PLK WAGNER acoustics

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Hi, folks. I`m baaaack ©

Thank you for your informative comment.

View attachment 29057

Everything happens on the run, so, I present the information that is on hand. Gloss will be later.

The program which was used for measuring REW v5.18

Measuring microphone MiniDSP UMIK-1

Frequency response smoothed 1/6 octave filter

Hump 200-500Hz - room response, when listening, these frequencies do not dominate

The decline in the frequency of 2600hz is -6dB

The measurements were performed in the range 20-30000Гц

A little bit later, we`ll use another microphone to measure the frequency response after 20000hz
In room measurements say as much about the room as they do the speakers.

To do proper testing of the speakers, you need to do anechoic measurements of on-axis and off-axis response.

Since most people don't have access to an anechoic chamber, they instead do quasi-anechoic measurements (gated in time) and/or outdoor measurements.

Also, your dB range on your graph is probably too high. Plot 80dB to 110dB instead of 60dB to 110dB.

And smoothing of frequency response can hide audible resonances, so do less smoothing on quasi-anechoic measurements.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi, folks. I`m baaaack ©

View attachment 29057

Everything happens on the run, so, I present the information that is on hand. Gloss will be later.

Hump 200-500Hz - room response, when listening, these frequencies do not dominate

A little bit later, we`ll use another microphone to measure the frequency response after 20000hz
Not worth $19,000. Not even close. Not ready for prime time my friend.

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
A 15db spread across the vocal range seems a bit rough; as does the similarly sized jump approaching the top of audible. I'd imagine those sound very "bright".
Thank you for Your attention to our work.
Earlier, I wrote, that the hump frequency response at 200-500 Hertz is partly due to the acoustics of the room.
The recessions of AFC at 1500 and 2500 Hz are not critical.
1. The declines are less noticeable when listening (as opposed to peaks)
2. They have a smooth character, which is well perceived when listening.
3. This speaker system has been tested by professional sound engineers. In their opinion, these recessions of frequency response are typical for high-class acoustics with dynamic loudspeakers of increased area.
The scale of the sound remains, the perceived linearity of the sound - too.
We are currently discussing the use of this acoustics in the recording Studio of the city of Yekaterinburg as a far field monitors.

Last edited:
IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
In room measurements say as much about the room as they do the speakers.

To do proper testing of the speakers, you need to do anechoic measurements of on-axis and off-axis response.

Since most people don't have access to an anechoic chamber, they instead do quasi-anechoic measurements (gated in time) and/or outdoor measurements.

Also, your dB range on your graph is probably too high. Plot 80dB to 110dB instead of 60dB to 110dB.

And smoothing of frequency response can hide audible resonances, so do less smoothing on quasi-anechoic measurements.
Thank you for your very valuable comment. Bears send You a warm Hello and ask when to expect your visit to our tent :p
Seriously, thanks. In further measurements, we will take into account all the advices, that sounds here.

Last edited:
IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
Not worth $19,000. Not even close. Not ready for prime time my friend.
:oops:

I thought, that later, when the representatives of Tannoy come to us for advice, we will raise the price and only You and Beave will have personal discount.
By the way, I went to Your link. This is amazing. Seriously. Such work deserves real respect. Thanks for Your opinion.

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
What if they're hand-delivered by a bear drinking vodka?
And for dessert:
Bingo! Yes Yes Yes! You guessed it!
Almost.
On a wheelbarrow and under guard.

dhdfghdfd.jpg

Pic by AlexDocRay

Last edited:
IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
Some video. Do not judge strictly, soon we will go to the tops of YouTube and will certainly reshoot.

PLK on the run

Wadia 270SE

DAC Wadia 9

Custom EL34 push-pull tube amplifier

For music recordings we use Shure condenser instrument microphones

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It would be challenging to make a coaxial 15" into a really good high-fidelity speaker, but in theory you could have very nicely controlled directivity, if the cone was a decent waveguide. The crossover frequency makes sense. I am skeptical it has come together all that well, but I am not ready to dismiss is entirely. What you need is third party verification. Soundstage and Stereophile would be good candidates. I wouldn't be able to deal with it on account of the enormous weight. The 3D3A lab at Princeton might be interested in a design like this if they are able to deal with the weight.

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
It would be challenging to make a coaxial 15" into a really good high-fidelity speaker, but in theory you could have very nicely controlled directivity, if the cone was a decent waveguide. The crossover frequency makes sense. I am skeptical it has come together all that well, but I am not ready to dismiss is entirely. What you need is third party verification. Soundstage and Stereophile would be good candidates. I wouldn't be able to deal with it on account of the enormous weight. The 3D3A lab at Princeton might be interested in a design like this if they are able to deal with the weight.
Thank you for the unexpectedly kind words. Thanks again.
Please, if you know how to implement it in action (I meant third party verification), tell me.
At least, from which side to go :D

At the moment we have a valid contract with DHL, on terms from threshold to threshold. Export documents are also issued.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Thank you for the unexpectedly kind words. Thanks again.
Please, if you know how to implement it in action (I meant third party verification), tell me.
At least, from which side to go :D

At the moment we have a valid contract with DHL, on terms from threshold to threshold. Export documents are also issued.
What you might consider doing is contacting the National Research Council Canada and inquire about their service of testing loudspeakers. Soundstage Access uses the NRCC for measurements for their reviews. They have an anechoic chamber and do the best third party measurements out there (here is an example). If you had the NRCC do a measurement suite of your speakers, and you posted all of their measurements on your product page unadulterated, that would go a long way towards convincing people that your speaker was really good- if the measurements showed them to be accurate loudspeakers.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Hi, folks. I`m baaaack ©

View attachment 29057

1. The response curve is far from impressive at any price

2. Response beyond 20,000 Hz is irrelevant as it is above the human hearing range

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
What you might consider doing is contacting the National Research Council Canada and inquire about their service of testing loudspeakers. Soundstage Access uses the NRCC for measurements for their reviews. They have an anechoic chamber and do the best third party measurements out there (here is an example). If you had the NRCC do a measurement suite of your speakers, and you posted all of their measurements on your product page unadulterated, that would go a long way towards convincing people that your speaker was really good- if the measurements showed them to be accurate loudspeakers.
That's invaluable advice. Many thanks. God bless you, and karma will always be as pure as spring water.

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
1. The response curve is far from impressive at any price

2. Response beyond 20,000 Hz is irrelevant as it is above the human hearing range
We will make repeated measurements, taking into account the advices and comments made here. Thank you for Your attention and indulgence. I was expecting a more rigid meeting :)

David Bookman

David Bookman

Enthusiast
I was at the presentation and I heard that sound. Absolute realism!

David Bookman

David Bookman

Enthusiast
On Studio acoustics curve better, but I want to listen to this (great) sound:

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
Ivan are you serious? It's not the design but the horror
Hi, guys. It seems fans of our sound have gotten to this forum.

So. Based on the emotionality of Your statements, You were at the audition last Sunday.
Thanks for supporting me. However, You judge someone else's work by photos, just as people judge Wagner in this forum (except graphs). Of course, I understand, that You were impressed by our sound and impeccable workmanship of the cabinets. Thanks again for your support.
But, we all know that graphs and emotions can often not be the same, but you need to respect someone else's work, whatever it was.
Especially because you have not heard the sound of TLS Guy system.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis