Post up things that you “Hate” Anything goes.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Are you referring to a window 'box' fan? The kind they sell for $20? Why would they sell replacement feet?

Go to a Rockler Woodworking store and buy some two-part Cyanoacrylate adhesive. It's the same stuff as Super Glue, but it comes with a spray bottle of accelerator. It's great.
Yeah, it is a $20 box fan. I ordered a set of feet for it which totaled $3.82 shipped. That is cheaper than buying a new fan. BTW, it is working like a new one. No complaints on my end. :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You could drive there to pick up the feet, have lunch, gas up the ol' chariot and make a day of it. Probably come in under $200. :D
Actually, I do plan to visit Franklin sometime in the near future. Have a niece and nephew that live there. While there, I also plan to go by Emotiva and check them out. Just a little over 2-hours from me which will certainly make for a full day. :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Really hated that my air went out again late last week. My daughter and grandsons came in and it was so very hot. My neighbor below me was nice enough to loan me his window unit again. It kept me from having a heat stroke. Having COPD is absolutely no joke.

The good news is that after the heating and air tech came (4) times, my landlord decided to put in a new one. Needless to say, I am so very thankful. The units are certainly not cheap. However, it is working like a charm. Just would like to thank the Good Lord for looking out for me. Jesus makes all of the difference.:)

Cheers,

Phil

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Really hated that my air went out again late last week. My daughter and grandsons came in and it was so very hot. My neighbor below me was nice enough to loan me his window unit again. It kept me from having a heat stroke. Having COPD is absolutely no joke.

The good news is that after the heating and air tech came (4) times, my landlord decided to put in a new one. Needless to say, I am so very thankful. The units are certainly not cheap. However, it is working like a charm. Just would like to thank the Good Lord for looking out for me. Jesus makes all of the difference.:)

Cheers,

Phil
Glad you at least had a window unit. I have a friend with COPD and this hot and humid air takes a real toll on her. Glad you got it replaced. That has to suck struggling to breath the thick hot air and any movement you do make only aggravates the COPD even more.

TechHDS

Audioholic General

Cheers,

Phil
Phil, man dang the bad luck uhu, glad your hooked up now it’s hot down here to. I hate that I dropped my XPA-5 on my right arm last week lol. Took some skin off thought I might have fractured my arm and my wrist hurt like hell man lol. Was moving it too clean under it and wipe the dust off 80 lbs of amp on my old arm lol. All good now. Good to see your doing well Sir!

Mike

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Glad you at least had a window unit. I have a friend with COPD and this hot and humid air takes a real toll on her. Glad you got it replaced. That has to suck struggling to breath the thick hot air and any movement you do make only aggravates the COPD even more.
I feel for your female friend. COPD is no joke! The sad part is, I am NOT a smoker. Never really have been. Only did it a little when I was a teenager. You know the ole it is the "cool" thing to do. As such, I did not do it very long. However, my entire family have all merely been smokers. I suppose that is how I got it. Using a BPAP machine every night now. They are also adding oxygen after next my sleep study. Just thankful that my air is rocking now!:)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil, man dang the bad luck uhu, glad your hooked up now it’s hot down here to. I hate that I dropped my XPA-5 on my right arm last week lol. Took some skin off thought I might have fractured my arm and my wrist hurt like hell man lol. Was moving it too clean under it and wipe the dust off 80 lbs of amp on my old arm lol. All good now. Good to see your doing well Sir!

Mike
Mike, glad to hear your arm is better. Things are better here too given that I have a new air unit. It is rocking! Really makes a BIG difference with my breathing. Especially, at night when I am using my BPAP machine. Both COPD and Central Sleep Apnea is no joke. I also have asthma. But hey, still got neck surgery to look forward to. Guess sh*t really does roll down-hill.;););) That is why I take it one day at a time!

Cheers,

Phil

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I feel for your female friend. COPD is no joke! The sad part is, I am NOT a smoker. Never really have been. Only did it a little when I was a teenager. You know the ole it is the "cool" thing to do. As such, I did not do it very long. However, my entire family have all merely been smokers. I suppose that is how I got it. Using a BPAP machine every night now. They are also adding oxygen after next my sleep study. Just thankful that my air is rocking now!:)

Cheers,

Phil
I hear ya. I don't smoke but grew up in a how filled with smoke with family members who smoked. Spent many hours in smoke filled bars as a kid after ice fishing or what not. Now, I can't stand the smoke. Makes my throat swell up. But from age 5 to 14, smoke filled was every day. Makes me wonder what the future holds!!

People don't realize what it's like to not sleep. I also have Sleep Apnea. Wife wanted to go camping. So $350 later I have a 12V battery, a DC power plug, and 50 watt solar cells to run the machine at night. Worked fine except for the 38 degree temps at night and trying to get out of my sleeping bag at 3:30 am to pee and wondering if I'm going to run into a bear on the way to the campground bathrooms. Figured if I did, I'd just whip it out and pee cause going face to face with a bear will surely get the pee out when I'm ready or not.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I hear ya. I don't smoke but grew up in a how filled with smoke with family members who smoked. Spent many hours in smoke filled bars as a kid after ice fishing or what not. Now, I can't stand the smoke. Makes my throat swell up. But from age 5 to 14, smoke filled was every day. Makes me wonder what the future holds!!

People don't realize what it's like to not sleep. I also have Sleep Apnea. Wife wanted to go camping. So $350 later I have a 12V battery, a DC power plug, and 50 watt solar cells to run the machine at night. Worked fine except for the 38 degree temps at night and trying to get out of my sleeping bag at 3:30 am to pee and wondering if I'm going to run into a bear on the way to the campground bathrooms. Figured if I did, I'd just whip it out and pee cause going face to face with a bear will surely get the pee out when I'm ready or not.
Sorry to hear that you have sleep apnea. I agree it is no fun. Unfortunately, mine is much worse. I have Central Sleep apnea. Thus, my central nervous system is involved. Basically, my brain no longer tells my body when it is time for me to take a breath. When awake, it is easy to sense and correct. However, when asleep not so much. I am totally dependent on my BPAP machine. Very scary times for me. COPD, Central Sleep apnea, and asthma all have taken its toll on me.

We have another heat weather advisory right now as we speak. On those days, I now have to go very early or much later into the evening or it just doesn't get done. Have had to make a lot of changes to my daily routine. The good news is my blood sugars are finally coming back down to more normal levels. Stress is the true killer. Been trying very hard to take it easy for a change. That, of course, has never been my style. But, it certainly is now. That is, if I want to live.;););)

Cheers,

Phil

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Mike, glad to hear your arm is better. Things are better here too given that I have a new air unit. It is rocking! Really makes a BIG difference with my breathing. Especially, at night when I am using my BPAP machine. Both COPD and Central Sleep Apnea is no joke. I also have asthma. But hey, still got neck surgery to look forward to. Guess sh*t really does roll down-hill.;););) That is why I take it one day at a time!

Cheers,

Phil
Thanks Phil!. How are you enjoying your new place? I know the move was hard on you. Glad your done with that. Hope your chilling out with your setup, COPD isn’t a nice thing to have I have sleep apnea and acid reflux getting old comes with those things sometimes. Like you said Phil, “one day at a time” words of a wise man Phil, and good to live by too! As always it’s always good to hear from you! Best of wish to ya ole friend!! :)

Mike

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Phil!. How are you enjoying your new place? I know the move was hard on you. Glad your done with that. Hope your chilling out with your setup, COPD isn’t a nice thing to have I have sleep apnea and acid reflux getting old comes with those things sometimes. Like you said Phil, “one day at a time” words of a wise man Phil, and good to live by too! As always it’s always good to hear from you! Best of wish to ya ole friend!! :)

Mike
Thanks for your kind words Mike. The same to Midwesthonky. Sorry to hear that you also have sleep apnea. It must be in the kool-aid so to speak. Have had acid reflux for most all of my adult life. Enjoying my new place. But, man is it ever a bit odd. Bigger but laid-out a bit weird......LOL!!! One day at a time is the ONLY way that I can make it. Glad you are doing well as well.:)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Thanks for your kind words Mike. The same to Mmidwesthonky. Sorry to hear that you also have sleep apnea. It must be in the kool-aid so to speak. Have had acid reflux for most all of my adult life. Enjoying my new place. But, man is it ever a bit odd. Bigger but laid-out a bit weird......LOL!!! One day at a time is the ONLY way that I can make it. Glad you are doing well as well.:)

Cheers,

Phil
Appreciate the thoughts. It's tough but I've learned to live with it. Looking back at memories, I suspect at least one grandparent had it as well. Was a big deal when I finally got diagnosed but I still don't sleep well but much better with a CPAP than without.

Glad you are getting the thins you need to be able to live a bit better. Getting older sucks...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Foreman is sick and living in temp housing since his ex-gf set fire to his rental home.
With any luck she's a stripper who baby daddy in jail but I can't write every story ever told. I suspect he burned the joint down himself cooking meth but somebody else wrote that story already. I hate white chicks with corn rowes. Now I don't have to post in TBT because I got it all out at once. Good thread. ;)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Appreciate the thoughts. It's tough but I've learned to live with it. Looking back at memories, I suspect at least one grandparent had it as well. Was a big deal when I finally got diagnosed but I still don't sleep well but much better with a CPAP than without.

Glad you are getting the thins you need to be able to live a bit better. Getting older sucks...
Thanks man for your kind words. I have another sleep study coming next week. They plan to add oxygen to my BIPAP machine. Kind of tired of the sleep studies and all of the breathing tests. But, not much that I can do about it. Most of my family has been smokers. I suppose that is how I got COPD. You are very correct in that getting older sucks! :)

Cheers,

Phil

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks man for your kind words. I have another sleep study coming next week. They plan to add oxygen to my BIPAP machine. Kind of tired of the sleep studies and all of the breathing tests. But, not much that I can do about it. Most of my family has been smokers. I suppose that is how I got COPD. You are very correct in that getting older sucks! :)

Cheers,

Phil
I'm just glad all you guys with apnea got diagnosed. I had a friend die at 30 due to complications from apnea that didn't get diagnosed. One of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with. Too damn young for that to have happened. :(

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I'm just glad all you guys with apnea got diagnosed. I had a friend die at 30 due to complications from apnea that didn't get diagnosed. One of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with. Too damn young for that to have happened. :(
Yes, apnea is very dangerous if not treated. Sorry to hear about your friend. They told me flat out that if I do not use my BIPAP machine I would not be around very long. Lets just say that got my attention. Have used it every night since. Had a classmate that passed away at the age of 48 due to narcolepsy. That is a much more serious condition.

Cheers,

Phil

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
I hate that oppo stoped making the their 200 series. I really want that 205 but I'm not spending a dollar more than MSRP on that :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha has some awesome deals on mid- level AVR’s and my funds aren’t due till two months!:mad: I hate that! Dam da Bad Luck!. Lol.:)

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I hate that oppo stoped making the their 200 series. I really want that 205 but I'm not spending a dollar more than MSRP on that :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I hate that Oppo is getting out of the AV market completely. Best DVD-Blue Ray I've ever owned.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis