PLK WAGNER acoustics

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
This looks similar to a speaker from Serious Stereo (seriously, that's their company name) that uses a 15" Altec 604 coax and a rather huge TL cab, designed and built by a nutty guy who lives out in rural Montana with the bears. Strange coincidence? You decide.
Not even close. Own construction of cabinets, drivers custom made in Europe according to our drawings and specifications.

Last edited:
David Bookman

David Bookman

Enthusiast
This looks similar to a speaker from Serious Stereo (seriously, that's their company name) that uses a 15" Altec 604 coax and a rather huge TL cab, designed and built by a nutty guy who lives out in rural Montana with the bears. Strange coincidence? You decide.
The resemblance is small. They are smaller and the design is not very

Last edited:
David Bookman

David Bookman

Enthusiast
We would but there seems to be a Russian mole in the White House and he needs those kids for the upcoming vacation season at his hotels.
Excuse me, are You paranoid too?)))

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pity. Ottawa, ON.
Yep that's pretty far from where I am, not even the same country. I'd say I won't lose any sleep over it but that sounds funny as I've got a bit of insomnia tonight/this morning.

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
Yep that's pretty far from where I am, not even the same country. I'd say I won't lose any sleep over it but that sounds funny as I've got a bit of insomnia tonight/this morning.
Perhaps you will have a chance. In Canada, we will make measurements. Next, the acoustics will go to the buyer. In agreement with him, we will make a presentation.
So, slip tide, my friend. )))

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
Are you manufacturer?
Yes, these are cables of our production, but while we are not ready to bring them to the market (June-July) , we will try to announce the prices early. However, I am sure that in terms of price-quality ratio they will be quite attractive.

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
PLK Nordic - interconnect, PLK Nordic A1 - acousticView attachment 29256View attachment 29257
Surely it should state Passion for your money. Look, it's not my business to decide who uses which web forum, and please don't take it that way, but having said that I simply think you've chosen the wrong one. You're making a complete tit of yourself, especially with your Sancho Panza coming here as a comic element to fight your quarrels and defend your honour. Don't tell me you don't see how it's a bit silly altogether.

Joining any forum to declare you've made a speaker to end all speakers because you've popped a Tannoy driver into an armoir is a sure way to stir some sh*ts'n'giggles.

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
Joining any forum to declare you've made a speaker to end all speakers because you've popped a Tannoy driver into an armoir is a sure way to stir some sh*ts'n'giggles.
Thank you for your valuable and very informative opinion. I can only repeat that the enclosure and drivers are originally developed by PLK team.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Perhaps you will have a chance. In Canada, we will make measurements. Next, the acoustics will go to the buyer. In agreement with him, we will make a presentation.
So, slip tide, my friend. )))
If you make those measurements public, that is commendable. I think everyone giving Ivan flak here should back off. How many manufacturers are willing to publish third party verification of their products? Even if the product doesn't measure all that well, I still have a lot of respect for someone who is willing to put their money where their mouth is. That is not that common of a trait amongst loudspeaker manufacturers. There have been several unfortunate instances where I had a product scheduled to be reviewed, but then the manufacturer backed out when they realized my reviews entailed measurements. I won't say who those manufacturers are, but it is disappointing. So my advice to those in this thread is to hold Ivan to his promise to get these measured, but take it easy on him otherwise. His willingness to have his product publicly measured already puts him above a whole tier of manufacturers who make all kind of grandiose claims about their product but hide its actual performance.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm just giving him a hard time due to the spam nature of this thread.

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
If you make those measurements public, that is commendable. I think everyone giving Ivan flak here should back off. How many manufacturers are willing to publish third party verification of their products? Even if the product doesn't measure all that well, I still have a lot of respect for someone who is willing to put their money where their mouth is. That is not that common of a trait amongst loudspeaker manufacturers. There have been several unfortunate instances where I had a product scheduled to be reviewed, but then the manufacturer backed out when they realized my reviews entailed measurements. I won't say who those manufacturers are, but it is disappointing. So my advice to those in this thread is to hold Ivan to his promise to get these measured, but take it easy on him otherwise. His willingness to have his product publicly measured already puts him above a whole tier of manufacturers who make all kind of grandiose claims about their product but hide its actual performance.
Thank you so much for your support, shadyJ.
Yes, this is the plan and we will not deviate from it, because we are confident in the quality of our product.
This is not an empty statement of crazy DIY-er.
Soon, on the website there will be a review of professional sound engineers, teachers of the URAL STATE MUSSORGSKY CONSERVATOIRE (Yekaterinburg) which lists the pros and cons. All to be honest.
Understand, friends, finding your own sound in the world of acoustics is an honor that brings more enjoyment than sales figures.
We have no money for professional promotion now, we do as we can.
We want , that people to somehow know about us, so that our work is not wasted.
Do not deny us understanding and support.

P. S. You can not even imagine what mountains you need to turn to issue all the papers for export from Russia. Perhaps you need almost as much work as the development of acoustics.

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
Everything is made by own hands:

IMG_1564кмчб.jpg
IMG_8082кмчб.jpg

We created seven prototypes, oneof which meeting the above requirementswas left after careful selection.
After months of work, an option appeared on which everything and everybody concurred. Energy and nature of the system was felt even at the modeling stage.

Last edited:
IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
As I promised earlier, a review by A. A. BOKOVIKOV and V. A. KATKOV
(Teachers of musical sound engineering at "The Ural State Conservatory in the name of M. P. Musorgskiy» https://uralconsv.org/english-version )

After listening to the PLK Wagner system we would like to point out a number of either positive and negative points:
For advantages, we would like to accentuate on fairly fast focused bass without a hint of «reflex slur», that is quite a difficult task taking into account such dimensions of the speaker and the whole cabinets. These features of the low-frequency part of the spectrum have a positive effect in conditions of a non-ideal listening room. The cabinet design as a whole does not give any audible artifacts and overtones.
Besides, as an absolute advantage, the choice of coaxial design of the two-way system should be noted. This allows you to get a fairly flat phase response in the entire range of work. We liked the good, clear and fast testing of transients, which, when using a fast and neutral studio amplifier, makes the system close in its sound to the studio far-field monitoring systems.
In general, the system is critical to the acoustic design of the room and its location in it. It should be understood that the system of such dimensions and design will not sound correct in the rooms with low ceilings and an area of less than 30 square meters. Also, if the room is not sufficiently prepared, such features as absence of clear phantom center and significant loss of clarity of the sound stage may manifest themselves while the listener is moving around the room.
It should be noted that after listening to the system with several amplifiers, their significant influence on the character of the whole system sound was found out. The system requires careful choice of the amplifier for the aesthetics and needs of a particular listener.

IvanZ

IvanZ

Audioholic Intern
фотопанов-768x512.jpg

One more review from PANOV EVGENII ( "Reportage" band )

In my view a distinctive feature of this sound system is solidity and I would even say thoroughbred sound. I spend much time at work in my studio and my ear got used to dry and accurate sound of professional studio monitors. Household acousticsas a rule hasaspecific color. Therefore, to be honest, I did not expect to hear such an accurate, “uncolored” sound. Of course, there are differences from the studio monitors sounding but Wagnermakes you believe in purity of its sound from the very first moment.

Even if you are accustomed to sounding of the music you know, this system will open it even more deeply, making the smallest overtones audible that it seems – if you reach your hand out — you would touch the performer. Due to the large dynamic, with its “breath” the system reminded me of Tannoy Westminster. It has the same strong and expressive sound field. At this, there are differences in sound transmission. Wagner sounding seemed to be more transparent, while Tannoy accentuates the lower frequency a bit harder. And yet I would listen to Wagners due to more comfortable and unfatiguing sounding.I would like to note that PLK managed to find the line between brightness and delicacy of sound delivery: they created truly noble sounding. Thank you for the opportunity to get acquainted with such a system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis