Once again: what are you listening to now?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Deftones are similar to who? What genre?
I can't say that they are really similar to anyone, but they are heavier guitar rock. This is probably their best known song (acoustic version):

This is my favorite song from the current album Diamond Eyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero CD
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia CD

V

valvesnvinylfan

Audioholic
Billie Holiday, "Body and Soul" LP reissue from Speakers Corner. Wonderful, wonderful music and glorious sound for an older recording. One of the best LPs I've gotten this year.

S

swspiers

Audioholic
Dopesmoker by Sleep.

And no- I personally do not indulge. But this is one 52-minute massive riff of sludge, and certainly an acquired taste.

It is giving my Emotiva Ultra-10 sub the biggest workout of the year so far. Unbelievable bass. I am in awe...:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Black Keys "Brothers" on vinyl

Metric "Fantasies"

Mozart "Clairinette Concertoe" on CD

V

valvesnvinylfan

Audioholic
Finally got around to listening to my copy of The Roots, "How I Got Over" LP, awesome album. The track with musical guest Joanna Newsom is especially catchy, and it's a very polished, good-sounding record, too.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Renaissance: The Masters Series Part 12 compiled and mixed by James Zabiela
current track is Cyan341 - Pattern 4 (LJ Kruzer Mix)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Pink Floyd - The Wall 25th Anniversary - MP3 via Amazon Cloud Player

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
"Live From the American Ballroom" by Donna the Buffalo

Familiar with this band? Perhaps you should be. :cool:

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
"Live From the American Ballroom" by Donna the Buffalo

Familiar with this band? Perhaps you should be. :cool:
Quite familiar, a jam-band staple. In a similar corner of the musical world, I'm making my way though String Cheese Incident's "Untying the Not" and getting a dose of psychedelia as they romp though a whole series of songs made of meandering noises. Makes me want to smoke some weed and spend a weekend at a festival. You can find lots of live music from Donna at www.archive.org

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Joe Satriani: Anthology

The Crush of Love

I'm listening to this for the first time really ... I guess this guy can play guitar.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai

The Crush of Love

I'm listening to this for the first time really ... I guess this guy can play guitar.
Satch can play, that's for sure.

Matt34

Matt34

Alternating between the new Alison Krauss & Union Station release and some Rise Against, Appeal to Reason.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
When I was in NYC over the weekend I ran into a Borders that was closing and all the cd's were 70% off.

Picked up:

Brett Dennen - Hope for the Homeless - amazing singer song/writer

Mosters of Folk - kind of a mini supergroup with guys from My morning jacket and Bright Eye's.

Dweezil Zappa - Return of The Son Of ..... - Great live cd from the Zappa plays Zappa shows.

Big Head Todd and the Monsters - Rocksteady

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

The Crush of Love

I've been talkin' up Satch for years... You're like my wife. She doesn't listen either!:D

The beauty of JS is that he doesn't let his virtuosity get in the way of melody...but it's still there. He can shred with the best of them but his music has feeling no mater how fast or slow the tempo is. It's not just about how many notes you can play how fast. Ok, I'll stop now.:eek::)

Jeff Campitelli, his drummer, is one of my all time favorites also. :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis