Post Your Home Theater Here!

H

hrc51ed

Audiophyte
http://myspace-253.vo.llnwd.net/00408/35/28/408648253_l.jpg

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2539&d=1137107013

RECIEVER-DENON 3805
DVD PLAYER-PIONEER 588-A SACD/DVD AUDIO
LINKSYS MEDIA CENTER EXTENDER
CD PLAYER-YAMAHA CDC 685
SPEAKERS-
L/R- PARADIGM MINI MONITORS
C-PARADIGM CC 170
SL/SR-PARADIGM ATOMS
SUB-PARADIGM PW 2200
MONSTER REF POWER-HTS 260O
PANASONIC 52" RPLCD
ALL SPEAKER WIRES AND INTERCONNECTS, CABLES ETC. BY TRIBUTARIES

THANKS FOR EDITING THE PIC FOR ME, SAVED ME SOME TIME AND TROUBLE

BESIDES THE SL AND SR SPEAKERS, CAN I GET ANY CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM ON THE SET UP

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Originally Posted by zumbo
Nice!:D

Don't you need to back those surrounds up?

hrc51ed said:
Yeah I Know, But Can't Spare Any Room, The Dining Room/table Is Back There. But I'm Still Getting Excellent Imaging From The Back. I Guess That's Where The Compromise Is As Far As This Room Is Concerned

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
hrc51ed said:
http://myspace-253.vo.llnwd.net/00408/35/28/408648253_l.jpg

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2539&d=1137107013

RECIEVER-DENON 3805
DVD PLAYER-PIONEER 588-A SACD/DVD AUDIO
LINKSYS MEDIA CENTER EXTENDER
CD PLAYER-YAMAHA CDC 685
SPEAKERS-
L/R- PARADIGM MINI MONITORS
C-PARADIGM CC 170
SL/SR-PARADIGM ATOMS
SUB-PARADIGM PW 2200
MONSTER REF POWER-HTS 260O
PANASONIC 52" RPLCD
ALL SPEAKER WIRES AND INTERCONNECTS, CABLES ETC. BY TRIBUTARIES

THANKS FOR EDITING THE PIC FOR ME, SAVED ME SOME TIME AND TROUBLE

BESIDES THE SL AND SR SPEAKERS, CAN I GET ANY CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM ON THE SET UP
Quite a nice setup.;)
No problem on the pic, but for future reference - this is a pretty much G rated site.
We do have young adults and children that view the site.

Anyhow, like I said looks nice.
But I agree with Zumbo, and I saw your explanation.
I would as well say that the surrounds are to close.
I am sure you are getting ok imaging from them, but it could be 95% better if spaced further back.
That certainly would hold true if more than 1 person is sitting on the couch.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
hrc51ed said:
Have you tried the sub in either of the 2 corners?
Are you getting the best FR from the sub within the mains?

H

hrc51ed

Audiophyte
brian32672 said:
Quite a nice setup.;)
No problem on the pic, but for future reference - this is a pretty much G rated site.
We do have young adults and children that view the site.

Anyhow, like I said looks nice.
But I agree with Zumbo, and I saw your explanation.
I would as well say that the surrounds are to close.
I am sure you are getting ok imaging from them, but it could be 95% better if spaced further back.
That certainly would hold true if more than 1 person is sitting on the couch.
I APPRECIATE YOUR SUGGESTIONS, IF I WERE TALENTED ENOUGH THEY WOULD GO ON THE WALLS, BUT I AM NOT GOOD WITH MY HANDS. AND FOR ME IF THEY GO ON THE WALLS, THE WIRES WOULD HAVE TO BE OUT OF SIGHT.

H

hrc51ed

Audiophyte
brian32672 said:
Have you tried the sub in either of the 2 corners?
Are you getting the best FR from the sub within the mains?
I TRIED THOSE, BUT THE BASS ENDS UP TO BOOMY/MUDDY. WHERE IT'S AT THE BASS SOUNDS WELL DEFINED, YET STILL SHAKES THE HOUSE. I HAVE THE PHASE RESPONSE SET AT ABOUT 130(0-180) THE FRONT MAINS CROSSES OVER AT ABOUT 75 HZ. AND AS FAR AS THE OTHER VIEWERS ARE CONCERNED...THEY SOL, CUZ THE SWEET SPOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COUCH IS MINE. BUT I DO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU GUYS ARE POINTING OUT AS FAR AS THE REARS NEEDING TO BE BACK MORE. THANKS

T

Tee-HTF

Audioholic Intern
Hello All,

My HT is a bonus room over the garage, so it has a very iregular shape to it w/ funny roof angles. It's not the ideal room for a dedicated HT, but it's all i have to work w/ until i move into a house w/ a basement. I think the weird shape and angles helps out the sound, below is a list of my current gear, and a link to my photo albums Old HT, Pre Set-Up HT, Screen Shots and New HT (current) thx for your time.

Components
-Pre/Pro duty: Sony STR-DA4ES
-Amp: 5 Outlaw 2200 Mono Blocks 200w X 1
-Amp: Adcom GFA-545 100W X 2
-Protection: Panamax RML-200 RacMAX

Video
-TV Provider: Dish Net 510 DVR & 811 HD Tuner
-DVD Player: Sony DVP-NC555ES
-Projector: Infocus Screenplay 4805
-Screen: Carada Precision Series 88" Diagonal 1.78 to 1 (High Contrast Grey)

Speakers
-Main Speakers: Acoustic Research Hi-Res AR 9
-Center: Acoustic Research Hi-Res AR 2C
-Surrounds: Acoustic Research Hi-Res AR 17/AR Sat
-Surround Backs: Acoustic Research Hi-Res AR 5
-Subwoofers: (2) SVS 20-39 PC Plus

Remote
Sony RM-AV3000

Light Control
X-10

Cables/Wires
AR Master Series & Pro Series

To see more pics click on the link below.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Nice system Tee Hee!

How do you like dual cylinders compared to 1 (assuming you had one to start with)?

SheepStar

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Tee,

Nice colors - very warm and inviting. Those angled ceilings IMO would help defract resonance to the carpeted floor quicker, and aide in better sound. The worst room for sound is a hard, square room, and yours is far from it.

Your "link below" doesn't have any pics. Can you add some?

T

Tee-HTF

Audioholic Intern
Sheep said:
Nice system Tee Hee!

How do you like dual cylinders compared to 1 (assuming you had one to start with)?

SheepStar
Thx Sheep!

I like having two vs. the one for two reasons. One my bass demands were higher do to the cubic ft (4,300) of the room, and one was not bad but i need more output. Two after shortly adding the 2nd sub i seperated them due to localization problems and insane spls! By seperating them i gained even, smoother in room responce. Getting the subs phase to play nice with each other plus the 10' drivers in my towers took a days hrs to get right but sooo worth it! So to answer your question, i love the twins.

T

Tee-HTF

Audioholic Intern
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Tee,

Nice colors - very warm and inviting. Those angled ceilings IMO would help defract resonance to the carpeted floor quicker, and aide in better sound. The worst room for sound is a hard, square room, and yours is far from it.

Your "link below" doesn't have any pics. Can you add some?
Thx Buck, and i thought the angles played some part in aidding the sound. I have always heard that square rooms is the worse for audio, and its best to break up the demensions if possiable for better sound.

Matt34

Matt34

Here's mine, just need to finish it off with a big screen and get the wires under control.

djpain75

djpain75

Junior Audioholic
Acoustechs

Matt, how long have you had your acoustechs? I just got my fronts Friday. Looove them. If you look in the Loudspeaker posts I have pics of what i upgraded from hehhe. Love these acoustechs. Do you love yours? I cant wait to get the center channel. I'll bet its great in movies huh?

Matt34

Matt34

I've had mine for 2 weeks and love em so far. Actually had the center channel before any the others(Xmas gift).

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Finished the molding for the HT - now just need to buy a shade and touch-up the component closet (and of course upgrade components :D )

Components are:

Denon 3805
Pioneer DV-588A-S DVD player
Panamx 5510
Dish Network Receiver
Playstation 2
Sony VPL-400Q Front Projector
Da-lite 106" 16:9 Screen
Def Tech BP2002 (L/R)
Def Tech CRL 2002 (C)
Def Tech BPX (Sur)
Buffalo Electronic IR extender system