M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

"House Democrats are preparing to center their strategy for the far-off midterm elections on a simple, aggressive message: Republicans are the party of QAnon."
Trump and his nutty crew of QAnon followers are the gift that keeps on giving to the Democratic party.

Trump is the first president since Hoover to lose the House, the Senate, and the Presidency all in one term. People didn't realize that when Trump said "you're going to be so sick and tired of winning" he was referring to the Democrats (although I doubt they're tired of winning just yet).

Trump had (has?) the ability to cause a Republican candidate to lose by turning his base (perhaps 30% of the population) against a Republican candidate, and a Republican candidate who goes against Trump has little chance of making up the 30%. However, Trump has very little appeal beyond his base, so his ability to help a Republican candidate win is very limited (other than perhaps in a few districts with a high percentage of rabid Trump supporters).

Trump is a triple loser, and he presents a lose-lose situation going forward for the remaining Republicans.

But that's a triple win for Democrats, and a win-win going forward for Democrats.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I watched a *vice* series on blm and the unrest.. Depending on your news source it can be widely exaggerated ( or underplayed) .. Right wing news has reported that Portland is a war zone.. It's not true ..much of the damage is way overplayed , the violence is often limited to trash can fires and rock throwing between left vs right idiots.. Many blm groups *never* engage... You can't hold *everyone* accountable for a few idiots.. I don't hold fox news viewers nearly in the same view as the idiots at the capital... Like i said, blm * IS NOT*an " organized group" like the proud boys.. It's many small unorganized groups without much leadership.. I urge you to watch the *VICE* special... They actually spent time on the ground within Portland....
I don't watch news from only one source- that's just a bad way to view anything. However, videos show that it wasn't peaceful, it wasn't safe and it was more than just a few rocks and trash can fires.

If the ones causing the most damage weren't part of BLM, why did BLM do almost nothing to get them to stop? Why would they want to let someone else ruin their image/intent/goals by causing destruction, if being peaceful was the intent?

I'll check out that VICE special.

highfigh

highfigh

Trump and his nutty crew of QAnon followers are the gift that keeps on giving to the Democratic party.

Trump is the first president since Hoover to lose the House, the Senate, and the Presidency all in one term. People didn't realize that when Trump said "you're going to be so sick and tired of winning" he was referring to the Democrats (although I doubt they're tired of winning just yet).

Trump had (has?) the ability to cause a Republican candidate to lose by turning his base (perhaps 30% of the population) against a Republican candidate, and a Republican candidate who goes against Trump has little chance of making up the 30%. However, Trump has very little appeal beyond his base, so his ability to help a Republican candidate win is very limited (other than perhaps in a few districts with a high percentage of rabid Trump supporters).

Trump is a triple loser, and he presents a lose-lose situation going forward for the remaining Republicans.

But that's a triple win for Democrats, and a win-win going forward for Democrats.

Trump- "I want to help you with your campaign"
Candidate- "Please don't".

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I don't watch news from only one source- that's just a bad way to view anything. However, videos show that it wasn't peaceful, it wasn't safe and it was more than just a few rocks and trash can fires.

If the ones causing the most damage weren't part of BLM, why did BLM do almost nothing to get them to stop? Why would they want to let someone else ruin their image/intent/goals by causing destruction, if being peaceful was the intent?

I'm not going to engage in speculation, but this goes back to lack of organized leadership, , but i can suggest to continue exploring more sources of info.. The vice special is interesting and shows many sides of the movement and issue.. It's not all "blm is good" or "blm is evil"... it's more news of events rather than opinion...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

i want to reiterate something here.. you ask : "why didn't blm do something to get them to stop".. this brings in the point ..there is no "they".. no organized leadership.. you tell me who's the they(names)?? ... we all know the head of right wing extremism became Donald Trump and Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz.. they were the ones that gave the speeches that led to the insurrection.. now.. Biden has decried left wing extremists and asked for non violent answers.. who *do you want* to be the person to say "stop" to blm?...

highfigh

highfigh

i want to reiterate something here.. you ask : "why didn't blm do something to get them to stop".. this brings in the point ..there is no "they".. no organized leadership.. you tell me who's the they(names)?? ... we all know the head of right wing extremism became Donald Trump and Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz.. they were the ones that gave the speeches that led to the insurrection.. now.. Biden has decried left wing extremists and asked for non violent answers.. who *do you want* to be the person to say "stop" to blm?...
If BLM has no organized leadership, that means they're basically a mob. Mobs can become dangerous very quickly, at times.

When I used 'they', it was the destructive ones who had glommed onto the protests- this means 'out of town' people and yes, that was a problem in several cities. Here, they came from Chicago, mostly. Some were arrested, some got away but were seen on video driving away in cars with Illinois plates, which were checked and matched to the faces on video. Some had been arrested in other cities. Don't know how many this applies to, but it did happen.

If you were a member/leader-ish of BLM and people came in to cause problems at your protest, how would you deal with it? Would you walk away? Would you confront them? Would you notify the Police?

If BLM is causing serious problems e.g., rioting and violence, I don't care who tells them to stop, but they must be stopped. If they only engage in peaceful protests, let them be.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
If BLM has no organized leadership, that means they're basically a mob. Mobs can become dangerous very quickly, at times.

When I used 'they', it was the destructive ones who had glommed onto the protests- this means 'out of town' people and yes, that was a problem in several cities. Here, they came from Chicago, mostly. Some were arrested, some got away but were seen on video driving away in cars with Illinois plates, which were checked and matched to the faces on video. Some had been arrested in other cities. Don't know how many this applies to, but it did happen.

If you were a member/leader-ish of BLM and people came in to cause problems at your protest, how would you deal with it? Would you walk away? Would you confront them? Would you notify the Police?

If BLM is causing serious problems e.g., rioting and violence, I don't care who tells them to stop, but they must be stopped. If they only engage in peaceful protests, let them be.
Your getting it ,,,there are*some* clowns that take advantage of the protests to cause havoc and loot.. And those folks are dangerous.... I'd call the cops.. If they came to my house to loot someone's going to get dead... And yes, I'm a liberal, until someone messes with my mellow...

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

Only eleven House Republicans voted with the Democrats to strip Greene of her committee posts and it's really sad to see GOP embracing QAnon. I had hoped that with Trump gone and after the violent insurrection that GOP would try rid themselves of right-wing extremists along with Trumpism.

Pelosi recently said that "The enemy is within the House of Representatives, a threat that members are concerned about, in addition to what is happening outside”. And what else can you call someone that want you killed but an enemy?

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Your getting it ,,,there are*some* clowns that take advantage of the protests to cause havoc and loot.. And those folks are dangerous.... I'd call the cops.. If they came to my house to loot someone's going to get dead... And yes, I'm a liberal, until someone messes with my mellow...
And there's the rub- they're protesting about treatment by cops, but they sometimes need the cops.

Yeah, they are dangerous- a car was torched at a dealership two blocks from my house, squad cars were damaged and they broke into one to steal the rifle- all on the same night. That wasn't the extent of the damage, but it's the damage that concerns me because it was too close. A few nights later, a long line of cars drove East on a main thoroughfare that's two blocks to the South- I can close my windows to block some of the noise from honking horns, but I was also listening to the police scanner app to find out what was happening in more detail. Gunfire, driving like total A-Holes, carjacking, crashes, shoplifting (which are completely out of control) all happened at the same time. Lots of the cars had BLM flags and markings on the windows.

BTW- check your insurance policies- they don't cover 'civil unrest' or 'civil disobedience' (whatever the particular insurer calls it) nor can it be purchased, according to Allstate.

People bitch about White flight- I just want some peace & quiet and to keep my stuff. I lived in the city- it was dirty, noisy, people didn't take care of their houses, I lost a lot of things, someone tried to break into the house where I lived and a murder occurred a block away. I left that crap, not the people.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

Between cringe's at the sheer idiocy of trump and his hard core base and their self indulgent criminality i celebrate that they are the poster children for the "why you should leave the gop" movement...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
And there's the rub- they're protesting about treatment by cops, but they sometimes need the cops.

Yeah, they are dangerous- a car was torched at a dealership two blocks from my house, squad cars were damaged and they broke into one to steal the rifle- all on the same night. That wasn't the extent of the damage, but it's the damage that concerns me because it was too close. A few nights later, a long line of cars drove East on a main thoroughfare that's two blocks to the South- I can close my windows to block some of the noise from honking horns, but I was also listening to the police scanner app to find out what was happening in more detail. Gunfire, driving like total A-Holes, carjacking, crashes, shoplifting (which are completely out of control) all happened at the same time. Lots of the cars had BLM flags and markings on the windows.

BTW- check your insurance policies- they don't cover 'civil unrest' or 'civil disobedience' (whatever the particular insurer calls it) nor can it be purchased, according to Allstate.

People bitch about White flight- I just want some peace & quiet and to keep my stuff. I lived in the city- it was dirty, noisy, people didn't take care of their houses, I lost a lot of things, someone tried to break into the house where I lived and a murder occurred a block away. I left that crap, not the people.
Now

I said *I* would call the cops( and I'm a really white guy), but i don't protest, although i support the movement.. The protesters that are true blm's are just trying to avoid the chaos... Watch the vice special, it's a good look into the mess.. I was shocked just how stupid some of the violent folks are .. On both sides,,,,, and there are plenty of proud boy types camped out in Portland looking for trouble....

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

it's ok to move .. i live in a neighborhood that had a serious homeless problem( that is about the way in half of Phoenix proper) that's the biggest problem here the "urban campers" account for a majority of property crime ...

highfigh

highfigh

it's ok to move .. i live in a neighborhood that had a serious homeless problem( that is about the way in half of Phoenix proper) that's the biggest problem here the "urban campers" account for a majority of property crime ...
I know a fair number of people in the PHX area, Prescott and Tucson- it's definitely not the same as when I started going out there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis