PLK WAGNER acoustics

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
What's the meaning of that?
Our system has a high (99dB) sensitivity, which allows you to connect to it even a 10-watt tube amplifier and it will play beautifully. But the acoustics reveal the nature of the sound of each amplifier so much that the difference between the three tube amplifiers (our models), which were at the disposal of sound engineers, is very noticeable.
I emphasize that we are not talking about the quality of sound (all copies have shown themselves very worthy), it's in the musical preferences of the future owner. For example, on the "small" (16w) amplifier created a sense of intimacy of sound when the sound literally gives an atmosphere of comfort, privacy, warmth.
On "average" (35W) - amplifier acoustics seemed to have changed: expanded the stage, increased detail, quick and clear bass, the sound speed and detail was similar to a transistor amplifier, while maintaining the entire tube-like warmth. But that feeling of intimacy of the sound was not (maybe the majority don't need it).
On "the most powerful" (70W) amplifier acoustics has shown simply frightening realism vocal and super emotional energy. All the emotions of the performers began to be felt so vividly that it seemed we see a smile on the face of the performer, or feel the color of the vocalist's skin. Volume range from quiet to loud, like has expanded, speed and attack power has increased, which gives the sound an amazing emotionality and realism.
But such a focused bass, as in the previous amplifier was never the (bass is good, just where it was clearer), and the detail on the "middle" of the amplifier a little higher.
I note that it is not so much in the power of amplifiers, but also in the components from which they are assembled (lamps, iron, circuit).
And all these differences amplifiers PLK WAGNER exposes and reveals "without a trace".
Therefore: "This system requires careful selection of the amplifier for the aesthetics and needs of a particular listener."
The acoustics itself does not limit you in choosing the aesthetics of your sound, it can be any, but the amplifier really will largely determine the nature of the sound of Wagners, however, like any other acoustics of this class and such sensitivity.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Our system has a high (99dB) sensitivity, which allows you to connect to it even a 10-watt tube amplifier and it will play beautifully. But the acoustics reveal the nature of the sound of each amplifier so much that the difference between the three tube amplifiers (our models), which were at the disposal of sound engineers, is very noticeable.
I emphasize that we are not talking about the quality of sound (all copies have shown themselves very worthy), it's in the musical preferences of the future owner. For example, on the "small" (16w) amplifier created a sense of intimacy of sound when the sound literally gives an atmosphere of comfort, privacy, warmth.
On "average" (35W) - amplifier acoustics seemed to have changed: expanded the stage, increased detail, quick and clear bass, the sound speed and detail was similar to a transistor amplifier, while maintaining the entire tube-like warmth. But that feeling of intimacy of the sound was not (maybe the majority don't need it).
On "the most powerful" (70W) amplifier acoustics has shown simply frightening realism vocal and super emotional energy. All the emotions of the performers began to be felt so vividly that it seemed we see a smile on the face of the performer, or feel the color of the vocalist's skin. Volume range from quiet to loud, like has expanded, speed and attack power has increased, which gives the sound an amazing emotionality and realism.
But such a focused bass, as in the previous amplifier was never the (bass is good, just where it was clearer), and the detail on the "middle" of the amplifier a little higher.
I note that it is not so much in the power of amplifiers, but also in the components from which they are assembled (lamps, iron, circuit).
And all these differences amplifiers PLK WAGNER exposes and reveals "without a trace".
Therefore: "This system requires careful selection of the amplifier for the aesthetics and needs of a particular listener."
The acoustics itself does not limit you in choosing the aesthetics of your sound, it can be any, but the amplifier really will largely determine the nature of the sound of Wagners, however, like any other acoustics of this class and such sensitivity.
What is the nominal impedance rating on the Wagner?

How do they sound with a modern ~100W Solid State amplifier? Surely not all listening was done on tubes?

How are the phase angles that the load presents to the amp?

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
The speakers are interesting enough from a technical perspective, so I hope @IvanZ will provide more specific details of the design and measured performance (I don't expect him to ship those bear traps to the NRC). They're working with some very good quality fundamentals (high sensitivity, for lifelike dynamic range, and which should correspond to lower distortion; coaxial drivers provide an acoustic point source, which should pay dividends in uniform polars and versatility in that they would be good anywhere from the near-field out to greater distances; non-resonant bass alignment...). The craftsmanship is also interesting. The marketing hoopla is rather worthless.

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
What is the nominal impedance rating on the Wagner?
8Ohm

How do they sound with a modern ~100W Solid State amplifier? Surely not all listening was done on tubes?
Of course, the audition was conducted on Solid State Sony, Audio Research and Brighton. The last amplifier played very nicely, comparable to the lamp. However, Brighton provided a deeper and more fundamental bass (as Wagner allows you to do), just stone amplifier will be more effective for modern and youth styles.

How are the phase angles that the load presents to the amp?
15XA38Nd_SPL_Phase.jpg

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
The speakers are interesting enough from a technical perspective, so I hope @IvanZ will provide more specific details of the design and measured performance (I don't expect him to ship those bear traps to the NRC). They're working with some very good quality fundamentals (high sensitivity, for lifelike dynamic range, and which should correspond to lower distortion; coaxial drivers provide an acoustic point source, which should pay dividends in uniform polars and versatility in that they would be good anywhere from the near-field out to greater distances; non-resonant bass alignment...). The craftsmanship is also interesting. The marketing hoopla is rather worthless.
Thank you for your thoughtful opinion. We will repeat the measurements, taking into account the comments made here and provide more detailed photos.
A week, maybe a little later. Now we are busy working on payments part.
As for the measurements in the NRC, I can confirm that as soon as the acoustics will be paid and will go to the USA, before receiving the buyer, it will be delivered to the NRC, measured and presented to the public.

David Bookman

David Bookman

Enthusiast
It should be understood that the system of such dimensions and design will not sound correct in the rooms with low ceilings and an area of less than 30 square meters.
What is the reason for this restriction?

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
What is the reason for this restriction?
Each room has its own influence on the sound.
Invited Teachers of musical sound engineering at "The Ural State Conservatory in the name of M. P. Mussorgskii") conducted an audition including a very large, I would even say exorbitant volume, trying to identify all possible flaws at peak loads.
From the conclusion we can see that the acoustics coped with all the overloads. However, the effect of limited floor space (listened in the room of 17m2), at peak time on a Very large volume of course felt. I would like to note that being a fan of listening at high volume, I could hardly stand these sound overloads.
Of course, that no one will listening acoustics at that level, and this was done to check the system. When switching to a high, but adequate for listening volume, the influence of the room became almost invisible.
Of course you need to take into account the fact that we all listen to stereo. And than stronger (denser, richer) acoustics forms the sound field, the farther apart we place the speakers, the further we can place ourselves, which of course will have a positive impact on the perception of sound.
Thus, taking into account these possibilities of acoustics, PLK WAGNER are able to give even more pleasure from listening in large rooms. However, even in this (17m2) room, when comparing Wagners with smaller specimens, the choice in favor of our system was obvious to all.

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
One more opinion.

IVAN KOSTAREV

(expert of high-end audio equipment; owner of Wadia 270SE transport, DAC Wadia 9, Power amplifier Audio Research VT-100, Speakers Legacy audio focus 20/20)

It became an interest to listen to the system as soon as I have heard of it. I immediately agreed to take part in the presentation. Sounding of the large speakers over-delivered on my expectations. I brought my favorite playlist with me which had some scenes of not easy playback for acoustics. Wagner did it perfectly however. Sounding of the speakers was deep, reproducing all the slightest shades very accurately. Clear bass, soft and expressive midrange frequencies and openly breathing treble. The sound worthy of note!
The speakers are put in sturdily constructed heavy cabinets “for a full due” as the saying goes, as the final perfect touch of masters.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis