Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
And they absolutely have a serious problem with reflections in rooms that can't be well light controlled.
Just a note - my new Panny G10 has an anti-reflective coating on it that works really well (at least that I've noticed so far). The screen will show more reflections if looking at it from the side (but not bad), but straight on it really mutes the reflections.

I was nervous about lighting because I have two windows behind my seating area and one large patio door off to the side. So far, I haven't noticed a problem. The thing that reflects, and that I noticed and was bothered by at the store, is the shiny bezel.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Just a note - my new Panny G10 has an anti-reflective coating on it that works really well (at least that I've noticed so far). The screen will show more reflections if looking at it from the side (but not bad), but straight on it really mutes the reflections.

I was nervous about lighting because I have two windows behind my seating area and one large patio door off to the side. So far, I haven't noticed a problem. The thing that reflects, and that I noticed and was bothered by at the store, is the shiny bezel.
Unless you are in the worst room at all times, plasma should be an option to purchase for a display. Glad you like yours Adam. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok I'm going with Plasma. Everyone has mentioned Panny as the best Plasma but the place I've been going too that sold me my PSB speakers and Yamaha receiver doesn't carry Panasonic. They carry Samsung and Sharp and a few others. I know Samsung does do plasma but I don't know if Sharp does them as well. Also, how does Samsung stack up to Panny? Its goign to be a tight budget...looking at no more than $1800 Cnd taxes in for a 52" ..

annunaki

annunaki

For one Plasma typically does not come in 52" sizes.

For me the Panasonic's always had better blacks. While the Samsung's had accurate color & clarity, they were much more reflective, and did not have quite as much "pop" due to higher contrast with the Panasonic's. The other is the fact that Samsung's, on average, have needed service more often than Panasonic's (not just with plasma, but all sets).

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Ok I'm going with Plasma. Everyone has mentioned Panny as the best Plasma but the place I've been going too that sold me my PSB speakers and Yamaha receiver doesn't carry Panasonic. They carry Samsung and Sharp and a few others. I know Samsung does do plasma but I don't know if Sharp does them as well. Also, how does Samsung stack up to Panny? Its goign to be a tight budget...looking at no more than $1800 Cnd taxes in for a 52" ..
I concur with annunaki. Sammys are 50 or 58 in your size range. Costco Canada has the Panasonic TC50PS14 for 1999, the x14, for 1399 both less taxes

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Hey 3db

how often do you buy a display...just a thought? I'd wait on Future Shop because you know they'll have a massive sale...they always do, or get them to price match;). FWIW the other day the 50" S1 was on sale for 1999.99 and prior to that sale the G10 which included a free BRP was listed at 2699.00.

Just my 2 cents, Bill..:)
PS: I'm itching to get my display but I'm going to enjoy my summer and save the extra dough and do it right...:cool::)

Last edited:
dobyblue

dobyblue

Senior Audioholic
FWIW the 58" V10 should be in Canada by the end of Summer.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
This

FWIW the 58" V10 should be in Canada by the end of Summer.
will almost certainly be out of my price range! Just wondering unless your a tweak freak or ISF savvy there shouldn't be much if any difference bewteen the V & G series?

skaks

Audiophyte
Do you have a budget for your TV, new products are coming out in the next 3 months, so if you are willing to get a last years model, there will be some great deals to be had...

New 58" & 65" Plasma's will be late summer, so the old models will drop in price to clear out inventory, in fact they are already dropping quite a bit.

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
I mentioned it in my other thread...but there are indeed great deals to be had at the moment with the new models rolling in...especially if you don't have an objection to picking up a 2008 model. I snagged a Pioneer Elite Pro-111FD for $2,399...but have seen the Panasonic TH-50PZ850 for $1,498..TH-58PZ800U for $1,910....TH-58PZ850U $2,399 -- to name just a few. And the prices are dropping pretty good even on the new Panasonics -- you can get the TC-P54G10 for $1,700 at OneCall. In short, you have no shortages of good deals on 2008 models or good prices on the newly released Panasonics...

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Budget is $1300. cdn taxes in which is low but thats all I have. :(

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
I poked around a bit, and given your budget, I think the best bet is definitely the panasonic plasma which has been recommended many times here. If you shop around well, you should be able to find the TC-P46G10 at or maybe a few bucks over your budget price....

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Budget is $1300. cdn taxes in which is low but thats all I have. :(
Well, if you stop buying records for 3 months your budget will be up and the prices will be down ... :)

Just saying ... :D

K

katmu

Audiophyte
I finally ordered my TV yesterday and now I'm wondering if I should have shopped a bit more for price. I ordered the Panasonic TC-P42G10 for $938 through 6th Ave on Amazon. Good price? Anyone have experience with 6th Ave?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That price is pretty good. Buydig.com has it for $900 with some free cables (probably about $20 worth of stuff), but that's not a huge difference. I've read some good things about 6th Avenue, and I feel more comfortable when I buy through Amazon because of their customer service if something goes wrong.

M

mike171979

Enthusiast
Frys currently has a 60" LG 1080p Plasma, that is THX certified for only $1500.

Unbelievable price for a great set.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis