Post up things that you “Hate” Anything goes.

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Thanks Mid for the info. However, problem is already solved. Just ordered a brand new set of fan feet for only $2 plus $1.82 shipping. So, for only $3.82 I will not need a new fan now. The feet are shipping out of Franklin, TN which is really not that far from me. I even have family in Franklin.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Hey Phil, I know your an "el cheapo" so I got an extreme "el cheapo" idea for you. My friend also an el cheapo did this last year. This seems to me a bit on the wild side but he did it and it's totally legal. Last year my friend sold his house for around 150k. He put all the cash gs online saving account. Moved back in with his parents for year. He recently withdrew all the cash. He would up making around $2,500 bucks in interest off Goldman Sachs. Now he's soon on his way to live over in Vietnam with all of his traveling expenses covered by Goldman. :D+ they screwed over the American middle class in 2008 so at lest he felt like he got his retribution.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Phil, I know your an "el cheapo" so I got an extreme "el cheapo" idea for you. My friend also an el cheapo did this last year. This seems to me a bit on the wild side but he did it and it's totally legal. Last year my friend sold his house for around 150k. He put all the cash gs online saving account. Moved back in with his parents for year. He recently withdrew all the cash. He would up making around $2,500 bucks in interest off Goldman Sachs. Now he's soon on his way to live over in Vietnam with all of his traveling expenses covered by Goldman. :D+ they screwed over the American middle class in 2008 so at lest he felt like he got his retribution.
I am no banker by any stretch of the imagination. But, only making $2500 on $150K over the term of a year? That is only $208.33 a month interest? I figured someone would get more than that for that kind of money. Here locally a man hit the lotto a good while back. Rumor has it that he lives off of the interest his money earns and he saves the rest. Not sure how true that is, but it sure would be a good way to make a living. Sure never hurts to dream.

Cheers,

Phil

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
I am no banker by any stretch of the imagination. But, only making $2500 on $150K over the term of a year? That is only $208.33 a month interest? I figured someone would get more than that for that kind of money. Here locally a man hit the lotto a good while back. Rumor has it that he lives off of the interest his money earns and he saves the rest. Not sure how true that is, but it sure would be a good way to make a living. Sure never hurts to dream.

Cheers,

Phil
Correct, but it's basically guaranteed money. But hey 2500 it's exactly chump change either. If you strike big with a penny stock you be set for life :) or you could be broke for life :eek:. If you got that kind of cash lying around a finical adviser would probably be the better option.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Correct, but it's basically guaranteed money. But hey 2500 it's exactly chump change either. If you strike big with a penny stock you be set for life :) or you could be broke for life :eek:. If you got that kind of cash lying around a finical adviser would probably be the better option.
For real. I would invest by way of a broker. Of course, I would be rather conservative. No need in losing a bunch of money either. The market can easily make you, but it can also break you. Only so much is predictable. Even then, things could go awry rather quickly.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

annunaki

annunaki

I’ll bite. What bothers me is people who take no accountability for there current state of life and blame everything on other people.

I also greatly dislike people who say “I can’t”. That is what you tell yourself, not to other people. Just own up and say you don’t want to.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Really hate that I just recently moved and my air conditioner has already gone out. To make matters worse, they will NOT be here until tomorrow to fix it. Oh, did I mention that "maybe" they will? We have had heat advisory warnings for the last several days now. Right now it is not too bad, but it is heating up as I feel it. Ugh! Okay I am done now. :)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Really hate that I just recently moved and my air conditioner has already gone out. To make matters worse, they will NOT be here until tomorrow to fix it. Oh, did I mention that "maybe" they will? We have had heat advisory warnings for the last several days now. Right now it is not too bad, but it is heating up as I feel it. Ugh! Okay I am done now. :)

Cheers,

Phil
Damn Phil, you can't get a break. In most cases they have 3 days to fix something like that or you get to do it and take it out of rent (if you're renting that is).

I'm still debating as to whether or not I should get a home warranty for that sort of thing. House is only 2 years old, but you never know if someone did a crappy installation.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Damn Phil, you can't get a break. In most cases they have 3 days to fix something like that or you get to do it and take it out of rent (if you're renting that is).

I'm still debating as to whether or not I should get a home warranty for that sort of thing. House is only 2 years old, but you never know if someone did a crappy installation.
Yeah, I have had my share of bad luck lately. But, it is not all gloom and doom. My neighbor down- stairs has a small window unit and loaned it to me. At least I can get by until it is fixed or replaced. Just thank GOD for my neighbor loaning me his small window unit. BTW, I would opt for the home warranty if I were you. Never hurts to have some extra protection. Just saying.......:)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
How much did GS charge? Seems like he got jipped and GS made out good, less than 2% return, still screwing ppl. None the less free money is always a good thing.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief

Cheers,

Phil
From what I understand, a good broker will take 20% of your earnings...pay them, they make $ off your $ and will net high yields. Not always guaranteed but if you dont understand the markets, it pays to pay (yea that happened lol) markets are a big gamble for a novice, but typically those that understand make big gains around 15-20% returns easily

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I work the swing shift, and I really hate getting an e-mail from the executive assistant who has free tickets for employees to an event that happens while I'm at work. :mad:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
From what I understand, a good broker will take 20% of your earnings...pay them, they make $ off your $ and will net high yields. Not always guaranteed but if you dont understand the markets, it pays to pay (yea that happened lol) markets are a big gamble for a novice, but typically those that understand make big gains around 15-20% returns easily
Oh I don't intend to invest in the market. But, I do agree if I were a broker is the best way to go about it. My Step-Dad, whom is 90 years of age, still keeps an eye on the market as he has a lot of stock in AT&T. That is b/c he is retired phone company. I admire his tenacity though. Especially, at his age.

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I dislike (not hate I guess) dealing with insurance companies. What I hate is having to deal with them due to incidents caused by other people. It must be time to lay low or something. Yesterday on my way to work, I got T-boned in the rental car just a few blocks from work. For sure the rental is totaled, the car I hit is totaled and likely the car that hit me causing it all, is also totaled. I was on the street and she entered from a driveway and did not stop, hit squarely in the rear door and wheel so I spun 90 into a parked car. No airbags deployed, but my back is sore. Going to the doctor today.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Really sorry for your misfortune. All the best to you at this time.

annunaki

annunaki

I dislike (not hate I guess) dealing with insurance companies. What I hate is having to deal with them due to incidents caused by other people. It must be time to lay low or something. Yesterday on my way to work, I got T-boned in the rental car just a few blocks from work. For sure the rental is totaled, the car I hit is totaled and likely the car that hit me causing it all, is also totaled. I was on the street and she entered from a driveway and did not stop, hit squarely in the rear door and wheel so I spun 90 into a parked car. No airbags deployed, but my back is sore. Going to the doctor today.
Sorry to hear! Hope you are better soon with no lasting effects.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Roughly around 96% of people, things and occurrences.

Among other the fact that due to employment perturbations I haven't made one single inch of a nudge towards the 2.1 system I dream of and came here to wonder about initially.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

Cheers,

Phil
It was a savings account- the cost to borrow money at the institutional level is extremely low- why would they pay more to people who park their money in the bank's coffers when they could loan it for more? This "get rich quick" scheme yielded a whopping 1.67%- that's not even enough to cover inflation, so he actually lost money. If he had put it in a CD (Certificate of Deposit),he could have made up to 3% but he would have to keep it there for a longer time. There's no way to make a lot of money without being exposed to some risk and the short-term methods are only going to pay low rates of interest.

https://www.bankrate.com/cd.aspx

highfigh

highfigh

The plastic feet on my boxed fan broke during my move. Went to both Walmart and/or Lowe's only to no avail. Apparently, universal replacement feet are not even made. Really really hate that. That means I will now have to buy a new fan just b/c the feet are broke. Nothing wrong w/it otherwise. Ugh! :mad::mad::mad: Sorry, but I am an El Cheapo to the extreme.

Cheers,

Phil
Are you referring to a window 'box' fan? The kind they sell for $20? Why would they sell replacement feet?

Go to a Rockler Woodworking store and buy some two-part Cyanoacrylate adhesive. It's the same stuff as Super Glue, but it comes with a spray bottle of accelerator. It's great.

highfigh

highfigh

Thanks Mid for the info. However, problem is already solved. Just ordered a brand new set of fan feet for only $2 plus $1.82 shipping. So, for only $3.82 I will not need a new fan now. The feet are shipping out of Franklin, TN which is really not that far from me. I even have family in Franklin.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil
You could drive there to pick up the feet, have lunch, gas up the ol' chariot and make a day of it. Probably come in under $200. :D

highfigh

highfigh

They lock up things people steal...razor blades usually being one of them since they are priced as if made of gold.
At the risk of never being able to find cheap replacements for the Gillette Sensor blades I use, WalMart has four-packs of razors with the holder below the packs of blades- the blade cartridge can be removed from the holder and they fit in the Gillete holder. $4.49/pack of four. Or, if someone wants to give up on the Gillete holder, the plastic one will work.

I do not understand why blades have to be so freaking expensive.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis