all the time, it is relative to where you stand. There are no absolutes, maybe death.

Changing laws in legislation? Another tyranny of majority. Supreme court interprets laws all the time. Why to 80++ 5-4 decisions?
Why conservative judges? Is that a reflection on something?
While changing the constitution is not easy it happens, sometimes fast other times slooooly.
What was prohibition about? Who pushed that agenda?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

In our Quebec province until the 1950's, the Catholic church was ruling. Fortunately, it has lost its power since people started to wake up and get more education. Today, it only controls the people who believe in it and the ones who are afraid to go to hell.
Hell only exists on this planet. There are a lot of reasons to believe that God never existed. I no longer believe in his existence, but I believe in the power of the Universe.
Yep, the power of the universe, the natural universe. :D
Maybe we will wake up as well but I may not live that long. Not hopeful.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Interesting, maybe. How about the tyranny of majority in the senate? Why are there 400++ bills sitting in Moscow Mitch's desk collecting dust? Why was Obama shafted with his nominee? Because they could! Tyranny of the majority.
Reinterpreting the law happens all the time, it is relative to where you stand. There are no absolutes, maybe death.

Changing laws in legislation? Another tyranny of majority. Supreme court interprets laws all the time. Why to 80++ 5-4 decisions?
Why conservative judges? Is that a reflection on something?
While changing the constitution is not easy it happens, sometimes fast other times slooooly.
What was prohibition about? Who pushed that agenda?
In the senate, the states are what is represented not necessarily the will of the city majority. It is part of our republic. Only the house is representative of the people by design. The distributed form of government is designed to slow legislation. The fact you don't like it, instead of grousing, go and vote.

highfigh

highfigh

Purgatory is in Colorado. I hear that it's nice this time of year.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

In the senate, the states are what is represented not necessarily the will of the city majority. It is part of our republic. Only the house is representative of the people by design. The distributed form of government is designed to slow legislation. The fact you don't like it, instead of grousing, go and vote.
Oh, I do vote, better believe that. :)
People do elect senators and it may be disproportionate to overall population, yes but they are elected by people in their state just like representatives but more of those based on population. And who are those senators?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Getting paid a living salary for a full-time job and having medical coverage aren't radical left ideas, but basic human rights.
There's no such thing as "basic human rights" as you describe anywhere in US laws. The Declaration of Independence defined "inalienable rights", which are "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", but "basic human rights" are undefined and not supported by any laws I've heard of. In other words, legally in the US basic human rights don't exist. The only attempt I've seen at a basic human right law was Medicare for All, which seemed to have support only if someone else paid for it. I can't believe I'll see any economic basic rights law passed by Congress and signed by a President in my lifetime. But, who knows? I never thought I'd live to see a President like Donald Trump either.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I agree, the religion in questions isn't relevant one bit. It could be anything and it wouldn't bother me, but the second a SCOTUS judge uses their religion as a basis for a decision, it's a problem.

Their job is to interpret the law, as long as they do that (and it's maybe supported by the majority of citizens) then I'm good.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Separation of church and state was a really good idea. Religions tend to be a bit nutty....and our politics just don't need that extra bit! :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Separation of church and state was a really good idea. Religions tend to be a bit nutty....and our politics just don't need that extra bit! :)
Even if they weren't, there are simply too many to try and make happy. That's why that exists in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis