mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
MADA - Make America Dumb Again. The really scary thing is, these people blindly believe in him. They'd vote for him even if he was convicted on all counts.
They would vote for him even if he shot someone on 5th avenue.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Man Steve, you sure luvs you some Chicken !! o_O
I’ve been described by a good friend as “a wee bit eccentric.” ;)

I can’t really figure out the appeal either, other than just as a big F-U to the system that failed them (and it absolutely has failed them as well).
To expand on that last part, I’m talking about things like:
1. The opioid epidemic.
In addition, a December 2017 survey by the National Farmers Union and the American Farm Bureau Federation found that as many as 74 percent of farmers have been directly impacted by the opioid crisis.
Is it a wonder they might not trust vaccines?

Edit: This is my wife's cousin (Stephanie). She was a heroin and meth addict (doing quite well for herself now thankfully).

2. Lack of modern communication technology
This is an anecdote, as it relates to my in-laws. They only recently (within the last couple years) managed to get a ~6mbps satellite connection. It's just barely adequate for a FaceTime call.

Being branded as a bunch of deplorables by Hillary Clinton certainly did nothing to help the situation; it only galvanized them. Branding them as child-hating psychopaths for wanting the right to any semi-automatic rifle they feel is fit for their tasks (pest control, self defense when your nearest neighbor might be a mile or two away, recreation) seems asinine too. It's just a different life out there. If we want to change things, it helps to understand their misery and challenges as well.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I’ve been described by a good friend as “a wee bit eccentric.” ;)

To expand on that last part, I’m talking about things like:
1. The opioid epidemic.

Is it a wonder they might not trust vaccines?

Edit: This is my wife's cousin (Stephanie). She was a heroin and meth addict (doing quite well for herself now thankfully).

2. Lack of modern communication technology
This is an anecdote, as it relates to my in-laws. They only recently (within the last couple years) managed to get a ~6mbps satellite connection. It's just barely adequate for a FaceTime call.

Being branded as a bunch of deplorables by Hillary Clinton certainly did nothing to help the situation; it only galvanized them. Branding them as child-hating psychopaths for wanting the right to any semi-automatic rifle they feel is fit for their tasks (pest control, self defense when your nearest neighbor might be a mile or two away, recreation) seems asinine too. It's just a different life out there. If we want to change things, it helps to understand their misery and challenges as well.
Was that what Hillary was talking about, or their behavior?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Was that what Hillary was talking about, or their behavior?

The Democratic nominee, at a New York fundraiser Friday night with liberal donors and Barbra Streisand, said "half" of Trump supporters fit into a "basket of deplorables," while the other half are people who feel the government has let them down and need understanding and empathy.
Doesn't matter either way. You're not winning hearts and minds with that kind of rhetoric, and that's what politicians are supposed to be doing by proposing solutions to the problems we face vs insulting people. Hell, if I had the charisma to do it, I'd run for the job myself :D I troubleshoot for a living; it's not that different if you understand the systems involved (and advisors can help with that).

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Doesn't matter either way. You're not winning hearts and minds with that kind of rhetoric, and that's what politicians are supposed to be doing by proposing solutions to the problems we face vs insulting people. Hell, if I had the charisma to do it, I'd run for the job myself :D I troubleshoot for a living; it's not that different if you understand the systems involved (and advisors can help with that).
Her "half" didn't help her campaign, but I imagine deplorables struck a little too close to home for some.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Her "half" didn't help her campaign, but I imagine deplorables struck a little too close to home for some.
I’d put more weight on her opinion if she actually bothered to have a one on one with these “deplorables” to understand them. My wife’s cousin Stephanie that I mentioned earlier certainly looks like a deplorable person based on that news snippet. If you knew her, you’d know exactly how she got to where she was. I’m proud of her for being in a much better place now.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I’d put more weight on her opinion if she actually bothered to have a one on one with these “deplorables” to understand them. My wife’s cousin Stephanie that I mentioned earlier certainly looks like a deplorable person based on that news snippet. If you knew her, you’d know exactly how she got to where she was. I’m proud of her for being in a much better place now.
I'm referring to the MAGA crowd, the alt-right etc. Hillary was spot-on regarding their behavior, and her or whomever who coined the word deplorables was accurate. It was a little too accurate for their liking. What was not accurate by Hillary was the 50%.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'm referring to the MAGA crowd, the alt-right etc. Hillary was spot-on regarding their behavior, and her or whomever who coined the word deplorables was accurate. It was a little too accurate for their liking. What was not accurate by Hillary was the 50%.
Many of my wife's family members ARE the MAGA crowd. They're not bad people. Quite good actually, and I enjoy spending time with them. A lot of my wife's cousins are nurses, firefighters, etc. They're deeply religious, which tinges their views on some issues. They definitely like guns; they taught me to shoot; they invited me to go trap shooting with them and I accepted (it was quite fun, and I got the hang of it once they told me the trick to do it successfully), and we've had get-togethers where we spend an hour or two shooting at targets for sh*ts and giggles. Deplorable? I don't think so.

More on opioids:

$26 Billion Agreement with Opioid Distributors/Manufacturer
On July 21, 2021, a bipartisan coalition of attorneys general announced final agreements with Johnson & Johnson, a manufacturer of prescription opioids, and the three major pharmaceutical distributors — Amerisource Bergen, Cardinal Health, and McKesson. These agreements resolve legal claims against those companies stemming from actions that fueled the opioid addiction epidemic in return for their payment of $26 billion and commitment to make major changes in how they do business to improve safety and oversight over the distribution of prescription opioid.
Because that's going to fix the damage done :rolleyes:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Many of my wife's family members ARE the MAGA crowd. They're not bad people. Quite good actually, and I enjoy spending time with them. A lot of my wife's cousins are nurses, firefighters, etc. They're deeply religious, which tinges their views on some issues. They definitely like guns; they taught me to shoot; they invited me to go trap shooting with them and I accepted (it was quite fun, and I got the hang of it once they told me the trick to do it successfully), and we've had get-togethers where we spend an hour or two shooting at targets for sh*ts and giggles. Deplorable? I don't think so.

More on opioids:

Because that's going to fix the damage done :rolleyes:
Hillary even says 'the sexist, racist, bigoted, xenophobic, islamophobic' in the link. Referring to the alt-right. However, if you're MAGA for a guy who consistently hate speaks, well that's the problem. (I've never actually seen Trump not look like he's fuming.) The deplorables are the ones who fit within the alt-right, or the people who revel in Trump's behavior. I think a significant key to Trump's attraction is his hate.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I've posted this before. The Trump era is more about this
1692346901847.png

Than this
1692346949551.png

I jokingly think attending a Trump rally is like going to the gas station to fill up on hate LOL.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I remember the guy on the radio saying, We like our drama. It probably is more digestible than to say you like how Trump pours gasoline on the fire LOL.

Also when Hugh Hewitt said, If you go after Trump, we're coming after Biden!

Me: Good, you can have him.

Hugh: Uh we gotta cut to a break. :p

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Hillary even says 'the sexist, racist, bigoted, xenophobic, islamophobic' in the link. Referring to the alt-right. However, if you're MAGA for a guy who consistently hate speaks, well that's the problem. (I've never actually seen Trump not look like he's fuming.) The deplorables are the ones who fit within the alt-right, or the people who revel in Trump's behavior. I think a significant key to Trump's attraction is his hate.
They certainly hold views that I don’t agree with, but it’s not specifically their fault. That’s my point. I know how they got to where they got. She just sees the behavior from afar and makes judgements and snide remarks from her ivory tower. How can she possibly solve the problem if she puts 0 effort in to understand it?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
They certainly hold views that I don’t agree with, but it’s not specifically their fault. That’s my point. I know how they got to where they got. She just sees the behavior from afar and makes judgements and snide remarks from her ivory tower. How can she possibly solve the problem if she puts 0 effort in to understand it?
No it's not solving the problem, buy yes she was correct in their behavior.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
No it's not solving the problem, buy yes she was correct in their behavior.
Would any of us have turned out differently if we lived these people’s lives? She writes these people off as irredeemable monsters, when that is not the case. I don’t know if I’ve moved the needle on their opinions by socializing with my wife’s family, but I like to think I have. None consider me an ignorant, close minded liberal to be sure.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Would any of us have turned out differently if we lived these people’s lives? She writes these people off as irredeemable monsters, when that is not the case. I don’t know if I’ve moved the needle on their opinions by socializing with my wife’s family, but I like to think I have. None consider me an ignorant, close minded liberal to be sure.
Wasn't Hillary referring to Trump deplorables though and their behavior? It seems to me there's no way around a leader with such a vile tongue.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis