highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You either support age limits, or you don't.
Because age isn't the only factor- if they can't pass a cognitive eval, they shouldn't be elected or stay in office.

Man, everything is either/or for you,. isn't it?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Personally I think it should be up to the voters to decide if they think a candidate is too old.
And that could very well be Trump / Biden in November. Many Left/Right/Center think Biden isn't mentally capable, not that he's "old" and will have to decide on the least worst option. It's a rock and a hard place. Vote for the Devil you know or the one you don't. Because I'm not quite positive on who's actually running the presidency. I'm going to have a hard time voting for installed proxies of unknown actors. I'm pleading with the DNC not to put me and millions of others in this predicament.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It's not Bidens age. It's his performance. Had a neighbor at 90 who what sharp as a tack. Died when he was 102.
Biden>performance>age....what's not to understand? Do we really wanna see twilight presidents? I don't think so. If you wanna be active in those years, climb a mountain, or parachute.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Biden>performance>age....what's not to understand? Do we really wanna see twilight presidents? I don't think so. If you wanna be active in those years, climb a mountain, or parachute.
Well we are at a disagreement then... And that's fine.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Because age isn't the only factor- if they can't pass a cognitive eval, they shouldn't be elected or stay in office.

Man, everything is either/or for you,. isn't it?
One thing I never believe is people are truly centrist. Do I really believe the people who are saying Biden needs a cognitive also believe for peace of mind Trump should also undergo one? Of course not.

Age limit law, cognitive test if they're showing signs, and be done with it.

highfigh

highfigh

One thing I never believe is people are truly centrist. Do I really believe the people who are saying Biden needs a cognitive also believe for peace of mind Trump should also undergo one? Of course not.

Age limit law, cognitive test if they're showing signs, and be done with it.
It's very difficult to define 'true centrist', especially when politicians act like they just saw a Squirrel.

Absolutely- any candidate for many high offices need to pass the eval but the parameters need to come from the medical fields, not politicians.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
What I was looking for.... Lindsey Graham saying he thinks Biden needs a cognitive, but when asked on Trump he said sure. Not sure I believe him, but at least he had the courage to say it in front of the camera.

Anyway, with the latest cognitive fiasco, the Democrats will get steamrolled in November with a Trump win.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If Feinstein being rolled out on a wheel chair wasn't silly enough, another reason to have age limits is having 90-100 year olds, regardless of acuity, brings in question their endurance. Particularly the president. I'm waiting for the age discrimination lawsuits to come LOL.

highfigh

highfigh

If Feinstein being rolled out on a wheel chair wasn't silly enough, another reason to have age limits is having 90-100 year olds, regardless of acuity, brings in question their endurance. Particularly the president. I'm waiting for the age discrimination lawsuits to come LOL.
I don't care if someone is in a wheelchair, I care about their mind. If someone can't walk, why force them to? However, Feinstein was well past her 'use by' date.

I would bet that the ACLU will file the lawsuits on the basis of someones' feelings being hurt due to the warm fuzzies they get when they think of their parents or grandparents. Or, a favorite dog. This is for the good of the country, not some family reunion speech.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I don't care if someone is in a wheelchair, I care about their mind. If someone can't walk, why force them to? However, Feinstein was well past her 'use by' date.

I would bet that the ACLU will file the lawsuits on the basis of someones' feelings being hurt due to the warm fuzzies they get when they think of their parents or grandparents. Or, a favorite dog. This is for the good of the country, not some family reunion speech.
Another reason for: they are more likely to die in the middle of their term.

highfigh

highfigh

Another reason for: they are more likely to die in the middle of their term.
But nobody has introduced a bill for this that gained any traction, so I don't believe it will come soon. I could be wrong, though.

They don't seem to die during their terms very often, though. Are they vampires?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
But nobody has introduced a bill for this that gained any traction, so I don't believe it will come soon. I could be wrong, though.

They don't seem to die during their terms very often, though. Are they vampires?
Because they're younger. C'mon man. If I wanna stay young in my 90s and 100s I'll go do a 5k, or go somewhere and climb rocks and enjoy the beautiful view. Jeez is this topic getting stupid.:rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

Because they're younger. C'mon man. If I wanna stay young in my 90s and 100s I'll go do a 5k, or go somewhere and climb rocks and enjoy the beautiful view. Jeez is this topic getting stupid.:rolleyes:
According to the link, the average age in the Senate is 64, 57 for the House. That's definitely younger than 80, but again, you're using examples for yourself without considering limitations that others may have.

If I hadn't screwed up my knee, I would be a lot more active and I have no doubt that this will affect my life span. I would like nothing more than to be able to climb rocks and hike difficult terrain but I can't.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You either support age limits, or you don't.
Why is an age limit relevant to performance? Many people exhibit signs of dementia and Alzheimer’s, or just plain cognitive failure well before 80. Also, many people live beyond 80 without any problems at all. The problem I have with people beyond a certain age is that they can be quite disconnected socially and irrelevant by that time. I couldn’t care less if they tested both of these meatheads.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Why is an age limit relevant to performance? Many people exhibit signs of dementia and Alzheimer’s, or just plain cognitive failure well before 80. Also, many people live beyond 80 without any problems at all. The problem I have with people beyond a certain age is that they can be quite disconnected socially and irrelevant by that time. I couldn’t care less if they tested both of these meatheads.
Do we really want presidents at 90 or 100? LOL. :rolleyes:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Do we really want presidents at 90 or 100? LOL. :rolleyes:
I’d say preferably not. But if they are mentally sound. Why not? My point was more to illustrate that bidens mental capacity is more of a factor than simply his age. It’s just a number kinda thing.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I get the talk about age and the standard distribution of mental maladies. It's related and it's maybe a conversation we need to have as a country and the body politic.

jinjuku

jinjuku

And yet another problem (saw with with Hillary Clinton):

Radio host Andrea Lawful-Sanders has resigned from WURD Radio after admitting her post-debate interview with President Joe Biden included questions that were pre-selected by Biden’s campaign team, the station told CNN Sunday.

“The interview featured pre-determined questions provided by the White House, which violates our practice of remaining an independent media outlet accountable to our listeners,”

The really interesting take away is her post interview comments about how he performed and his fitness. If this is transparent journalism we are fucked. She was in full rally/campaign mode for Biden.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis