D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Honestly, I’d love to have a conversation with the man. His biggest problems seem to be:

1. Impulse control & communication: he spouts off half baked, oftentimes offensive things. I’d opine he’s not necessarily trying to be an a-hole sometimes, nor is he mentally retarded; he just doesn’t know how to communicate his ideas effectively. Injecting bleach may be a horrible plan, but the concept of something that could disinfect us from the inside out is hardly a bad thing; it doesn’t exist, though it would be nice if it did. I was taking to a dentist about this yesterday, and she observed that she “injects” bleach regularly during root canals to sterilize the area.

2. Defensiveness and grudge holding. Due to the above, Trump tends to get a great deal of negative feedback, which he takes a great deal of personal offense to. The effects of this are quite clear, and I don’t think I need to say more.

My *non-professional* opinion is that Trump may well have good intentions and this comes through in his attempts to get the ball rolling on certain issues. He’s just severely misunderstood due to #1, and this causes him to be mocked, leading to #2. Not a good mix of characteristics for being POTUS, but he may not be the devil incarnate either.

Food for thought.
Not really much to misunderstand IMO. If he spews hate and makes inflammatory comments people will tire of it. With exception to MAGA. They loooooove it.

There's also the story years back of Trump speaking at his brother's funeral and saying he wasn't a "winner." Trump then talked about himself the remainder of the speech suggesting narcissism. This might explain why he still cannot accept he lost.

I have time for people who support his policies and leave it at that. It's when they try to add positive character attributes I don't.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Not really much to misunderstand IMO. If he spews hate and makes inflammatory comments people will tire of it. With exception to MAGA. They loooooove it.
The MAGA crowd love it because he’s actually addressing their concerns, albeit poorly. That’s why he has nigh unbreakable support among his base.

The rest comes down to him saying stupid poop, getting mocked, and then reacting. It’s an issue of basic temperament IMHO, vs evil to the core.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The MAGA crowd love it because he’s actually addressing their concerns, albeit poorly. That’s why he has nigh unbreakable support among his base.

The rest comes down to him saying stupid poop, getting mocked, and then reacting. It’s an issue of basic temperament IMHO, vs evil to the core.
I'm sure he addresses them, but I am also sure his anger & hate are what they find attractive. It's primal, and vitriolic. But his hate also led to the rise of the alt-right, concluding with Jan 6th.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'm sure he addresses them, but I am also sure his anger & hate are what they find attractive. It's primal, and vitriolic. But his hate also led to the rise of the alt-right, concluding with Jan 6th.
They’re pretty angry at the status quo, so I’m sure Trump’s vigor appeals to them.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'm sure that is, but it is the escalation of hate they find attractive.
I think it’s the fact that someone is listening to them at all. Trump presumably knows his market, and how to fire them up. He does know something about business. Meanwhile, the Democrats continue to demonize them. Is it any wonder we got to this point?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think it’s the fact that someone is listening to them at all. Trump presumably knows his market, and how to fire them up. He does know something about business. Meanwhile, the Democrats continue to demonize them. Is it any wonder we got to this point?
Implies it's the Democrats fault only.

Fires them up sounds better than reveling in hate qua hate.

During the 2016 election, a host had a psychologist on who was concerned about an unusual amount of stress. Unless this was concern over Hillary's radical social agenda, it was likely due to Trump's escalation and our inexperience in being exposed to him.

Charlottesville: where Trump said, There were good people on both sides. The one side being white supremacists; the other being anti-racist protesters, and antifa, who became violent. Normal politicians denounce the entire event and move on saying this isn't what America is about. It took Trump three days before denouncing the event, presumably due to pressure from the press.

Mike Gallagher Show: about five years ago in which after a list of Trump accomplishments said, .....and 20 years ago Trump denounced David Duke. (It may have been the KKK.) He didn't sound terribly confident in the conclusion LOL.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Implies it's the Democrats fault only.
It pretty much is. They ignored a sizable fraction of the country because their vote just didn’t matter for winning the electoral college. Worse, they demonize these people to this day. This isn’t to say Republicans don’t perform the exact same political calculus, but now it’s biting Democrats firmly in the ass. All it takes for Trump to win 2024 is an inconveniently timed recession that gets laid at the feet of Biden, or another unpredictable twist of fate; then we’re in for some trouble.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It pretty much is. They ignored a sizable fraction of the country because their vote just didn’t matter for winning the electoral college. Worse, they demonize these people to this day. This isn’t to say Republicans don’t perform the exact same political calculus, but now it’s biting Democrats firmly in the ass. All it takes for Trump to win 2024 is an inconveniently timed recession that gets laid at the feet of Biden, or another unpredictable twist of fate; then we’re in for some trouble.
And how would the Democrats have mollified this fraction of the country? How are they being demonized particularly?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
As I've stated numerous times before, it isn't your ideals. It's the other kinds of things above and elsewhere Trump attracts (and vocalizes) that will limit your ability to be heard.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
And how would the Democrats have mollified this fraction of the country? How are they being demonized particularly?
Start reading from here...
and throw this in for good measure:

As I've stated numerous times before, it isn't your ideals. It's the other kinds of things above and elsewhere Trump attracts (and vocalizes) that will limit your ability to be heard.
What can I say, I've spent enough time with the MAGA crowd to understand them, and be able to effectively communicate my ideas with them. They may not agree with everything, and that's OK. Some things only change with time. It wasn't that long ago that Obama was opposed to gay marriage.

President Obama remains opposed to same-sex marriage, even though he agrees with a district judge that California's ban against it is unconstitutional, a White House adviser said today.

Supporters of Proposition 8 -- a measure approved by California voters in 2008 that bans same-sex marriage -- plan to appeal yesterday's ruling, and it may reach the Supreme Court.

"The president does oppose same-sex marriage, but he supports equality for gay and lesbian couples, and benefits and other issues, and that has been effectuated in federal agencies under his control," White House adviser David Axelrod said today on MSNBC.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
and throw this in for good measure:

What can I say, I've spent enough time with the MAGA crowd to understand them, and be able to effectively communicate my ideas with them. They may not agree with everything, and that's OK. Some things only change with time. It wasn't that long ago that Obama was opposed to gay marriage.

Okay, looking at the first post don't see how the opioid issues have anything to do with Democrats mollifying MAGAs or not. I'd have to revisit the actual remarks Hillary made and the context to see how that makes the MAGA crowd demonized particularly by anyone but Hillary in that instance....or by supporting drumphy does the MAGA crowd just not realizing that's somewhat self-demonizing? He does have 666 tatooed under that flap of "hair" I figure :).

I haven't seen that the MAGAs have a handle on immigration (legal or not) but it is somewhat ironic that our country (supposedly the MAGA ancestors particularly) was founded on a wave of illegal immigration/genocide in the first place. Does make me think of a coupla of my MAGA friends, who loves their immigrant labor. Maybe we should scrub that former ideal off of the statue of liberty....

There's a lot of handwaving of vague and assumed concepts that the MAGAs have, a lot based on poor information.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Okay, looking at the first post don't see how the opioid issues have anything to do with Democrats mollifying MAGAs or not.
What did Democrats do to solve this problem, or any problem rural people face? While you may not agree with JD Vance's politics, his book Hillbilly Elegy is an interesting read (technically I listened to it on a road trip :p ).

I'd have to revisit the actual remarks Hillary made and the context to see how that makes the MAGA crowd demonized
The context doesn't matter. She should have never been stupid enough to say such a thing in the first place. She was an arrogant ass who thought it was her divine right to ascend to the presidency such that she didn't bother to campaign properly. People were shocked when she lost Michigan on election night, but if anybody had bothered to dig a little deeper, they'd have known she was screwed. She assumed that she was invincible. She found out the hard way that she wasn't.

Still, Peters — the only non-incumbent Democrat to win a Senate seat in 2014 — says the Clinton campaign made an array of unforced errors that allowed Trump to take the state. Among the biggest: failing to visit United Automobile Workers (UAW) halls full of union members who didn’t trust her position on free trade and using get-out-the-vote records that were so inaccurate that Clinton volunteers routinely found themselves knocking on the doors of Trump supporters. Those, he notes diplomatically, really aren’t the people Clinton should have been trying to bring to the polls.
At least Trump had the audacity to speak about trade.

There's a lot of handwaving of vague and assumed concepts that the MAGAs have, a lot based on poor information.
They listen to the people that speak to them, as we all do. Right now, the bed is speaking to me, and I've got an extra-early on site visit in the AM. :p

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What did Democrats do to solve this problem, or any problem rural people face? While you may not agree with JD Vance's politics, his book Hillbilly Elegy is an interesting read (technically I listened to it on a road trip :p ).

The context doesn't matter. She should have never been stupid enough to say such a thing in the first place. She was an arrogant ass who thought it was her divine right to ascend to the presidency such that she didn't bother to campaign properly. People were shocked when she lost Michigan on election night, but if anybody had bothered to dig a little deeper, they'd have known she was screwed. She assumed that she was invincible. She found out the hard way that she wasn't.

At least Trump had the audacity to speak about trade.

They listen to the people that speak to them, as we all do. Right now, the bed is speaking to me, and I've got an extra-early on site visit in the AM. :p
So the opioid issue only occurred within Democrat-run areas? I think the Sacklers should be stripped of all their money and many of the doctors and pharmacies involved to suffer similar myself. What did the republicans offer?

Yes, but the republicans, not just Maga, altho more intense on the maga side I think, side of things has been saying some horrid things, particularly during Obama's presidency, so that's more a wash unless they just feel they should be the only abusive ones...as fueled on for many years now by am radio rage and faux news, etc....

Drumphy barely understood trade, and did little about it.

Hope you slept well.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

That's nice, but it isn't really the entire timeline with Trump, eh? After Jan 6th it becomes difficult for me to really care.

Not real sure what Obama's position on marriage has to do with anything? Obama openly said he believes in traditional marriage, but then after passed gay marriage.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Clinton acknowledged that Saturday afternoon in a statement:

"Last night I was 'grossly generalistic,' and that's never a good idea. I regret saying 'half' — that was wrong. But let's be clear, what's really 'deplorable' is that Donald Trump hired a major advocate for the so-called 'alt-right' movement to run his campaign and that David Duke and other white supremacists see him as a champion of their values. It's deplorable that Trump has built his campaign largely on prejudice and paranoia and given a national platform to hateful views and voices, including by retweeting fringe bigots with a few dozen followers and spreading their message to 11 million people. It's deplorable that he's attacked a federal judge for his 'Mexican heritage,' bullied a Gold Star family because of their Muslim faith, and promoted the lie that our first black president is not a true American. So I won't stop calling out bigotry and racist rhetoric in this campaign. I also meant what I said last night about empathy, and the very real challenges we face as a country where so many people have been left out and left behind. As I said, many of Trump's supporters are hard-working Americans who just don't feel like the economy or our political system are working for them. I'm determined to bring our country together and make our economy work for everyone, not just those at the top. Because we really are 'stronger together.' "

-------

The backbone of his candidacy has been a steady barrage of insults and innuendo for anyone who disagrees with him. And that's something that has animated his base, about two-thirds of which believes the U.S. is becoming too soft and feminine and is bothered by immigrants who don't speak English. (For more on that, see the PRRI/Atlantic poll below.)

Last edited:
H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
So the opioid issue only occurred within Democrat-run areas? I think the Sacklers should be stripped of all their money and many of the doctors and pharmacies involved to suffer similar myself. What did the republicans offer?
This reminded me of when I lived in SA TX in the late 90's. Drive by shootings went from >1000 to <20 in one year. A little gerrymandering what is actually is SA and doing things like reporting loud noises heard instead of gun shots fired if no one took a bullet or there were no holes in the wall. Voila, the problem went away. If you don't want an opioid problem, you can make it vanish.... on paper anyway.

Then we have/had guys, like Rush L, saying to addicts just get a job, it's just a choice etc. His consortium of good Christian followers repeated after him like good servants. Then his obedient followers felt sorry for him when he became addicted opioids. What!? If you're rich and famous your problems that lead to opioid addiction are different and excusable?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I think the Sacklers should be stripped of all their money and many of the doctors and pharmacies involved to suffer similar myself.
This is what should have happened. Republicans clearly weren’t going to do this, but imagine if Democrats, who claimed to give a flying fig about the people DID, and used those confiscated funds to try and repair the damage, including in the hard hit rural areas? Imagine if Democrats, instead of just mocking Trump’s wall, proposed and implemented a better system to secure the border AND build an international coalition to help work out Central and South American issues before this issue came to a head? Imagine if Democrats acknowledged the issues with NAFTA and actually did something about it? I feel like John Lennon now :D, but the point is, if Democrats actually DID something, Trump would never have come to pass. He’s the symptom of a bigger problem. The average politician at the highest levels really just either don’t give a truck about solving people’s problems or are too incompetent to do so.

Or maybe I’m just a genius who should be in charge of running everything.:p

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Not real sure what Obama's position on marriage has to do with anything?
If the man who can be reasonably described as one of the most progressive presidents in US history opposed gay marriage, what are we supposed to expect from the rest of society? Opinions just don’t change overnight like that. It needs extensive public discussion, and people willing to listen (see above post on how that could have been done).

Clinton acknowledged that Saturday afternoon in a statement:

"Last night I was 'grossly generalistic,' and that's never a good idea. I regret saying 'half' — that was wrong. But let's be clear, what's really 'deplorable' is that Donald Trump hired a major advocate for the so-called 'alt-right' movement to run his campaign and that David Duke and other white supremacists see him as a champion of their values. It's deplorable that Trump has built his campaign largely on prejudice and paranoia and given a national platform to hateful views and voices, including by retweeting fringe bigots with a few dozen followers and spreading their message to 11 million people. It's deplorable that he's attacked a federal judge for his 'Mexican heritage,' bullied a Gold Star family because of their Muslim faith, and promoted the lie that our first black president is not a true American. So I won't stop calling out bigotry and racist rhetoric in this campaign. I also meant what I said last night about empathy, and the very real challenges we face as a country where so many people have been left out and left behind. As I said, many of Trump's supporters are hard-working Americans who just don't feel like the economy or our political system are working for them. I'm determined to bring our country together and make our economy work for everyone, not just those at the top. Because we really are 'stronger
That’s not how you apologize for being an arrogant, self righteous c*nt who was stupid enough not to realize that she could be recorded at a public event, instead believing she was in a safe space.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If the man who can be reasonably described as one of the most progressive presidents in US history opposed gay marriage, what are we supposed to expect from the rest of society? Opinions just don’t change overnight like that. It needs extensive public discussion, and people willing to listen (see above post on how that could have been done).

That’s not how you apologize for being an arrogant, self righteous c*nt who was stupid enough not to realize that she could be recorded at a public event, instead believing she was in a safe space.
You're showing your true colors. The point being she said she was wrong for calling "half" of them deplorables. But she was also right about Trump, his hate rhetoric, and the alt-right.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis