highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
J6- cracked me up when conservative media only showed the camera footage inside of the WH. Officers were told to deescalate the situation. If you'd scene the footage outside near the entrances It didn't look too good. Flag poles, or crutches were used as weapons, and in general a bunch of thugs getting violent. The conservative media planted the idea it wasn't an insurrection because that involves I guess machine guns and more of a military styled, guerilla operation. Yet their they were using what they could with force. The alt-right. Enter Tucker Carlson's Jan 6th docu. I guess the people in the back of the crowd were all right. They didn't do any harm. Though if the GOP were Washington's face on Mt Rushmore, I feel like it fell off, crumbling below and sinking in the ravine LOL.
In your opinion, what would have happened if the media had reported Jan 6 less subjectively?

F&ck the media- not many media outlets are telling the truth. That needs to change, on all sides.

highfigh

highfigh

Accept it and go on with life
So, what is the point of freaking out now? The tide changes- whatever someone hates, it will go back to their ways. That doesn't mean I think people should stop being critical of government and especially politicians- that's our job.

highfigh

highfigh

This is the article I posted for William. The US and Canada are suffering from a lack of labourers - skilled and unskilled - due to falling birthrates, as well as a cohort of young people who don't wish to work in the trades. As the article explains, a large portion of the undocumented migrants in the US work in construction. Without them, home construction will slow to a trickle. Up here, we have a Catch-22 situation - a shortfall of people in the construction trades, but a shortfall in affordable housing for new arrivals. So, no housing for the people we need to build housing. :rolleyes:
The Border Crisis Won't Be Solved, No Matter Who Wins the Election (texasmonthly.com)
I went to an event hosted by an AV distributor and was surprised by the average age of the attendees- reps, business owners, managers (installers are working during these events) and combinations of these and by the amount of gray hair and baldness. A few were younger, but the AV industry is aging quickly. Commercial is a different market, although the distributors usually cater to them, too.

I would like to see something showing the average age of construction workers- it has definitely skewed upward.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
In your opinion, what would have happened if the media had reported Jan 6 less subjectively?
And you’re still wondering why people repeatedly are skeptical of your self-proclaimed anti-Trump claims?

I’m sure that the US vice president took the chanting “Hang Mike Pence” by the murderous MAGA crowd quite “subjectively” while they tried to overthrow your democracy.

F&ck the media- not many media outlets are telling the truth. That needs to change, on all sides.
False equivalence.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So, what is the point of freaking out now? The tide changes- whatever someone hates, it will go back to their ways. That doesn't mean I think people should stop being critical of government and especially politicians- that's our job.
You should try read his posts again. It was quite reasonable and not written by a misanthrope.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Right of center is a bad thing? Have I ever alluded to thinking that being left of center is a bad thing? No, I have always said that the extremes need to pound sand, so the middle can fix things. There's a time to be somewhere to left, right or in the middle- it's called 'compromising'. Absolute rigidity is the reason for all of the bullshyte- not enough want to work with others who 'ain't like us'.
You’re far right.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Hmm I seem to remember you acknowledging in the end it was a petty argument. Not because you were joking around initially but rather when it was pointed out that Vance didn't see action either there was nowhere left to go with the argument. Add to it you say things like you're not conservative when all of your tendencies are right of center. Nothing wrong with that. If you acknowledged it. I compare it to closet voters since Trump is taboo.
What he is doing, like several other members, is to focus on the tiny mouse in the porcelain shop while ignoring the elephant stomping around.

If you point that out some of them get offended to have their “objectivity” questioned. They might even reply that you’re nasty! Or a foreigner! And …

You get where they get their “inspiration” from.

D

David_Alexander

Junior Audioholic
The debate here is as polarized as in the general discourse. Just that some on the right seem to think they are voices of reason.
They are not. They are invested in Trump.
That's just the way of it in 2024.

D

David_Alexander

Junior Audioholic
I hope that there is a Republican party, post Trump.

A re-defined party of the right that can move forward and bring the country with them.

Trump is no Republican. Never has been. Never will be.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
I hope that there is a Republican party, post Trump.

A re-defined party of the right that can move forward and bring the country with them.

Trump is no Republican. Never has been. Never will be.
But unfortunately, He and his MAGA movement are now the Republican party. And the rank and file let this happen. So Sad.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

First, I don't think there's such a thing as centrism in journalism. Not too much. Human beings are biased. Not that I don't have my bias. It's just that if you move around the stations you can form your own opinion. Cause that's how it works in a two-party system. Unless you wanna create a One News Media, and I don't know how you do that without power corrupting (a la Russia etc).

While I don't think J6 was exactly a huge scale insurrection, or that democracy died like the left media cry about, the truth is I don't really trust the right. If a 1000 people received sentences, it depends upon what they were. Was it trespassing by pushing through exterior gates? The Shaman got four years reduced to two on good time. Was that trespassing, or was assault involved outside the building too? Should the Proud Boy ring leader, the planner, gotten 29 years sentence? Wow that's a murder charge. I thought about 10 using common sense. Can't remember the guy's name, but the day before he was telling people to go "into" the Capitol. He whispered something into someone's ears as the broke through the exterior barrier. The guy did not go into the Capitol cause he realized it was getting outta control. But after thinking on it, six months seems a lot. But if he was telling people to go into the capitol and whispering into an ear while they broke through well I cannot really argue six months. A quick google search said the number of sentences was 1265. Wasn't there way more than that many people at the Capitol? So the right I don't trust on that cause I think they wanna tone it down as much as possible and say ah it was really nothing. As I've jokingly said. The people in the back were good. Again, if you look at the video closely up near the entrances, it doesn't look good. The right edited that out. Nor could they mention Trump and J6 cause it would get peoples marbles rolling. Was he trying to manipulate them into it? Derelection of duty? Either way, he doesn't really pass the eye test. Hang Mike Pence (ie Hang Mike Pence LOL). Trump's narcissism. He probably spent the remainder of his term golfing and enriching himself cause he was so bitter about losing. If there's anything he can't tolerate is being thought of as a loser. The ultra narcissism and infantile ability to regulate. He's wearing a hat saying 45-47. He went to a 9-11 function at a fire station and said the election was stolen. A fire fighter looked back at him with wide eyes. (WTF! This is a 9-11 event.)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis