Once again: what are you listening to now?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I need to pick up Kick on CD or something. I only have it on vinyl and don't currently have a turntable.
If you get a chance to ever compare the vinyl to CD please get back to me with your thoughts. Like I said, I don't always find it to be the case but on vinyl Mystify just does something to me. In particular the key strikes of the piano, the echoey finger snaps, and even the vocals have this crisp towel snap there and gone quality that I have no idea how to describe. I think it's the lack of compression but that's just a guess.

The whole TT thing has been my pleasure but this borders on being so wildly excellent that I can't really begin to explain it without sounding ridiculous. Never Tear Us Apart is probably the bigger hit ... great sax and back up vocals on that if you pay attention. I gotta take this album to a friend's place so I can crank the snot out of it. Being a condo dweller with a conscience is murdering my spirit. F^%&! :eek:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
If you get a chance to ever compare the vinyl to CD please get back to me with your thoughts. Like I said, I don't always find it to be the case but on vinyl Mystify just does something to me. In particular the key strikes of the piano, the echoey finger snaps, and even the vocals have this crisp towel snap there and gone quality that I have no idea how to describe. I think it's the lack of compression but that's just a guess.

The whole TT thing has been my pleasure but this borders on being so wildly excellent that I can't really begin to explain it without sounding ridiculous. Never Tear Us Apart is probably the bigger hit ... great sax and back up vocals on that if you pay attention. I gotta take this album to a friend's place so I can crank the snot out of it. Being a condo dweller with a conscience is murdering my spirit. F^%&! :eek:
Headphones my man...

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall

Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall (live) on CD.

This is a must have for any jazz fan. Apparently this was just sitting in a box since recorded in 1957 until an employee of the Library of Congress found it in 2005.
Well worth the wait.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Another CD that plays with imaging.

Last edited by a moderator:
psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Buddy Guy

Buddy Guy - Living Proof on CD.

At 74 years young, Buddy Guy is still killing it. This is a great CD. The Cd just rocks. At a minute 1.32 in this video, Buddy shows why he is truly the one of the greatest blues guitarists ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doBxLZJzLsE

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Silverchair Frogstomp CD

Last edited by a moderator:
skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
This is so unlike anything Nick Cave has done. It's a double CD called White Lunar, music from several movies including the downest movie ever made that was worth seeing, The Road. The music from The Road is completely different from Cave's punk derived music either with the Bad Seeds or Grinderman. Music from The Road is quite, slow, somber chamber-like music. The Road is a movie that takes root in your nightmares, haunts you and when you hear the music, it comes back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM3PG01IS20

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Led Zeppelin "Led Zeppelin" on vinyl. I must have played this album at least a 100 times in a 30 year span and it still sounds amazing to this dya.

The Allman Brothers "At The Filmore East" on CD

Tom Petty & The Heart Breakers "MOJO" on CD

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis