Question about hooking a 2 subs to a box (Car Audio)

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
annunaki said:
I hope you used a dual batter isolator. Alternators do not last long without them.

Later,

and have a good weekend guys. :)
You bet. I still have all of the wiring in the shop. Along with all of my amps, speakers, fuse blocks, fuse links, and so-on. I can't bring myself to sell any of it. :(

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I have a 4 gauge wire going from the batter to the amp with a massive fuse. It looks like a third battery cable.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
annunaki said:
I hope you used a dual batter isolator. Alternators do not last long without them.

Later,

and have a good weekend guys. :)
Went out to the shop. It was a Stinger(brand) high current 200 amp relay.

Here is a link to the new models. Link.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Buckeyefan 1 said:
I have a 4 gauge wire going from the batter to the amp with a massive fuse. It looks like a third battery cable.
You need two fuse links. One under the hood (in case of an accident). And a fuse block at the amps.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
NO!
NO!
AND HELL NO on the last one. What the hell is that. That is the same as the first. Parellel!

Doesn't your amp have two(+) and two(-)?

You have two options with your current products. I have given them to you.

1) Hook one sub bridged to your amp. (120w x 1)
2) Hook two subs stereo to your amp. (30 x 2)

#1 is your best option.
The other options are throughout this thread!

Are you sure you have your amp bridged?

Last edited:
C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
zumbo said:
Oh my. 1000 watts. I love MB Quart! :D
Nod. And you should hear the Q-line stuff. It's awesome.

We got a 1000watt amp going to each MB Quart 12" Subwoofer. They have a 600watt RMS, but, they LOVE the 1000 watts. They eat it up like nothing. I had to apply some glue to the rear-view mirror because as soon as the volume was turned up it would vibrate itself pointed down. ;)

The Q-line components are fantastic too. We have four midranges and four tweeters.

My truck has MB Quart components in it too, I absolutely love 'em.

-Chad

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Cool. I have an old three-way seperate set from the reference line. I also have a 2-way set. They were paper back then. But, they did have rubber surrounds.

I have four of these , and one of these with one of these for my home. Top-notch.

R

RecLodossWar

Audioholic Intern
it says "2 OHM Output Power - Full Range 190 Watts "

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
No. It has to say 1ohm stable to run both of your subs. You can use two of those. Bridge one sub on each amp.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
This will get you 200 watts in stereo to each.

Can't you just get another amp like you have and be done with it?

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Gentlemen, I am at hotmail typing this up on an empty page provided simply because I can't get in....past the entry page of threads....Clint, we may need another generator, and you've got fresh experience.....guys, your surround receivers are WONDERFUL....and I must say, I suspect, because Greg's only got two speakers besides the subs....we went into his surround receiver the other night, a really cheap one, that pushes two mains with razor-sharp cleanness, was like 190 to my door, and laid the issue to rest and continued me on in my quest, haha....we went into the slimy varmint with it running and tested some "stuff" wearing rubber pantyhose, haha....Buck, NOW it's out, haha....anyhow, the surround receiver of Greg's bees havin' one transformer and two independent amp sections that only have one poop-hole per section...we're done....please, don't think I am negative toward surround receivers, though....I believe they are a GLORIFIED stereo receiver, because they put Lovely Sweetness in your ear cup in a supporting role to your mains...and let me say this, to me whether or not your mains are treasured to you, will depend on whether you have grown to take them for granted as per effect, and you don't get thrilled over them when a new spinner DVD or CD shows up and let's just make all of this ramble quit and say the honeymoon's over....back, I believe the surround receivers are a HUGE step up above non-surround stereo receivers...which are dying fast if you'll notice.....the MIDS are the varmints cross-wired for accent sweetness, and I'm going to continue on to say, I suspect, and I COULD be trying to climb out of a well right now and don't know it, and it doesn't make any sense that it could not be the mids...sweetness by accent, and the mids' volume can be adjusted by an L-pad to the ears decide....I hope this is my final on the surround receivers, haha....GREAT concept that falls into stereo cast factors....I quit....oh, here's what I get....5 and change....still very good position for bass, and the mids are going to put out sweetness no matter what....I quit and will be amazed if I can get this posted....got a Compaq....recent one with XP....will copy-and-paste and try....Clint, can being right behind a slow walking horse with no wind make your trip have some rough spots?....huh?....my Daddy when he was a kid told an old man who lived closeby that sprinkling a little kerosene in his horse's oats/grain/hay/gathered grass, would make the animal have more endurance pulling the surrey to town....the gaseuos horse was actually making it just fine, but the old fella turned around halfway and went back home, haha....lookin' for my Daddy when he got there, haha....oh well, going off vacation days either tomorrow or the next day....forgot what day of the week it is like when I used to conductor out on the road being on call strictly which ain't no life....may throw one at you guys relating a couple of funny experiences out there, though....we used to tell each other when we were in a siding and needed to pee and went out the back door of the lead engine which is the one we rode in to pee off the engine which a guy likes to be above the ground for splashing facrors short grass and the mainline was on that side of the engine they were about to pee off of, "be sure and don't foul the mainline"....no proofread....whew....congratulations to those who have withstood this gruel all the way to the end from their dungeon cell.......

R

RecLodossWar

Audioholic Intern
dam, my house isnt worth that much. before you said it had to be 2ohm stable.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
You never answered a question I asked earlier. Are you sure you know how to bridge your amp?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis