PB13-ULTRA Rosewood or Textured black ?

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ok guys Its Official 99% Rosenut and 1% black is what im feeling . Now hopefully I wont change my mind from now and when I put my order in . I know everyones probably wondering when ... Arent you :p;):D P.s Please dont tell the penguins :(:p

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Ok guys Its Official 99% Rosenut and 1% black is what im feeling . Now hopefully I wont change my mind from now and when I put my order in . I know everyones probably wondering when ... Arent you :p;):D P.s Please dont tell the penguins :(:p
Just place the order now... That way there's no way to change your mind before you order:D:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, but if you got the black ... it would just blend right in ... :D

Hey, I'm just sayin' ... :D:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just remember - you can always call them back if you change your mind after you order.

:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I heard that the black ones sound better. :eek::D:p

I really do like the Rosenut better. ;)

Last edited:
TheFactor

TheFactor

Well I talked to SVS to find out if the textured black is a vinyl wrap or sprayed on for the pb13 and was told it was a spray on .......... oh my that makes it even more appealing for me since it will be even more durable "IMO" .. SOMEBODY HELP ME ... UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH :p:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yo, Factor! You could really give Strube a run for his money in the upcoming Olympic Waffling Event. I would be struggling with the decision too. It's so easy to go with 'safe' black, 'good enough' black. I encourage you to go with Rosenut because it's a risk and when it does turn your room into the dawning of a new day, you'll be able to say, "I did that".

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Well I talked to SVS to find out if the textured black is a vinyl wrap or sprayed on for the pb13 and was told it was a spray on .......... oh my that makes it even more appealing for me since it will be even more durable "IMO" .. SOMEBODY HELP ME ... UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH :p:D
pssst. post #17 :D

it's not exactly the same, but i personally can't tell the difference. i think the NSD's are vinyl, and the textured blacks are sprayed on.
go Oak.

AVTALK measured the Oak and it measured really well. you can't risk going for the TB or Rosenut ;)

strube

strube

Okay, you have won the gold medal in the waffling olympics, whcih means I only get a silver! Just get the Rosenut that you were 99% sure on. If you don't like it you can always spray paint it black! :D:eek::rolleyes::cool:;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, you have won the gold medal in the waffling olympics, whcih means I only get a silver! Just get the Rosenut that you were 99% sure on. If you don't like it you can always spray paint it black! :D:eek::rolleyes::cool:;)
The sin of spray painting that makes me certain that Rosenut is Right ...
... but the oak ... oh, the oak ... he he he :D

strube

strube

... but the oak ... oh, the oak ... he he he :D
The oak could be good too. My bottom line:

real wood veneer = refined, elite, freaking sweet action
paint or vinyl = sort of lame when the other option (see above) costs the same

I would also take a stained wood grand piano over one of those ugly gloss black ones any day... :D

The only way I would get that textured black one over the others is if I were building a system in a machine shop so the technicians could listen to some tunes or watch a film on their break. It would also fit well in a GreaseMonkey - you need good bass on the TV shows while you wait for them to change your oil. But that is just me.

Last edited:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Ya know what, I just reviewed your thread in the systems gallery and after seeing more pics of your room, I am changing my vote to OAK. It would look great sitting next to the black speakers. I mean, your side tables are light wood and black. At least it goes with the established theme of the room.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That's it. Now he's never gonna pull the trigger. Even Strube concedes the Waffle in this one is strong. Just wait until he starts to consider the raw awesomeness of DIY ... I need another Waffle/Force line here. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just wait until he starts to consider the raw awesomeness of DIY ...
Who's being mean now? :D

So, Factor, the options appear to be: textured black Ultra, rosenut Ultra, oak Ultra, cylinder Ultra, DIY, and...keep the one that you have. I might be missing two or three, though. :)

TheFactor

TheFactor

Just place the order now... That way there's no way to change your mind before you order... Nice try lol
Adam;532108]Just buy a cylinder. There's no color choice to worry about. ........... Adam how dare you add another great option : )
Yo, Factor! You could really give Strube a run for his money in the upcoming Olympic Waffling Event. I would be struggling with the decision too. It's so easy to go with 'safe' black, 'good enough' black. I encourage you to go with Rosenut because it's a risk and when it does turn your room into the dawning of a new day, you'll be able to say, "I did that] ............... Well atleast I won something I sure cant win a desicion lol and yes I think your wright about not choosing black , those are great reasons
mike c;. post #17 :D

go Oak.

AVTALK measured the Oak and it measured really well. you can't risk going for the TB or Rosenut........ LOL Good point :D and I remember you saying that mike in Post # 17 lol but you said I "think'' and I just wanted to confirm it and you were correct sir :) I should of known better to dought you :) you havent let me down yet on your great advice !!!
Okay, you have won the gold medal in the waffling olympics, whcih means I only get a silver! Just get the Rosenut that you were 99% sure on. If you don't like it you can always spray paint it black! ]........... No worries silvers not bad :p LOL You know I thought of that spraying it if I didnt like the Rosenut just to take the pressure off my Desicion and im still mad at Myself for even thinking that for a second :eek:
... but the oak 1"]oh, the oak ... he he he =strube;532219]The oak could be good too. My bottom line:

real wood veneer = refined, elite, freaking sweet action
paint or vinyl = sort of lame when the other option (see above) costs the same

I would also take a stained wood grand piano over one of those ugly gloss black ones any day...

The only way I would get that textured black one over the others is if I were building a system in a machine shop so the technicians could listen to some tunes or watch a film on their break. It would also fit well in a GreaseMonkey - you need good bass on the TV shows while you wait for them to change your oil. But that is just me.................. I like your way of thinking and makes a lot of sense for sure :)
Ya know what, I just reviewed your thread in the systems gallery and after seeing more pics of your room, I am changing my vote to OAK. It would look great sitting next to the black speakers. I mean, your side tables are light wood and black. At least it goes with the established theme of the room..................................... Dave I was just starting to like you until you threw the oak at me now : lol :D good points though
That's it. Now he's never gonna pull the trigger. Even Strube concedes the Waffle in this one is strong. Just wait until he starts to consider the raw awesomeness of DIY ... I need another Waffle/Force line here.

No No No I cant even decide on a finish let alone having to pick out all the components for it :D BTW the trigger is half cocked ;)

Last edited:
TheFactor

TheFactor

Sorry guys I had to hack all the smiles out of there because it was only allowing 10 when I responded so , I really screwed that up :eek: Hopefully you can figure it out lol

TheFactor

TheFactor

Ok current status Rosenut ... Oak and .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................textured black..... AS you can see black has moved down and ultimately off the chart and not in the running any longer... im pretty sure :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis