Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Wasn't Hillary referring to Trump deplorables though and their behavior? It seems to me there's no way around a leader with such a vile tongue.
Trump is certainly an issue. He’s an ignorant psychopath. I don’t know what events / defects lead him to be that way. The sad part is, he knows how to speak to people, and people angry enough with the system are listening.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Trump is certainly an issue. He’s an ignorant psychopath. I don’t know what events / defects lead him to be that way. The sad part is, he knows how to speak to people, and people angry enough with the system are listening.
True, but it feels like hate qua hate.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Muslim ban- there's certainly truth towards terrorism, but when Trump passed the ban it feels like islamophobia. I wonder if a more vetted out process was the way vs a complete shutdown.

The Wall- again makes sense with border security, but when Trump announces it it feels like xenophobia (ie Mexicans are rapists).

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
True, but it feels like hate qua hate.
Muslim ban- there's certainly truth towards terrorism, but when Trump passed the ban it feels like islamophobia. I wonder if a more vetted out process was the way vs a complete shutdown.

The Wall- again makes sense with border security, but when Trump announces it it feels like xenophobia (ie Mexicans are rapists).
To borrow a line from a Jedi Master of some repute
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
That this line comes from a glorified puppet in a silly sci-fi space opera does not make it any less true.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
To borrow a line from a Jedi Master of some repute

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

That this line comes from a glorified puppet in a silly sci-fi space opera does not make it any less true.
Pretty much explains Jan 6, and also Trumps intimidation of people.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Pretty much explains Jan 6, and also Trumps intimidation of people.
Trump has a knack for speaking with vigor, which makes him charismatic in his own way. Unfortunately, telling lies with vigor does not alter the fact that they are lies.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Trump has a knack for speaking with vigor, which makes him charismatic in his own way. Unfortunately, telling lies with vigor does not alter the fact that they are lies.
Speaks hate with vigor?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Pretty much. In that sense, he’s not dissimilar from a certain German Fuhrer.
I felt it was his hate speak + owningthelibs that made him so popular. Granted policy too, but even that I felt took a backseat to the former.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I felt it was his hate speak + owningthelibs that made him so popular. Granted policy too, but even that I felt took a backseat to the former.
He proposed an actual solution to illegal immigration. It was a crappy solution, but it’s better than pretending there’s no issue at all. I think that helped his popularity greatly.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
He proposed an actual solution illegal immigration. It was a crappy solution, but it’s better than pretending there’s no issue at all. I think that helped his popularity greatly.
That's policy though. I thought it was he addressed "The Forgotten."

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Honestly, I’d love to have a conversation with the man. His biggest problems seem to be:

1. Impulse control & communication: he spouts off half baked, oftentimes offensive things. I’d opine he’s not necessarily trying to be an a-hole sometimes, nor is he mentally retarded; he just doesn’t know how to communicate his ideas effectively. Injecting bleach may be a horrible plan, but the concept of something that could disinfect us from the inside out is hardly a bad thing; it doesn’t exist, though it would be nice if it did. I was taking to a dentist about this yesterday, and she observed that she “injects” bleach regularly during root canals to sterilize the area.

2. Defensiveness and grudge holding. Due to the above, Trump tends to get a great deal of negative feedback, which he takes a great deal of personal offense to. The effects of this are quite clear, and I don’t think I need to say more.

My *non-professional* opinion is that Trump may well have good intentions and this comes through in his attempts to get the ball rolling on certain issues. He’s just severely misunderstood due to #1, and this causes him to be mocked, leading to #2. Not a good mix of characteristics for being POTUS, but he may not be the devil incarnate either.

Food for thought.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Injecting bleach may be a horrible plan, but the concept of something that could disinfect us from the inside out is hardly a bad thing; it doesn’t exist, though it would be nice if it did. I was taking to a dentist about this yesterday, and she observed that she “injects” bleach regularly during root canals to sterilize the area.
I really doubt that the dentist injected bleach into the bloodstream of the patient.

When holding press conferences about COVID during the pandemic everyone from the government should know what they’re talking about, or know that they don’t know and let other more qualified people talk.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I really doubt that the dentist injected bleach into the bloodstream of the patient.

When holding press conferences about COVID during the pandemic everyone from the government should know what they’re talking about, or know that they don’t know and let other more qualified people talk.
Hence the quotation marks. She uses a syringe to apply bleach at the root canal site to sterilize the operating area.

Agreed on the second part, which is why Trump is out of his depth as POTUS. I don’t know that he considered the possibility he’d actually win, when he first decided to run, TBH.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis