Once again: what are you listening to now?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I posted this song a few threads back but glad you stumbled across them anyway. :) I'm missing two of their albums, the two prior to this one being released. I bought it on vinyl and CD was packaged in as well. I really like their stuff and they sound more than just two guys playing if you know what I mean. :)
I've been on travel, so I can't really get on the forums much. Haven't had a chance to listen to all the included tracks, but at least I get to listen to my music during the day while I am working on this trip :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Between this thread and the Symphonic Metal thread I'm having trouble listening to Thorogood Live on CD.

Alex...I'm on the hunt now to collect them.
On the hunt? That's way worse than incidental browsing ... which got me this CD.

I remember it from MTV and I really liked it way back. Then I ran into it at the Goodwill Store for a couple a bucks. The rest of the CD doesn't appeal to me but for two bucks I got to make my g/f really wonder about what was going on in my head. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Robert Plant and the CD Band of Joy. It's full of excellent music and great sound quality. Plant doesn't have the shriek he used with Led Zeppelin, but his quiet voice is really appealing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LREVZSIcL8
I like his voice as well but this CD is not one of his better ones. I find that there are only 3 to 4 songs and the rest is all filler type material. I like his previous two much better.

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
Couldn't dig her earlier stuff, Grammy winning or otherwise.

This seems a bit edgier, with a Patsy Cline twang...

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Son Volt, from The Search - Underground Dream...has a nice jangley Byrds-like guitar background, accompanied by a drifting synthetic string section.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

I like his voice as well but this CD is not one of his better ones. I find that there are only 3 to 4 songs and the rest is all filler type material. I like his previous two much better.
Each time I hear it, I like it better. I actually like it better than the one with Allison Krause which sounded mainly like a T Bone Burnett album to me (even though I like T Bone).

poutanen

poutanen

Full Audioholic
Couldn't dig her earlier stuff, Grammy winning or otherwise.

This seems a bit edgier, with a Patsy Cline twang...
Actually this is one of the few female singers I've liked recently. Decent song!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Dream Theater "Octavarian" on CD. I can't remember the CD.. I passed out after the 2nd song (which I liked ) .:eek:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Between this thread and the Symphonic Metal thread I'm having trouble listening to Thorogood Live on CD.

On the hunt? That's way worse than incidental browsing ... which got me this CD.

I remember it from MTV and I really liked it way back. Then I ran into it at the Goodwill Store for a couple a bucks. The rest of the CD doesn't appeal to me but for two bucks I got to make my g/f really wonder about what was going on in my head. :D

Grow your haor out in dreadlocks man, wear colorful clothing, hang a dube out from between your lips and rock on. :D

I remember that song and remembering changing teh lyrics to "one ton o-mirjuana" "

V

valvesnvinylfan

Audioholic
Original DGG Holland pressing of Argerich/Rostropovich playing Chopin: Sonata Op.65 Polonaise Op 3 and Schumann: Adagio & allegro Op 70. Sublime music making indeed.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Haydn Symphony #94 on CD
Dream Theater "Octavarian" on CD
David Clayton Thomas "Live" on CD

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Right now, it's another listen to Robert Plant's Band of Joy. Each time I hear this, I like it more. That came after another favorite, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds doing Dig Lazarus Dig. Have your dictionary, Bible and mythology text available for this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4reV9SRMUY

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, that's a good one too. Also like "My Next Girl" :) Was listening to that album yesterday. Today:

Peter Gabriel - SO - CD
Porcupine Tree - Signify, Insignificance (2CD set)
Godsmack - IV - CD

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
Back Back Train>Aerosmith
Done Somebody Wrong>Elmore James
Dust My Blues>Elmore James
I Can't quit you baby>John Lee Hooker

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Back Back Train>Aerosmith
Done Somebody Wrong>Elmore James
Dust My Blues>Elmore James
I Can't quit you baby>John Lee Hooker
John Lee Hooker did a Willie Dixon song? Cool. :) Willie Dixon rules the blues.

B

bruceh

Junior Audioholic
Current favorites

Kirk Franklin - Hello Fear (awesome, maybe his best yet)
Chris Hillman/Herb Pederson - At Edwards Barn (fantastic harmonizing)
Gene Clark - White Light
Bruce Cockburn - Small Source of Comfort
Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
Joe Bonamasoo - Black Rock
Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
Chicago VII
John Stewart - Cannons in the Rain; California Bloodlines
Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
Rush - Permanent Waves
Elvis Presley - Elvis is Back (reissue is fantastic!)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis