Once again: what are you listening to now?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
The great Quincy Jones and one of my all time favorites
Ai no corrida

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I just like really dig this hottie! :cool:

Wow-what a hottie! Holy smokes! :D

Another hottie! Absolutely beautiful! WOW! :p

Cheers,

Phil

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Today being Sunday, I thought I'd listen to the works of long- and recently departed artists. Here's my playlist (deceased artist name in brackets)

The Prodigy (Keith Flint),Firestarter. Note: Never been to a rave? Crank it up and you'll know (sort of) what it's like. Not surprisingly, Keith was an avid motorcycle racer. He had the adrenalin for it.

Pink Floyd (Sid Barrett),Wish You Were Here. Note: Sid had no role in recording this track, but he was the subject of it. A grateful band's tribute to a lost member. A very classy thing to do.

Warren Zevon (ibid),Werewolves of London. Note: Lively and full of wit. Too bad Warren ignored the signs of a serious illness before it was too late to change the outcome. He didn't get weepy about it though... just played out his last hand and left his music behind.

D ick Dale (ibid),Scalped. If you want to know what it feels like to look at the break on a big day before paddling out and taking a long drop into a 10' wave, this is it!

Devo (Bob Casale),Secret Agent Man. Those drums with changing time signatures... like wow, man. The moniker "Human metronome" doesn't come close to describing Casale.

AC/DC (Bon Scott),Ride On. Bourbon at last call... or more culturally accurate, Bundy and coke.

Black Sabbath (Ronnie James Dio),Children of the Sea. Everyone thought Sabbath was dead when Ozzy left, Dio proved it wasn't. Iommi, as always, provided the support.

David Bowie (ibid),Is There Life on Mars? The recording engineer placed the mics over ten feet back from Bowie for the vocal track, forcing him to extend his vocal intensity. Genius. Performance was... soulful.

James Brown (ibid),Night Train. An oldie reimagined in Motown era, from the hardest working showman in music.

Chicago (Terry Kath),I'm a Man. Too much to say about this one. Let the instrument solos (especially Terry's guitar) tell the tale.

The Doors (Jim Morrison),LA Woman. West Coast cool like only Jim could do.

No hidden meaning in the order, just played them as I browsed my music server's contents.

RIP, dudes. Your music lives on!

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Today being Sunday, I thought I'd listen to the works of long- and recently departed artists. Here's my playlist (deceased artist name in brackets)

The Prodigy (Keith Flint),Firestarter

Pink Floyd (Sid Barrett),Wish You Were Here. Note: Sid had no role in recording this track, bit he was the subject of it.

Warren Zevon (ibid),Werewolves of London

lord helmet Dale (ibid),Scalped

Devo (Bob Casale),Secret Agent Man

AC/DC (Bon Scott),Ride On

Black Sabbath (Ronnie James Dio),Children of the Sea

David Bowie (ibid),Is There Life on Mars?

James Brown (ibid),Night Train

Chicago (Terry Kath),I'm a Man

The Doors (Jim Morrison),LA Woman

No hidden meaning in the order, just played them as I browsed my music server's contents.

RIP, dudes. Your music lives on!
What no John Lennon number 9 dream? One of my all time favorites...

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
What no John Lennon number 9 dream? One of my all time favorites...
I like the Beatles music but the recordings are just so bloody awful that I've given up trying to play them in digital. Listened to this on white vinyl back in the day though. Appealed to my inner prog rocker.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I like the Beatles music but the recordings are just so bloody awful that I've given up trying to play them in digital. Listened to this on white vinyl back in the day though. Appealed to my inner prog rocker.
I do like most of the other songs on your list especially Werewolves of London and LA Woman late Morrison but one of his very best. Good list overall. RIP people we remember...

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
I do like most of the other songs on your list especially Werewolves of London and LA Woman late Morrison but one of his very best. Good list overall. RIP people we remember...
All good. Some of my tastes are out there... I listen to pretty much anything but disco, CW, rap, classical... or really bad recordings. Still like cheap beer though!

I'm hoping to post something every Sunday but the wave forecast is looking very my part of the world and I'm planning to be on my surfboard untill my arms give up, a rip takes me, or a shark has a go. We'll just have to see how things go...

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Van Morrison Moon dance, Wild Nights and Tupelo Honey. His 3 best IMHO and some of my all time favorites.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Metallica

I even like “Until it Sleeps” from the Load album. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sarah is just absolutely amazing! WoW!:cool:

Avril can really belt out the lyrics like no other! WoW!

Now a bit more grown up Avril is even more amazing! Just saying........:)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis