Radical catholic supreme court nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Im not talking about you. Comment was directed directly at Trell
Gosh!!! Very, very good that you are on the "path" to clear your misconceptions. I guess that is a full time job, if you have any, that is.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
How do you feel about the radical Left? How about Biden..
words "Biden" and "Radical left" don't belong in the same line. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool, brainwashed by Fox and friends, or have an agenda. Biden is extremely central. In fact, GOP voters should do themselves a favor and travel Europe (if they still alive in few years due to covid) to see what "radical left" actually means.
Getting paid a living salary for a full-time job and having medical coverage aren't radical left ideas, but basic human rights.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Im not talking about you. Comment was directed directly at Trell

He should change his name to Troll because that's all he is is a Troll
:snicker: I made the Trell handle just for people like you as I was very sure people such as you are unable to do a simple Google search and comprehend the search result. :snicker:

Edit: Remove citation marks around people as that was uncalled for, my apologies.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How do you feel about the radical Left? How about Biden- he's a 'devout' Catholic, but some in the RC church (a couple of Bishops) say he's a bad Catholic.

I like the Python Spanish Inquisition skit, myself.

I don't think anyone should run on their faith but then, they shouldn't dump on other candidates for theirs, either.
What radical left would that be in the US? We really don't have one compared to the one on the right.

I like the inquisition skit but more inspires me to song

Biden sounds like a more reasonable catholic....and much better than catering to the bullshit evangelistic charlatans that seem popular on the right.....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
She will be a great supreme court justice. Anyone who thinks anything different is a nutcase. She’s a constitutionalist and goes by what the original Constitution was written as. And for all you idiots that think just because she’s a Christian/Catholic but that is going to make a difference then you’re full of crap. If she was Muslim or some other religious form there would be total outrage from all you left wing liberals and nut jobs crying foul because anyone mentioned their religion. Just because she’s Catholic it’s open game on attacking her religious beliefs. Do some background reading on her she is a wonderful judge and has been and will continue to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have done some reading and there are better choices, she might be fine for a catholic government I suppose, but I don't see her value on SCOTUS. But I'm still pissed they stuck "under god" in the pledge of allegiance in the 50s let alone on our money....separation of church and state is my ideal.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
To be fair, they put "God" in there and not Adonai, Allah, Buddha, Horus, Jehovah, Jesus, Krishna, Neptune, Ra, Yahweh or even Zeus so as not to offend radicals from any side. ;)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
...separation of church and state is my ideal.
The Catholic Church has a very long sordid history of oppression, misogyny, witch hunts, paedophilia and sexual assault that they've covered up for decades, if not centuries.

I would never, and did not, let my child be in the hands of a Catholic priest.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
To be fair, they put "God" in there and not Adonai, Allah, Buddha, Horus, Jehovah, Jesus, Krishna, Neptune, Ra, Yahweh or even Zeus so as not to offend radicals from any side. ;)
When I look in the mirror I see God stare back at me, just saying, you know.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I have done some reading and there are better choices, she might be fine for a catholic government I suppose, but I don't see her value on SCOTUS. But I'm still pissed they stuck "under god" in the pledge of allegiance in the 50s let alone on our money....separation of church and state is my ideal.
So god is pretty generic in my mind. If we said JC or Allah or others then we are showing a favoritism. Unless you are agnostic it is a fairly neutral term. In reality if you are agnostic then it is nearly impossible to live your life expecting no references to a god will ever be in your life. I do understand why some are against it.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
So there maybe better choices. But that is always true. Are there no better choices than Trump, Biden, Mitch and Nancy?? We could never get anything done if we spend our life researching and delaying any actions because there could alway be a better decision.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So there maybe better choices. But that is always true. Are there no better choices than Trump, Biden, Mitch and Nancy?? We could never get anything done if we spend our life researching and delaying any actions because there could alway be a better decision.

There's no need at all for drumphy to fill this seat, going by repub thought just a few years ago....but by not rushing a better candidate is likely to be nominated.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So god is pretty generic in my mind. If we said JC or Allah or others then we are showing a favoritism. Unless you are agnostic it is a fairly neutral term. In reality if you are agnostic then it is nearly impossible to live your life expecting no references to a god will ever be in your life. I do understand why some are against it.

I have no use for imaginary gods.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Not all "Godless" people lack a moral code. Not all religious people are "Fanatics." Jesus freaks and Hippies got nothin' on Apple Fanboys! Can I get an Amen on Brand worship?!!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This is probably the only thing I'll post in this one, but a potential candidate for a SCOTUS justice should be grilled on everything from rulings they've made in the past, to public remarks that could cause concern that her "moral opinions" could sway her judgement. Whether or not she is religious isn't relevant, it's whether or not she will make decisions based on law and the constitution or let her personal beliefs come into play.

If someone is in consideration for SCOTUS and they say "I hate that people can say whatever they want on social media regardless of the consequences or who it hurts. Internet bullying needs to stop" would that make me think they'd go against the 1st amendment that lets us have free speech? Maybe, maybe not.

That's the point of questioning a potential justice. Some things my be simple personal opinions, some may give us a look into how they'll hold up certain decisions or what future decisions they'll make.

If she publicly brought up her religious beliefs while holding a judgeship, then those beliefs are fair game.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
My mail in vote went for BIDEN! Enough of T and his WH GOONIE followers. Plus all the Republicans in the House and Senate. O, I am Catholic and I support Amy. I am an INDEPENDENT and RETIRED. Knock yourselves out.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
.... However I do respect their right to their views and beliefs as long as they are not hurting anybody or negatively impacting folks....
Yes, indeed but no one can override the supreme court if and when their religious beliefs affects their decisions. Her footprints are scary.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It's all about how one's religion/faith/superstition (take your pick) will affect the rulings in a society that on paper guarantees freedom of religion/faith/superstition (take your pick again).
Not only their freedom but others to be free from it, especially when laws forces their beliefs on everyone, or almost. I doubt I will contemplate having an abortion or not. ;) :D

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, indeed but no one can override the supreme court if and when their religious beliefs affects their decisions. Her footprints are scary.
Isn't this why they are going through the Confirmation Hearing? To find out the answers to those questions. And I'm sure by now people know her She's not somebody new that just stepped onto the scene

Plus wouldn't your statement apply to everybody everybody has a religious view whether you believe whether you don't believe who you believe in everyone has a religious view so it would apply to every single person what makes this such a big deal now

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis