Once again: what are you listening to now?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Dead 60's Self Titled on CD

First song of that album

Last edited by a moderator:
Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I've been on an old school metal kick as of late.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bruce Springsteen's latest, a double CD, The Promise. It's a compilation of songs that were cast aside when he made Darkness at the Edge of Town, arguably his best album. It has a different version of Racing in the Streets, his versions of Because the Night, which was a cover hit for 10,000 Maniacs and Patti Smith and Fire, which was recorded by the Pointer Sisters. The song, The Promise, definitely would have been one of his most well known if it had been published on an album. In this case, he had more good songs to throw away than most performers ever write. Most of it is pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmz9TWOtl1I

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Zutons "Who Killed The Zutons" on CD

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yesterday was Jagged Little Pill Acoustic

and a little Craig Chaquico

Right now: Springsteen We Shall Overcome The Seeger Sessions Dual Disc

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Nothing but the classics tonight.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Lonnie Johnson "Living Room Sessions" on CD

Guitar Shorty "Bare Knuckle" on CD

both are blues CDs..

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Hives "The Black & White Album" on CD

"The Blues: A Real Summit" side 1 on vinyl

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I got to messing around with the records and threw this on ...

It's a little poppy but not enough to take away from amazing emotion in the voice of some woman's singing. I recognize the tone from the trail of broken hearts I've left behind. :D

So that image is from eBay. My copy has a bigger box due to the sleeves actually being on a metal hinge. I thought it was so cool that I broke out the camera.

The close up:

My lyric inspired wit led to the playing of this LP:

... namely this tune:

Now the difference from this YouTube thing to vinyl would make 3db mess himself over vinyl completely owning that compressed crap they dare to call music. I've never really noticed this with any other recording. As a matter of fact the Tom Petty She's a woman in love video/recording on YouTube rivaled the quality of my LP ... go figure.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I need to pick up Kick on CD or something. I only have it on vinyl and don't currently have a turntable. I found some old cassettes :eek: and was listening to this

because my new car happens to have a cassette player integrated into the 6 disc changer. I haven't had a cassette player in over 10 years.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis