highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm not sure he needs an evaluation to know what I already know. He's old LOL. I hope though they put age limits in place, and politicians learn the phrase exiting with dignity LOL.
Which is better, someone whose mind is gone at 81 or someone who's sharp as a tack at 100? I'll take sharp as a tack, any day.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't give Congress a pass for anything- they shove us in directions we don't need to go and guide us away from paths we DO need to take.
I’m pro America, pro freedom etc… I’m very conservative but that doesn’t mean others need to live by my morals so long as they don’t shove their morality down my throat. As far as politician they all suck balls, mine, yours and everyone else’s!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Which is better, someone whose mind is gone at 81 or someone who's sharp as a tack at 100? I'll take sharp as a tack, any day.
I'm more of the belief you've gone downhill in your 70s no matter what, maybe even 60s.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Usually, but there are exceptions. I think we need some exceptional people, in the good way.
In the case of these two candidates age isn't the difference, morality is. Drumphy is also old as f*ck and slipping into dementia as much as anyone....but his morality slips faster.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Usually, but there are exceptions. I think we need some exceptional people, in the good way.
True but politicians need to remember that they are as easily replaceable and forgettable is your average Taco Bell employee.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
True but politicians need to remember that they are as easily replaceable and forgettable is your average Taco Bell employee.
That's not how it tends to work out for incumbents in any case. Term limits and responsibility to voters rather than party might help out....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If you want a 100 year-old Republican. Wish you the best of luck explaining that to the media LOL.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you want a 100 year-old Republican. Wish you the best of luck explaining that to the media LOL.
With current media as long as he's a maga f*ckup they'd probably be okay. There's no introspection there....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
With current media as long as he's a maga f*ckup they'd probably be okay. There's no introspection there....
If you're going to complain about Biden's age than certainly you'd be for age limits. If you're not than what the hell are we discussing this for!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
If you're going to complain about Biden's age than certainly you'd be for age limits. If you're not than what the hell are we discussing this for!
Adding an age limit requirement to be elected US President would require an amendment to your Constitution. I don't see that happen anytime soon, do you?

The other aspect is that both Trump and Biden overwhelmingly won their respective primaries which indicate that the voters where not that concerned about their age. Personally I think it should be up to the voters to decide if they think a candidate is too old.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Adding an age limit requirement to be elected US President would require an amendment to your Constitution. I don't see that happen anytime soon, do you?

The other aspect is that both Trump and Biden overwhelmingly won their respective primaries which indicate that the voters where not that concerned about their age. Personally I think it should be up to the voters to decide if they think a candidate is too old.
I think Biden should step down, but what I am also getting at is Republicans complaining about cognitive testing and age when they don't believe in it when it applies to them. It's very easy for me to see. When highfigh says he's okay with a 100 year old who is sharp as a tack, what he's saying is he's okay with it when it benefits him (ie Republican). Note the lack of 'I think there should be age limits' and/or mandatory cognitive testing. Like having the spine to say it and having it apply to all. It's ridiculous.

Then I think we should have an amendment to the Constitution, but like you said, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Heck, I'll even name it the Biden/Feinstein Law lol.

highfigh

highfigh

I didn't mention party and if you write 'it', you also need to address 'then' or the question isn't complete.

And the last part is part of the bigger problem- the media doesn't get to decide who's suitable, or not. The media tried to tell Americans who to vote for in 2016 and on CBS, they were absolutely dumbfounded when Trump was elected- they said they had no idea how they could be so wrong about how the vote would go.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously" If they're so easy to replace, how have so many been in office for 20+ years and more than 45 years? The only reason a bad Taco Bell worker could be as easily remembered is if they crap in the food of someone famous.

highfigh

highfigh

I think Biden should step down, but what I am also getting at is Republicans complaining about cognitive testing and age when they don't believe in it when it applies to them. It's very easy for me to see. When highfigh says he's okay with a 100 year old who is sharp as a tack, what he's saying is he's okay with it when it benefits him (ie Republican). Note the lack of 'I think there should be age limits' and/or mandatory cognitive testing. Like having the spine to say it and having it apply to all. It's ridiculous.

Then I think we should have an amendment to the Constitution, but like you said, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Heck, I'll even name it the Biden/Feinstein Law lol.
I wrote that I would be OK with that, not that I am but if that 100 year old is sharp as a tack and the alternative is younger and dull, the choice would be clear regardless of the party.

I have posted many times that I can't identify as a Republican OR Democrat because neither represents me. Also, I have posted that I want cognitive testing for a very long time- get your GD facts straight!

highfigh

highfigh

Again, shouldn't the disqualification come from failing a cognitive evaluation? A Yes/No vote after releasing the results would be a good idea but when so few are even aware of the issues on a ballot and so many believe there's nothing in politics that apply to them, I would hate to see the reasoning for their decisions. Hell, it's hard to get most voters to go to the poles as it is in most years.

I think that 80 is a good age to stop but when someone is approaching that age, voters need to consider the possibility that they won't live through the term, especially for the Senate, which is six years.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't mention party and if you write 'it', you also need to address 'then' or the question isn't complete.

And the last part is part of the bigger problem- the media doesn't get to decide who's suitable, or not. The media tried to tell Americans who to vote for in 2016 and on CBS, they were absolutely dumbfounded when Trump was elected- they said they had no idea how they could be so wrong about how the vote would go.
You either support age limits, or you don't.

jinjuku

jinjuku

It's not Bidens age. It's his performance. Had a neighbor at 90 who what sharp as a tack. Died when he was 102.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis